Capella Vanilla Custard V1 vs V2

It worked for me for a while. Then I stepped up my game and got nic sourced from NicSelect. Most people here who use it get it from Heartland

You know, I haven’t noticed smell really. I just now popped the top on my CAP Vanilla Custard V2 and V1. There is a noticeable difference in smell when comparing side-by-side but I wouldn’t say it’s necessarily bad in V2. I don’t breathe many of my mixes at all, only when I detect alcohol in a flavor. In the case of these VCs I don’t breathe them at all.

1 Like

I have mixed a few recipes using both since I started this thread. And I can honestly say I see what you guys mean about the vomit aftertaste. It’s not really vomit to me. But it is a kind of mild sour kinda note. It’s not that I won’t use the V2 to make anything else. But I will be happy when it’s gone. I may order a small bottle again in a pinch. Because the juice I made with it is definitely vapable. But the off-taste is definitely noticable.

1 Like

So V1 is the way to go? Seems like the V2 is losing any chance of purchase w every post! Going to add the V1 and use the TPA V Custard til its gone. Like how the TPA has mixed look forward to the Cap as I hear only good things about it

I won’t order V2 any more if V1 is available. But if I need to mix a small batch and V1 isn’t available I might consider V2. I don’t hate it. But I like V1 better.

This all depends on the percentage of Vanilla Custard being used too. I made Unicorn Milk with V2 and it turned out really good. But I can tell it was made with V2, and I am a noob. I suggest you try a small bottle and see what you think.

Honestly I think people should try a sample size of each. I didn’t care much for the TPA DX Bavarian Cream as a standalone, but it’s fine in a mix. I’m not terrified of diacetyl, acetoin, etc, but it doesn’t make sense to me to be using them if I’m OK with diketone-free alternative.

2 Likes

Ya your right in that. I hated the TPA cheesecake but that’s just because It wasn’t what I was looking for, shouldn’t be too quick to judge something though. Now I think the TPA cheesecake has a place and it just has to be found. Tried a few but thinking next step is something fruity, strawberry cheesecake maybe or just used in addition to some mixes. As everything is to each their own

It’s like how I feel about bleu cheese. Tastes like pure butyric acid on its own, but you add a lot of spinach, some raspberries, walnuts, and vinaigrette dressing, and that’s a whole nother thing. :yum: (talking about food, not eliquid)

1 Like

I’m sure hot wings flavor is coming…they have damn near everything else haha

I saw Green Pepper on ECX last night lol

There’s a saying that’s pretty popular with another DIY group: “Friends don’t let friends vape savory”.

If you haven’t vaped a bacon, pizza, or other savory flavor, don’t worry. You aren’t missing anything good.

1 Like

Yeah, I am 100% positive Green Pepper will never find it’s way onto my shelf :flushed:

1 Like

Finally put my money where my mouth is and did this. Mixed up 2 batches of this:

0.5% Marshmallow (FA)
4% Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)
4% Sweet Strawberry (CAP)
8% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)***

***One with V1 and one with V2

After a one week steep, the V1 was really good. The V2 was underwhelming. I also noticed a lot of the well reviewed recipes for V2 rarely go over 3 or 4% so I should probably mix something where it’s less dominant before I decide final opinions. But initial impression: I would not choose V2 as a standalone or primary flavor.

2 Likes

My plans for my V2…
Mix using V1 as I normally would, and add a drop of V2 to every bottle I mix until it’s gone :wink:

3 Likes

Hey Zigz… @LordVapor told me “Friends don’t let friends vape salads” when I was speaking about a tossed salad recipe I am concocting FA Bell Pepper is part of the recipe…but in this case…it’s gonna be great… :slight_smile: But back to the topic…I mixed Cap Custard V2 and steeped it for 7 weeks…Vaped it, but failed to finish the whole tank…not my cup of tea…I got a V1 steeping now at 20%.at about 3 weeks in…can tell by smell that it is gonna be a totally different experience…Butyric Acid is the substitute component in the V2…which is often found in V2s and DX flavors…of custards, creams and such…Note: there is a thread up in here talking about the no-diketone flavors…seems that most prefer V1s…

Well I guess I am the odd man out
But I go thru so much VC mix I would hate to say on here
I do use the v2 in my custard
I seriously vape 480 ml a month of it
So I 120 ml a week
I am afraid to use that much of
DDL fw 2%
French Vanilla cap v2 1.5%
VC cap v2 12 to 15 %
After month steep I like it
Was using v1 VC
TPA DDL flavor but has warning

1 Like

Yup, I’ve posted in that thread. I’m one of the people who greatly prefers V1 to V2 for Cap’s Vanilla Custard.

1 Like

Can’t wait for my V1 to finish steeping…How long do you generally steep your custards?

A month is pretty safe, but sometimes I am impatient. :blush:

cool…at 3 weeks now…maybe I will cut my 7 week steep to 5…

I honestly haven’t tasted much difference between 1 week and 4+ weeks on the recipe I’m vaping today. It’s pretty fantastic pretty fast!