My understanding is exactly the same as you described. The panels on the drug screens for THC will not flag due tot he fact there is no THC present in these CBD oils. NOW....I never say never or always so..if I was hurting for a job and I knew a drug test was on the horizon, I'd probably just vape NIC vapes until things were all clear.
I am looking to substitute CBD for nicotine entirely in my recipes but every CBD oil I have tried has a really herby taste to it. It would completely throw off any recipe I have.
The two people I know that vape CBD oil both work at a local smoke shop and both swear by it. They vape it "pure" (no recipe , just CBD) and one vapes it for Epilepsy (has stopped his siezures by about 90% and made the other 10% much less severe...should be noted that not one big pharma medication could accomplish anything close). He smokes a small amount in his morning routine, I think it is a fraction of an iJust2 tank he uses only for this, and he is gtg for the day.
The other person I know, uses CBD oil for chronic pain. She was HORRIBLY addicted to opiate pain medication which is readily available in South FL still and finally when things just got too far off the rails she turned to that as an option and it saved her life. So far as I am aware she has been using CBD oil (again pure and again, as an AM routine in a relatively small amount [I'll try and get specifics]) for like 2 years or so now, with no pain pills needed.
There's all kinds of goodness in that information. And yes this needs to be discussed early often and insistantly. Even THC being a scheule whatever narcotic with Heroin and Cocaine and illegal is just fucking stupid. Sorry.That's just the only phrase that fits for me.