Chasing the Coffee Rainbow

I started DIYing a while ago and my ADV is Jam Roly Poly (Cupcake World) and starting to get a bit bored of it. My old ADV was a Coffee Hazlenut Cake by Aerovape (The concentrate is never in stock) and would love something similar to this in DIY. I have tried loads of coffee cake and straight coffee recipes but I cant seem to match it or produce anything thats vapeable in coffee. I know coffee is a tricky flavour to get right but any ideas on an Aerovape Coffee Hazlenut Cake clone?

6 Likes

I see this is your first post, welcome to ELR.

If you search for coffee you will find multiple conversations on this topic:

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/search?q=coffee

Here is a good place to see what others are doing with coffee, recipe wise:

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/list?q=coffee&exclsingle=0&sort=score&direction=desc

Again, welcome to ELR and enjoy your stay, this is THE place for e liquid recipes

7 Likes

Thanks. I like the look and ratings of Smooth Morning kick. Most of my concentrates are TPA so will have to save up for a FA order.

4 Likes

You wont be sorry that you did, Tiramisu (Booster) (FA) is a fantastic flavoring. A nice rich and complex coffee at the higher end of mixing %s and a great dessert vape at the lower end.

I dont clone liquids so i cant help you with that, good luck!

4 Likes

Is Booster the same as standard FA Tiramisu. Uk flavour names are different often and I cant find Booster anywhere including Chefs Vapour. Same goes for Vanilla Tahity.

1 Like

Im in the UK and i use chefsflavour.co.uk - https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/flavourart-concentrates/3010-tiramisu.html?search_query=tiramisu&results=1 i think this is the one your after

2 Likes

I do believe so, i didnt see another when i was searching.

1 Like

My Chefs Vapour basket now stands north of Ā£20. Looks like a Pot Noodle for tea week!

4 Likes

Yes, they are the same. A lot of FAā€™s flavors have two names (for whatever reason). Usually in the database on ELR the main name will be first and the secondary name will be in parentheses.

Coffee is a tough one. Lots of people trying to get this one. I just mixed @Beaufort_Batches Strawberry Latte and itā€™s pretty fantastic so far. Itā€™s only been a week, but I can see this one going in my regular rotation and thatā€™s saying a lot. I havenā€™t had a regular coffee vapeā€¦well, ever. :wink: Great job Beaufort!

Strawberry Latte

Ingredient %
Butterscotch (FA) 1
Cream Fresh (FA) 1.5
Custard (FA) 1
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 2
Strawberry Shisha (INAWERA) 2
Tiramisu (INAWERA) 0.5
Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA) 1
Vienna Cream (FA) 1

Flavor total: 10%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

I typically recommend FAs Dark Bean (Coffee Espresso), and still will because itā€™s an awesome flavor and a must have for coffee, but tiramisu is really impressing me right now. It gives a great coffee flavor without being super overpowering and I like that.

7 Likes

Lest we forget our very own Lars (Lord of ELR!)

4 Likes

I really like FWā€™s Coffee at 1 to 1.5%ā€¦no idea if itā€™s the same as what I find listed at most places currently (ā€œCafe Coffeeā€) thanks to either being old stock where I purchased it (VapeMall), or a rename at FW, or what.

Unfortunately I canā€™t help either on the ā€˜cloneā€™ as Iā€™ve not tasted your point of reference. Coffee Hazelnut Cake does definitely sound nummy though!

Finally, welcome to the ELR forums craggle58!!

1 Like

Well youā€™ve shown us you arenā€™t afraid to grab the brass ring by starting off with coffee lolā€¦

Welcome to best group of mixers on planet earth!

3 Likes

That is a very good recipe! You may lower or increase the coffee flavor to taste :slight_smile:

The other thing I have done is (some would agree, some not) is find one of the highest rated 5 star custard recipes on the site and added .50 of DARK BEAN (COFFEE ESPRESSO) BY FLAVOURART

You could try http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/150112/Third+World+Custard and the Dark Bean

I made a concoction like this for my neighbor at our campsite, she raves of it.

The thing with coffee vapes I have learned the hard way is they have a shorter shelf life. Yes, you need to let them steep but will become quite bitter after 2 months in my experience.

1 Like

Here is a coffee recipe from my private stash that some you may enjoy;

5 Likes

I might enjoy that too.

1 Like

All great advice and suggestions. My usual (and cheapest) supplier is Vapable and they stock a FA Espresso Creme. Is this a different flavour to Dark Bean? Similarly they stock a ā€˜Madagascar Vanilla Classicā€™ which could be Vanilla Tahity? Neither of these correlate with the official UK FlavourArt list:

http://www.flavourart.co.uk/all-flavours.html

3 Likes

I guess there are differences. The great thing we have on this site though is some wonderful UK mixers that will pipe up in no time with answers!

1 Like

If you want it sweeter, bump up Brown Sugar and Meringue till you hit your targetā€¦

1 Like

That is a great juice of @Beaufort_Batches I was stuck on that for a month straight and loving every minute of it !

2 Likes

I wonder if the FA Espresso creme is actually Italian Relax which is a Cappuccino cream by FA and Vanilla Classic is just a Madagascar Vanilla the Vanilla Tahity is Vanilla (which I believe is Madagascar vanilla) and Almond in it.

EDIT : That Espresso Creme is a Blenderized mix available only at FA UK they tend to blend specialties like Cornish Cream Tea which isnā€™t an actually FA true flavoring.

Your link has the Espresso cream as a blended one shot .- If you like a full-bodied, intense Espresso then this should suit you. A distinctly dark coffee flavour with a hint of Fresh Cream. Sounds like Dark bean Coffee espresso to me !

4 Likes