Chasing the Coffee Rainbow

I have ordered the UK alternatives and sent an email to FlavourArt UK for clarification on US/UK flavours. I am finally realising that DIY should be a flexible art governed by personal taste rather than a science of rigid recipes anyway. Thanks for the help and I will report back when I eventually crack a decent coffee.

4 Likes

I made the ā€˜Smooth Morning Kickā€™ and couldnā€™t resist trying it after only 2 day steep. This is definitely the coffee recipe I have been looking for. I am mixing the variants using caramel and coconut tonight (I only have Decadent Vapour Irish Coffee so may try this addition as well). Consider the rainbow chased. Many thanks for your help on this.

4 Likes

Has anyone been using FLV Coffee & finding good results with it ?

Itā€™s really good.

There are 3 types of vanillaā€¦classic, sometimes called Madagascar or bourbonā€¦which is more of a classic North American tasteā€¦ French Vanillaā€¦A softer creamy Vanillaā€¦ and Vanilla Tahityā€¦a flavour I just picked up and is supposedly a totally different from the other twoā€¦ Thatā€™s what I got out of my Vanilla researchā€¦cheers

What about Vanilla Bourbon?

I read Vanilla bourbon is just another name for Madagascar or Vanilla Classicā€¦now if the vendors are saying their is bourbon in itā€¦I would make sure they arenā€™t just referring to Vanilla Classic.

2 Likes

As a new mixer myself, and a fan of coffee juices (well, coffee in general), Iā€™m glad to have found this thread. Looks like Iā€™ve gotta add some flavors to my next order. Havenā€™t even mixed my first batch and already thinking of what Iā€™d gonna buy next

FA concentrates seem expensive at first but always seem to prove more cost effective in the long run. Especially in the case of this excellent recipe:

Further respect to Lars.

2 Likes

The Irish Cream variation is sublime.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been on the fence about Tiramisu since I have an odd reaction to chocolate vape flavors. Is the chocolate aspect of this very prominent or is it more of a hint of mocha?

I donā€™t get chocolate from it, just creamy mochaā€¦but thatā€™s just me :+1:

Coffee, I mean coffee!

2 Likes

So is the caramel additionā€¦@daath made a truly superb blend here :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™ve been playing with different coffee/cappuccino/caramel/creamy type recipes and so far theyā€™ve all been okay just not really delicious yet, lol.

2 Likes

My go to coffeeish flavoring is def inw tiramisu. Itā€™s great with cap cinnamon danish.

3 Likes

ā€œall been ok not really delicious yetā€.

I know that problem, itā€™s a friend of mine.

My problem with mixing coffee is it needs cream. By the time the cream comes around in the steep to vape it the coffee flavor is almost too bitter. The stuff I mix has a 2 week window of being pretty good.

1 Like

Would it be an idea to add the coffee later in the steeping process, or will it not mix properly that way?

3 Likes

I have some coffee, peanut butter and cappaciuno to send if someones interested. Would like to trade but I really donā€™t need/want these flavors. Jungle Flavors, 10ml or so of each

1 Like

@Maureeenie, @anon60225325, I will definitely keep your suggestions in mind, thank you! So far most of my testing involves Cappuccino FA. Itā€™s nice on itā€™s own at 3% but still kind of flat and not really yummy yaā€™ know? Iā€™ve tried it with various combinations of creams, caramel and sweeteners with varying results. Now I also have Dark Bean FA and several new cream flavors which Iā€™ve mixed a few testers of but I havenā€™t had a chance to taste anything yet.

Annnd bringing up this thread again.

What Coffee is everyone using? I tried FA Dark Bean and others a while back, but gave up as they all tasted burnt, blech.

Was wondering if anything has appeared since then that is good. Still waiting for my WF Brazilian Coffee to steep, hopefully it doesnā€™t taste burnt :crossed_fingers: