Coffee Vape From Beans

For sure. I wanted to start small because I had no idea where this would take me. I think cracking them open without actually grinding them should be in my next attempt.

2 Likes

Yeah, grinding them might be too much and harder to strain out the bean. Thatā€™s why I was thinking of just smashing them with a spoon or something.

3 Likes

Occasionally I do, but I mainly order from Alfred Peet, hand-grind in a ceramic cone, and press in a 3-cup Bodum.

slightly off topicā€¦but what do think steeping a custard with a vanilla pod would doā€¦?..
I have no experience with coffee steeping or vanilla pod steeping, at this point just with Jack Daniels oak chips (which was divine) I was just wonderingā€¦

I think you should try it and let us know! :wink:

ā€¦itā€™s poisonous isnā€™t it ā€¦(thereā€™s isnt a squinty eyeā€™d emoji but Iā€™m doing that right nowā€¦)

2 Likes

It was nice knowing you, Brother, but please let us know how it tasted before you leave for the afterlife, eh?
I wonā€™t forget to send flowers, albeit little plastic ones. [The TPA is too expensive for real ones, sorry] :smile_cat:

I will even play you a song at your departureā€¦

3 Likes

If it is, then my baked goods are deadly! I use TWO TEASPOONS in my cookies!!

1 Like

4 Likes

4 Likes

I shall give it a go this weekend and report back with my findingsā€¦If I survive the initial test :skull::+1:
:wink:

3 Likes

@Pugs1970

4 Likes

3 Likes

Is it dead or alive? :smile:

3 Likes

I believe @therabidweasel does his own vanilla bean extractionsā€¦

2 Likes

He does indeed , a couple more on here do as well but ā€¦I canā€™t remember who ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ll look into that, thanks @JoJo :slight_smile::+1:

2 Likes

@JoJo as usual was correct. @therabidweasel method of extracting the vanilla is in his notes under this recipe.
His notes:
take an old 15ml juice bottle, cut a length of vanilla bean to fit, split it into quarters 90% down the length so it stays in one piece, fill the bottle with PG. Let steep as long as possible, shake nightly and will be ready in about 6 weeks when the color gets dark. Itā€™s not very strong, but it does the job.

Uncle Junks John Wayne Clone

Ingredient %
Butterscotch (TPA) 1.5
Coconut (TPA) 0.5
DX Hazelnut (TPA) 0.25
English Toffee (TPA) 0.5
Homemade Papua Vanilla 3
Kentucky Bourbon (TPA) 2
RY4 Double (TPA) 1.5
Salted Caramel (FW) 1.5
Smooth (TPA) 5
Toasted Almond (TPA) 0.25

Flavor total: 16%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
4 Likes

awesome thank you!

1 Like

6 weeksā€¦ugh.

1 Like