Coil Building Show Offs (Part II)

Yup me too. If I ever accomplish it, I’ll share it with you :wink:

Maybe parallel aliens? Lol

1 Like

Simple stuff, 2x28/40 SS316L fused Clapton, 3.5mm I.D., giving the wasp one last chance before my ammit rda arrives Friday lol

The coil is actually purple the rda makes it look black lol

4 Likes

You are much better off keeping the coil o.d with that type of deck where the coil sits in a block small. With simple wire i only use 3mm coil but if u are using coils like that you would have to make them smaller. The idea to stuff that area doesnt give the air a change to escape. I cant tell w/ pics but it also helps to move the coil so it sits slightly above the block so if u look thru the air holes, u just see the lower half of it. GL to u!
Edit: ohh yeah, the disclaimer: YMMV :rofl:

3 Likes

For me, the hardest part of these Staggered Stapeltons is coiling them. These ohm out at .09 and are made with .5 flat kanthal framed with 26g kan and wrapped with 36 gauge

13 Likes

I do have the positioning right it’s just a crappy phone picture lol that’s good info though, I’ve tried everything from 2.5mm all the way up to 4mm with simple and fancy coils, I feel like the wasp just has too much airflow for a 22mm single coil and when I close it down it whistles like crazy lol

3 Likes

I don’t care what size coil ID or how open or closed I have the airflow, my Wasp sounds like a cot damn dog whistle. Flavor is great though.

6 Likes

Hey Fishie, it looks like you dipped the whole thing into roofing tar. (I hate pics on my phone too, they never make it look right :sunglasses:).

4 Likes

All my build pics are with my phone, but the wasp is the only rda I have that’s painted on the inside too lol really jacks with the colors. @TheTinMan flavor isn’t bad, but I bought it hoping for something I could run around .4 ohm on a mech squonker and that’s way too cool for me in the wasp, When I was using it on a mech .2 or .25 was where I had to run it to get the heat I wanted.

5 Likes

I don’t think that’s paint buddy.

2 Likes

Your right, it’s pure tar from my adv, 15% FW yellow cake & 5% FA cocoa😎

2 Likes

Tiger coil, 26g SS316L twisted together with 0.2x0.8 ribbon, also SS316L

10 Likes

5 wrap 3.5mm i.d. 24/36 Clapton, all SS316L, digiflavor fuji single coil rta.
Pre-glow

Post-glow

9 Likes

28/36 SS316L Clapton, 3mm, 3/4 wrap parallel, hermetic rda, squonk-o-licious!

10 Likes

That’s friggin gorgeous beautiful work =)

4 Likes

Thank you @RexRabbit. I could have done better on the wraps. We are our own worst critics.

3 Likes

12 Likes

Always… it’s never good enough… then when we test how it performs, we always say… not bad but… where can I improve this? I could do this, I could do that… faster, slower, Ni80, SS,a mix might be better, it’ll never end…

7 Likes

My favorite build yet in the hermetic rda, 2x26/36 fused clapton, 4/5 wrap on 4mm I.D., on the arctic dolphin crea mech, 0.26 ohm. It’s a little hot on a fresh battery but after a few hits it levels out to a nice warm vape with instant ramp up, and the coil size helps restrict the airflow a little bit and increase flavor.

14 Likes

There’s probably load of topics already created on this subject, but I’m curious to see what others do.

What’s your best coil build for an RDA?

I’ve used various from simple up to complexed juggernaut’s, which in my opinion, found to be rubbish.

I now mainly use SS flat or fused Clapton 4 wraps.

It’s nice and fun to see bug clouds, but my main objective is flavour. So I’m looking for options off others regarding what they use, to satisfy their taste buds.

I use the Hellvape Drop Dead Rabbit RDA vaping at around 90-110 watts.
I also us the Vandy Vape bonza RDA and in the next week or so the Hellvape Passage.

4 Likes

There are indeed. The topic @Koningmafkees suggested is probably a collection of both flavor and show off coils, but using the search function, you’ll find plenty discussions.

Not only the type of coils or the type of metal define your flavor. Your atty as well as your wick can have a huge impact. I’d say read up in those threads, there’s enough info and examples to keep you busy for days.
Some people swear by regular round wire coils while others require some kind of special build or a mesh, some use Ti, SS, Ka, Ni80, … wicks: cotton pads, rayon, hemp, several different brands of each, … there’s so much you can experiment with in your search for flavor and it’s all very subjective.

4 Likes