Coil Building show offs!

This is a build from some wire I made a few days ago. The flavor from this build is unlike any I’ve ever had before. This thing is a different kind of hot. You will see it in the glowshots. I’ve never seen coils glow this color before and it has a different effect on the flavor. It tastes like I’m drinking the juice. There should be a flavor meter because this flavor is pure and true to the juice. (@Amy2 Blueberries and Cream v2, with a little extra blueberry). Notice it never turns white hot like kanthal.

It’s a Dual fused Tio2 and Ni200 Clapton @ .06 ohms.

4 Likes

Those are Beautiful! And your rock in’ the berries n cream :slight_smile:️ I’m flattered

1 Like

wow just plain wow!!!

Here’s a very simple tiger wire build using 24g NiCr8020 and .8mm ribbon wire.

8 wrap on a 3mm ID coming in at .46ohms.

Lovely cool dense vape and flavour is incredible from the nichrome 80 wire and its crisped up further by the .8mm.

I think this build will work immensely well in a regulated mod.

One that I’ll definitely revisit once my M80 arrives.

CMJ.

P.s also blue hue from the nichrome looks great!

I made two versions of the Clapton wrapped Clapton wire. I’ll mount these in a few days.

3 Likes

Dual Verticle Clapton on Clapton… The 69 Build.

3 Likes

Now that is sick!!!

TC usable?

Come on give us some specifics “metal Master”.

Tio2 core with
SS core and Ni200 over wrapped Clapton?

CMJ.

30/36 kanthal outer clapton, Tio2 core

1 Like

A little something different. 3 strands 26g Kanthal fused and fused again to 2 strands twisted 317L. I’m going for a staged heated fused clapton. The fused kanthal should fire slow and the twisted 317L should fire like a rocket. Seven strands total, about 15+ ft of wire. The glowshot should be a light show.

#Wire Fusion

5 Likes

Simply magnificent!

CMJ

2 Likes

Staged heating is so great for flavour.

All this twisting and fusing you’re doing with these wires has me thinking about trying a 3 strand twist of 24g Kanthal, 24g NiCr80 and 25g 317L.

I might have a go at that later.

I had a hommer Simpson moment last night.

Was about to install a mostly Nichrome Transformer coil in my Petri and thought these posts have been leaning like the Pisa so I tried straightening out one. Snap. Off it came from the deck. Lol.

Straight onto FT for another I went and decided to add on a Velocity too.

J

2 Likes

I was just telling @ringling Those Velocity RDAs are becoming real popular. If you do a search for one it’s about 10 pages of Velocity RDAs

2 Likes

Between you, LoganM and Rip Trippers I couldn’t resist getting one.

The vertical post design and click lock cap are what sold it me.

No more matching your legs before mounting, just throw the upper in high and the lower in low.

I wrapped a 24g Ni80, 24g Kanth and a 317L 25g triple twisted wire last night.

On my mech it almost drained an entire battery firing and tightening.

Ramp up was just ludicrous.

So I ripped it out in favour of a 317L Clapton and 24g Ni80 parallel build.

J

3 Likes

With what you’re building, anything under 100w is gonna struggle to keep up. You need two good 18650s to jump those builds off. The better your builds get , the more power will need… and like me you’re gonna see your ohms get lower and lower. You are out building your hardware. Consider a 100w plus dual 18650 mod.

2 Likes

Fully agree.

I think I’ll probably be investing in an Osmium Styled Box too soon.

Just a basic dual 18650 Mech box.

Get myself some decent 30A or 35A batteries and really blow some clouds. Lol.

J

I’ve gone back to the Transformer coil in my Mutation X.

This one is using 28/36 Kanthal claptons, wrapped with .8mm ribbon kanthal in parallel with 26g kanthal.

4/5 wrap, on a 2.4mm ID .24ohms.

I think eventually I’ll probably end up with the SnowWolf200 as my high wattage Mod but for now my M80 (shipping tomorrow) will suffice for my delve into regulated Sub Ohm vaping.

Have you checked out RipTrippers sneak peak at the DNA200 box???

CMJ

2 Likes

Just wrapped another Clapton Helix wire.

This is a twisted 28/36 Clapton helixed with 29g Nichrome 80.

4 Likes

@Jondamon @NewDrip holy hell. You guys are artists!

4 Likes

That’s some good looking wire CMJ.

2 Likes

Alright Coil Boys…here’s what I’ve got so far: Ni200 in 28, 30, 32; Tempered Ni200 in 30; Kanthal A1 in 24, 26, 28, and 32; and SS 316L in 26. Two questions: What should I get next? Considering I have a single batt 50w box with finicky TC, a Magma, a PV 1.5, and NO drill, where should I start?

1 Like