Coil Building show offs!

Wow, it works really good, thanks!

2 Likes

They got a little messed up while separating but I can fix em :smile:

Put them on the jig and press them into the base. Compact them, they should in theory spring back with even spacing.

1 Like

in theory?

Gosh I wish my wire order will arrive soon. I’m craving a wire/coil build badly. I need my fix, but they only left New Jersey today on the long trip to Australia. Maybe a beer will suffice for the moment.

1 Like

And practice, what if they didn’t though. Stranger things have happened. Barbara is in the upside down still.

Think I’ve found an easier way to make spaced coils.

Wrap your coil like normal
Wrap the leg on the jig
Pull the top of the coil

1 Like

i did do some pics to show but you already sorted it but someone else may have the same question so here they are.

I did a few too many turns

1 Like

I need some nice needle nose pliers or finger tape, wire keeps slipping from my fingers

Yeah that’s how the guy did it in the video link, ive got to try myself. Then do the press thing in theory.

Looking good.

1 Like

I didnt watch the video yet lol ill watch now

Sounds easier than a double wrap - i tend to do things the hard way but it has been forever since I did a spaced coil. I probably need to stop over complicating things lol

1 Like

The way you said was very easy to do but i had difficulty untangling them, that said, they would be easy to fix if i had some needle nose pliers! lol

1 Like

Yeah, I have not done it that way either, so now I have 3 methods, got to try yours and the pull apart tomorrow.

I use your way to wrap parallels. Do a tight contact coil then wrap a coil in between. Etc.

But tomorrow I might try a parallel spaced coil using a combo of these methods. It should work in theory, ha.

Sorry I did not see this sooner. I went to making spaced coils a long time ago and the way you finally did it is exactly how I learned to do it.

Wrap your coil as normal then stretch it out and then push it back together tight against the jig. You should be left with a pretty much perfect spaced coil.

2 Likes

If my vid would have loaded that is one of the ways I show. also, you could wrap it already spaced then push them together. Both way work

1 Like

Post your channel here and ill sub :smile:

1 Like

Ooooh. Don’t steal my thunder!

I’ve thought for many months of making a macrame coil using a simple square knot. It’s very doable with a pliable wire, I just haven’t gotten to it. The goal wold be to look like this -

Lot’s of little spaces for juice to well up! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@SthrnMixer oooohhhh ya that would be bad a$$!!! especially if you claptoned the wire first

1 Like

Hahah I tried this exact knot 3 days ago with ti and I totally screwed it - you have to alternate which side goes over and which goes under and I forgot where I was up to - I will try it again when there are no distractions. I also tried it with ss which was not nearly as easy.

Ti is the top one

3 Likes