Coil Building show offs!

dude, that is so damn close. I think you got enough to see what it would look like coiled. nice job by the way. I wonder how much wire you have gone through. One of the reasons I couldn’t attempt such a thing is that I am a horrible cheapskate, and would have a nervous fit to waste so much. LOL

2 Likes

nice work @Pro_Vapes I think you could fit another claptoned helix in there :grinning:

1 Like

my first succsessful ( I could not figure out how to spell that darn word, so I went to http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ to get it. ) Anywho, my first alien I wasted an awful lot of wire trying to get this right and the only reason I did was because every builder should know how to do a proper alien, or at least that is what my pride is telling me, which has been known to lie to me

12 Likes

Well done, they are a tough little monster to master what material looks SS what gauges? It’s my favourite wire to make, have not mastered but am good. When my wire parcel arrives then I’ll get to it.

@woftam I nice job mate you made fair progress from early on.

@Dan_the_Man I disagree. Not everyone needs to know how to build an Alien Clapton. Ive been building for almost 2 years now and I have never even attempted to make one. People swear by them but I am personally not a fan. For my vapes I like my wattage between 45 and 70 watts. For a standard 5 wrap alien made from kanthal (Ive bought couple in my day) it takes at least 85 to 100 watts to get the vape I enjoy. I do not do TC or build with anything other than kanthal so these coils were never for me. But, to each their own.

1 Like

@Henry4 what’s your favourite coil/build?

@Volition I love Helix wire. I mainly use 26/30g 5 wraps spaced comes in around .2ohms and 28/32g 7 to 8 wraps tight comes in around .4 - .5ohms. and I run them between 60 and 70watts.

1 Like

Man I suck at helix wires. The twist obviously easy I just can’t seem to lay down in the groove, obviously not enough soul. Practice, practice. I love a good twist wire I think they Hold a fair amount of juice, not quite as much as a fused Clapton but I wouldn’t think far off. I’ll get back to you once I get this helix going so I can bloody try one. Look forward to trying one.

Practice practice practice Sir. I love me a good twisted wire as well. But Helix is by far my favorite.

What gauges is your alien? Thanks.

3 x 26gkanthal cores wrapped with 36g nichrome60. now that I can wrap one up I will move on to 38 and 40g kanthal and nichrome

1 Like

Nothing earth shattering but after my screaming and cussing trying to make clapton coils I was pleased with this Ti build. 22ga, 7 wraps, 0.16 ohms.

10 Likes

corrugated helix lets see… .4 ribbon 26g core 38gwrap helixed with 42g claptoned helix; 32g core wrapped with 42g

How weird, How is there another exact post down a little way?

17 Likes

Hell yeah @Dan_the_Man

1 Like

That is very very good dude i have trouble seeing 40 let alone working so neatly with 42 damn dude that is some awesome work well done.

@SthrnMixer

I finally got a good run and it turned out pretty nice I think (I alternated the overs)

A couple of hiccups but for the most part good.

I may try it again with a couple of micro claptons in the center (work up to using all claptons) will coil this up in the morning and see how it goes

14 Likes

That’s amazing mate, nice work :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Also very amazing man :wink: love that :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I agree with your disagreement. I was using a bit of sarcasm, which I guess did not come across so well with the written word. But I was getting quite annoyed with myself and was going to learn it if I wasted a mile of wire. That is my pride speaking again.
Anywho, I agree

4 Likes

AWESSOME BRO!!! can’t wait to see it coiled. I hope you go slow with the pulsing and bring out some colors. Be sure to take pics.

2 Likes

That is really awesome man. I want to know how it vapes!
:+1:

3 Likes