Coil Building show offs!

That is looking good and I agree with @SthrnMixer about knowing how it vapes

1 Like

The only word I can come up with is unbelievable :+1:

3 Likes

That’s just wicked! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@SthrnMixer & @wvsanta

Vape is nice, clouds are good and flavor is great. I think this coil will be pretty good with a couple of claptons in it it holds a fair bit of juice in the actual coil but always could be more lol.

I pulsed slowly but took it a little far before I took the picture :grinning:

13 Likes

Dude, that is just a effing insane build.

Is the Pharaoh the only thing it will fit in?

1 Like

Only thing I had that I could get it into I am sure it will fit in others but it is on the big side :grinning:

2 Likes

That’s one pro with the Pharoah, massive coil builds, it will take about anything you throw at it.

2 Likes

@TheTinMan1 You should check out the DIY clapton jig Ive made. It works mircales for making claptons and the cost is like 5 bucks

2 Likes

I have. Looks good. My issue is pride, I want to make it by hand. Just a drill, piece of wire and a wrap. Sometimes it looks good and then something goes bad.

I have everything at work to make something very similar. Just don’t want to make it, lol.

2 Likes

I’m with you @TheTinMan1 I started looking at jigs, I really liked yours @Henry4 I asked you for details. could you when you get a chance post some details on your jig. How it goes together. Then about 5 minutes after that post, I made the decision to stick to doing it by hand. This is nothing against jigs at all.

For me building wires/coils is a meditative and immersive process. It’s the doing and the tactile nature of bending, stretching & coercing the wire to your will. Or for my case totally losing a wrestling match with a ant But yet is so small you can’t even tell whether it has 6 or 8 and maybe even a spider and that’s at 34 gauge I’ve got 38 gauge coming so he’ll knows what that’ll be like in regards to seeing it. But that’s it, that’s the challenge that’s the reward.

Mind you I can also see the reward of making your own jig, rather than buying a jig. Hence why I’d like to see @Henry4 jig in finer detail to appreciate his solution. And if a wire gets too small and I just can’t do it perhaps.

Anyways totally inspired by the recent builds posted thanks guys. And can’t wait to get building again. Come on USPS!

Can I ask @Dan_the_Man is the corrugated part bought like that? Is it ribbon or round? What’s the go on corrugated wire? Thanks.

Thinking he used a paper crimper

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Paper-Quilling-Crimper-Machine-Crimping-Tool-Quilling-Creation-Craft-DIY-Paper-/322268437111?hash=item4b08b21a77:g:rWIAAOSwmfhX4gbs

1 Like

Is that true? If so I’ll just run in through the transmission in my Rc buggy. Take no time.

5 Likes

yes that is what I used. Not that exact one but yes. or you could run it through your rc buggy :grin:

2 Likes

where is the jig you made?

@Henry4 posted it here

And look he added details after I looked at it. Thanks Big Henry

1 Like

that was a great tutorial. I need to check this guy out. I have seen him on instagram

2 Likes

@TheTinMan1 I started doing claptons by hand myself. Got it down to almost a science but my fingers hated me for it. So to the jig I went. But I get the whole “pride” thing for sure Sir.
@Volition I thought I sent you a PM with all the details for my set up. Was I mistaken?

1 Like

Cant tell. Think that was about something else. You able to update your thread on what the nose part of your jig looks like and how to make it. Make it public, im sure some would like to see. Thanks

1 Like

@Volition Not entirely sure what you mean by “nose part” Sir. The clamp I bought came with plastic grippers on it and all I did was hot glue them into place so they wouldnt move. Heres the link to the thread about my jig.