Coil Building show offs!

The details on the clamping mechanism. Like how to build the bit that does the claptoning e.g. Is there any holes you drilled, how big and where. Yep the glue part. It looks great and am sure people would benefit in basically building one for themselves. Your a man of much knowledge so impart my dear fellow I know I’d appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Put on your thread pleeeaasse.

Well that was a bit harder than just normal wire

30 ss 316L wrapped with 40 ss 316L tied in a square knot.

I used a little vg to lube it which made it a bit easier to tie off but was still hard to get the same tension on each knot but hey I’m happy with it :grinning:

20 Likes

So nice :ok_hand:
What does it ohm out at? Have you used it yet?

2 Likes

@Pugs1970
Haven’t used it yet or coiled it but my calculations say it shoud be around the .5 mark

1 Like

@woftam WOW. PERFECT. I am seriously impressed bro. Can’t wait to see it coiled.
are you on instagram?

2 Likes

Been using the site for a while… but new to the forums. I figured I would post a couple of my Stainless Steel builds and see what you guys think.

This is a Framed Staple coil that I built following Squidoode’s tutorial. It turned out great I think. The only issue I have with these is that you can only run them in single coil mode due to the low resistance. Makes it near perfect for the Pharoah though.

13 Likes

I don’t remember the name of this coil… maybe a Transformer coil or something like that. The flavor off of this thing was great! Not too hard to build either. A couple of simple claptons claptoned with .8mm Nichrome ribbon.

12 Likes

And lastly… my favorite coil is still old faithful. 24g Parallel. Best flavor and vapor production for the amount of work that goes into it. Simple build.

9 Likes

Na mate not on instagram. Not quite perfect :grinning:. But thanks.

1 Like

dude, if that aint perfect, i cant wait to see what is

1 Like

I agree @Dan_the_Man if you look at the builds by the big boys on Instagram they often have flaws. I love it that way, you know it’s done by a human.

There’s a Japanese philosophy wabi-sabi where they embrace imperfections to remind them of yada yada.

Your wire has like 2 or 3 tiny glitches down the whole length @woftam to me it’s perfect. If it were error free it wouldn’t have character and represent the difficulty of the process. Love it, look at the photo of your first attempt. Come a long way, I was thinking you would just Clapton the cores but you went full tilt.

1 Like

@DoubleTap_Vapor those are some nice builds sir!

On the 24g parallel how many wraps?

8 wraps… 3mm ID… dual coil running about .25 ohms.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Out of curiosity, is there a difference in just wrapping single wire 16 wrap coils vs 8 wrap parallel?

2 Likes

Good question. If I am not mistaken… 16 wraps with a single wire would yield a coil with twice the resistance as a parallel coil at eight wraps. So… if you did this build with two 16 wrap singles… they would look the same but ohm out around .5 ohms.

2 Likes

Ah, thanks for the explanation.

2 Likes

Tried my first fishtail today. Should be able to nail the next one. Learnt tons doing the first one. Looks like a juice sucker too.

6 Likes

Comes up a treat coiled up. Only got 1 out of it, so will try in a ammit, once she is free.

10 Likes

@Volition wow that looks great. I never have the patience to sit and braid or do other complicated coils like that.

1 Like