Coil Building show offs!

Nice one mate well done

1 Like

Looks excellent! Nice work sir.

1 Like

Excellent job man. Looks really good

1 Like

I tried something similar but could not get the wire I was knotting tight enough or even enough.

Have a look above @woftam managed it.

He was very clever @woftam and will be too humble to admit it.

He used VG to keep it lubed so knots were easier to manage. Good thinking and something for everyones toolbox going forward.

Instead of using an oil or spray for my swivels when I’m making coil I just put a few drops of VG on them before I start. It seemed like a logical thing to do since all my stuff in one area.

3 Likes

Yes Water or vg will help hold the wires together as well like my ribbon wire I am using to make the Ivy Coil Variation

No this is different, your using surface tension to help with bonding. The way this was used was as a lubricant to help slip knots into place. Same tool different uses.

Right

Kevin

1 Like

Another couple of relaxing hours spent on the wires, perfecting the fused Clapton and staggered Clapton. I’m getting there, the really small wires are very difficult as I can’t even see when it misses a slot. But give ma a couple more shots, each time they get a little nicer.

9 Likes

my first 44g staple. so specs are 6 x .4 ribbon framed with 26g kanthal and wrapped with 44g kanthal ohms out at .16

15 Likes

Great job Dan!

1 Like

Thank you. They will be better in the future. I just couldn’t believe how difficult it was to wrap 44g.I think what I will do is get proficient with 42g and then move up or go to 50g then back to 44g and it will seem like 38g. (that is the theory anyway) :grinning:

5 Likes

hahahaa…I would need a NASA sized telescope to see 44g

3 Likes

Where do u guys get your +40 gauge wires from out of interest, ss316l preferably. Thanks.

I have never seen ss in that gauge. I have only saw nichrome up to 50g. you can get it here
http://www.kidneypuncher.com/nichrome-80/?sort=featured

1 Like

awesome job dude :wink:

2 Likes

Advanced Vape Supply goes up to 40g in 316L SS.

2 Likes

I use these click on the pic and it will take you to ebay. Anywho, I NEED these, can’t do it without them

3 Likes

Lightning Vapes does also have 40 awg in SS 316L up to 1000 feet spools which beats Advanced Vape Supply by much since they only provide 100 feet spools at least what i have seen.

1 Like