Congratulations to ELR's TOP Mixers!

Join us and I will wake the kids and make them lead us in another singing of Kumbaya.We will use the pitchforks to hold the s’mores over our torches!:grinning:
We question the unknown , and we try and have a little fun while doing it.
Please don’t take us too seriously and visit us more often!:kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Love ribs , I too use the 3-2-1- method.My BIL had the best ribs ever on the past July 4th holiday.He had some ground cloves he used in his rub.I must admit it was very tasty , I don’t know why I had never tried that before.

Earlier I said “I don’t have anything nice to say.” Let me say that was not to make you or anyone else feel bad. I just don’t get what the purpose of The Fake ELR even is. If you were to have your own site that you build from the ground up I would think cool, someone else expanding the DIY community. But it just seems the “work” that you’re doing was already done…here. It just seems weird. Maybe explain what you’re doing and why so those of us who don’t know can understand.

11 Likes

Recognition is always good. How was it determined who was the “top?” Vs not?

4 Likes

You make this comment and then in your next post say that you are sorry we don’t trust you. Why not just say I’m working with { insert names you are working with here} instead of sounding like you are trying to hide something?

I guess after being burned numerous times in my life you have to ear my trust. I have come to trust the community as a whole here and many individual members as brothers and sisters. It didn’t happen with one post from anyone.

5 Likes

To expound on what @SthrnMixer has already said, which I agree with, had you come here and become a part of the community, then told us yourself what you were doing, it may have been received a little bit better. Instead, your site was discovered “through the grapevine” as it were. It looks (even if it isn’t the case) very much like you’re just hot-linking to ELR and other people’s work, then charging a subscription to view any of your ‘original’ content.

Now, the concept of gathering information is great and I think your intention was to do that. I don’t think you were meaning for it to come across the way it did. Like I said, had you been the one to come to us and say “Hey guys, check out what I’m doing. What do you think?” your motives likely wouldn’t have been questioned. You say we should trust you, but we barely know you. You’ve made a total of 8 posts here (where many of the ELR members you claim to be working with and you feature hang out) and none of them really tell us anything about who you are.

Now, you can be frustrated that you’ve gotten criticism, but realize that it’s going to happen any time you create something and put it out there for the public to view. You can’t please all the people all the time. Not everyone thinks that ELR is the cat’s meow (gasp I know, right? silly people…) and they don’t have a problem coming here or in chat or over on reddit or other places and saying so. It’s par for the course. Heck, go check any of the top recipe comments and you’ll see what I mean. If you’re proud of what you’ve done, stand up for it. That being said, telling the people who criticize (or ‘critique’) your work that it’s them and not you isn’t going to win you any brownie points or help you grow in your field.

If you’d hung out here at all you’d know that I’m a pretty nice and welcoming person. Or I try to be. I’m sure there are plenty of people around here that can’t stand me and that’s life. I do my best to be kind (and fair when it comes to moderating) to everyone. I’d love for you to become a part of this community. Get to know the people and let people get to know you. Listen to what they have to say cuz there’s some pretty fantastic, wise, and incredible folks here. And tell us what you think about things. I’m sure you’ve got some great insights to add as well.

All this being said, welcome to ELR! I’m sorry that your intro here was like this, but know you are welcome here. We’re a family and, on the whole, we protect our own. The raised hackles and ruffled feathers probably made that pretty obvious. Pull up a chair, introduce yourself, and see if you’d like to be adopted, too. :wink:

16 Likes

I concur Dr.@jojo

1 Like

Firstly the site was created in june as a place for my recipes like HIC has set up. It started to evolve based on needs.

The site is two parts a FOREVER FREE AREA that will never switch. it is just there to help and a members area for advanced diy and premium private recipes from mixers that don’t want to make them public on elr. The membership allows for us (as of now @amy2, @kopel aka hocus, clayton moneymaker, myself, jenn harman, and one more that I am not going ready to announce till we are ready.) We are going to make member only recipes that aren’t strawberry cheesecakes. Its our choice we feel to get value for substituting our time that goes to our regular jobs for this. The more time I work on site the better it is but there comes a point where if it doesn’t collect revenue, I would have to focus on Nightclub clients for Digital Marketing. The membership allows the possibility to grow it into a full time focus not just for me but the entire team.

Free:
Recipebooks - a featured selection that the mixer picks of their best recipes, like a portfolio.
There are 3 live ones now with over 30 free recipes that you may not have ever seen or mixed but they are killer.
Kopel, Ckemist, and Harman Designs are live and free forevah

Free Help Mega Resource Page

A collection of all those links like the DIY link mega paste (which I felt was a disservice to a new mixer, just to drop 100 links with no real direction) so I created this more real comprehensive list.

Free Videos NEW TO MIXING with DIYorDIE and New Amsterdam Vape beginner videos (both gave permission)

An amazon affiliate shop (this is free but can profit me a 4-6% affiliate profit if someone buys any of these items on Amazon)

I created this because there are no DIY categories on Amazon. I had the tools already so it was a matter of categorizing the valuable items that I see as useful for DIY that aren’t the normal things. Like a nail polish shelf for holding juices.

Mix Kit
Our Teams Flavor Stash

Basically a new flavors or things we are all mixing with for upcoming free or member recipes

Free Group Chat
Discord Group for group chat etc.

Fake ELR page - Not a main part of site mearly a helpful resource.
Not a traffic trick to get people to site nothing like that. I had a hard time getting info from homepage of ELR so I build this for me, then figured others would like it. But if they don’t this is literally something I would turn off instantly if I kept getting gruff about it and it would go back to being my resource only. It’s a 2% part of the overall site even if it is your only intro to the site.

Members Only Things - 100% original content produced by us. No piggybacking ever.

Golden Reserve Collection of Recipes - Hand picked originals by our team that we only want members to see
Stone Collection - A collection of base recipes like cream, whiskey, rum, custard, pie crust, cookie, icing, etc.
Member Lab - Christopher Kopel Deeper DIY Articles and writing (others will write here deeper diy too down the road)
Member Flix - Clayton from Steam Room will be doing flavor reviews, pairings, deeper diy, etc Videos
Member Questions - Quora based plugin to allow voting of best answers of member questions answered by ejm adv team.
Members App - an iphone, android, windows, app with all the site features and files, videos, blogs, etc. Full App free to members

Member Ideas - My gf has pinned over 1k recipes for fruits, cocktails, and general vaping pins. It loads 10 random ones each visit to help in recipe creation.

Its forever $5 a month. We have 3 members that have paid. 20 members I have gave out free subscriptions too. Never spent a dollar yet of EJM money. I have spent over 300$ of my money and over 500 of my freelance hours on it. A rate that bars pay $45 an hour for. So I see my “free work” as worth or in place of real work. I will charge a membership fee. I will make money if people want to sign up. That is our right as a team to get value for our work. It is our duty to ensure that the $5 value is always us giving them more than their money’s worth. Also ensuring that there are more free resources out there to help new mixers vs private.

Hope that clarifies the project and team and scope. Thanks

4 Likes

Perfect explanation, and thanks for that. I wish this had come before “springing” it on us the way it was, but regardless I appreciate the explanation. Looks like you’re trying to take things to a different level. That may be wonderful for some who are more obsessed than I. Maybe if the day comes I have more time from work (like hiring 3 people to do what I do now) I will come check you out. Unfortunately I don’t have that kind of time and I’m very happy giving my spare time to ELR. With that…best of luck to you. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

And my feelings last night was just disappointment, to hear from people like @SthrnMixer and @jojo
who were people on my list to reach out to.
And after reading this it made me not want to even ask anymore

I don’t mind criticism. I just find people don’t always treat others the way they wish people would treat them if they were in the other position. to even start building this thing it is massive 20 pro plugins, scaled dedicated hosting, app fees and setup. Took every penny I had just to get hosting scaled for aug after visitors were coming daily in june. I turned the membership part on to test members only pages.

I had 20k visits, 200 users every day avg. and 50% return rate daily. 4k total users visiting in just june alone and the stats have doubled for august. I have been doing all i can to keep the site functioning in all areas while still adding more value daily. I am unable to enjoy forums since i was a child, adhd plus endless comments make it hard for me to learn that way. FB groups are the same questions over and over and over and over.

I found DIYorDIE then reddit. But I spend my time reading not asking questions as the reddit sidebar so nicely says
I just started putting together what I wish I had found when I started,.

Based on sorting ELR by rating. Its not perfect but its all there is. Then by going page to page looking for only 2016. it was all hand done.

Yeah it’s called building a website, sometimes you actually have to do something on you own.

3 Likes

Whatever. I never heard from you and from the looks of it many others didn’t either. If you’re looking for sympathy or an apology, keep looking. You won’t get it from me.

And now I’m done.

5 Likes

Well now you all know what it is and what we are up to.
And you know where we will be at. If you wish to support feel free.

Thanks to all that do support us!
This will likely be my last forum post though based on the weather round here.

Nothing wrong with the weather, it’s just the swells you have to watch out for…

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say weather. I find people to be very welcoming and helpful. I do also see that many take pride in helping others for free. Take pride in giving credit where credit is due. Take pride in raising the vale of secrecy behind how to make a darn good vape.

Like Jojo said, take a seat, participate, help others, and you will be well recieved. Even if you have fallen someone is more than happy to pick you up.

11 Likes

Thaaaaats why your admin :clap:
I literally just jumped out of my seat threw my arms in the air and shouted "HALLELUJAH!"
much to the surprise of my entire household seeing as I am a devout atheist :confused:

well said @JoJo :raised_hands:

all seems a bit cliquey to me, I like ELR because the best people in all of Vapeington are accessible for advice, inspiration and friendly banter, not because they are shut behind closed doors in a ‘members only’ board meeting and governed by an overly defensive moderator (ECF-ish). In my short term at ELR I have learnt one thing, it doesn’t need a spin off, it’s better than fine just as it is.

Just my opinion though :wink: and I’m entitled to that…apparently :grin:

9 Likes

I’d say something… but that darn 1st Amendment is holding me in check… lol

5 Likes

totally unbound of such things :wink::v: lol

1 Like

This will be my last comment.

I’m not sure how long you have been mixing or participating in DIY/forums or how much reading you have done. Again, I would love to see you and the “others who are not mentioned” to participate here…

I won’t go into detail since it’s not my story, but I encourage you to do some reading (1000 posts or so) from the purevapes thread on ECF and the transition over to VU, and so on…then later the creation and explosion of information that daath/Lars and others created here. There were a lot of hurt feelings and so on.

Feelings are so hard. Words are hard. Tie that in with the passion for mixing, getting people of the cigs…well yeah, words are hard. But it’s super easy…continue to demonstrate your passion for the DIY community and people will welcome you and the “others” with welcome arms.

2 Likes