Diketones, Oils, Sugars, GMO – All-in-one page: FA, TPA, FLV, CAP, FW, LB, etc

@Walt_RealFlavors Idle curiosity, but have you been in contact with Duncan Hunter at all? He’s my local rep, and happens to be a vaping enthusiast. Might be a useful person to cultivate.

Just a thought.

2 Likes

It’s Marketing in a White Coat. Whatever crop or foodstuff we have excess of that Annual Growing Season is suddenly what’s “good” …So maybe Economist in a White Coat. Too many Soy Beans America? Ooops now too much Corn? Same thing applies for for shortages. It’s Social Modeling …Market Shaping …there must be surplus Butter this year.

5 Likes

You should get their Cinnamon Custard!

I don’t know why it doesn’t get more attention (and sadly not many recipes can be found), but it is a delicious hidden jewel! I hear their Strawberry Milkshake is another must-have.

1 Like

Ya ain’t wrong. As someone who runs all over his store, including the ammo section…and how often until recently there was a shortage on .22? Yeeeeah, ya ain’t wrong.

2 Likes

whelp, if i need cinnamon and that custardy base in a recipe, i’ll nab it. right now, i’m really trying to stick to needs…set up my baseline rotation. THEN I can start getting fancy.

2 Likes

Information about Furfuryl alcohol added.

This is another example why transparency is in every vaper’s interest. Fortunately we have a fully transparent company like TFA to get these info (we have no idea IF and at what levels Furfuryl alcohol is present in flavorings of other companies). Furfuryl alcohol is used in these TPA flavors.

@Daath’s thread. @Batboy141 says it’s a major risk here. Reddit thread here.

Furfuryl alcohol was added to California’s Proposition 65 list of carcinogens last year Link

3 Likes

Update:

• PUR - Purilum
  • FR - Flavor Revolution
  • CdD – Club der Dampfer

CdD website
-No Diacetyl and Triacetin in any of their 200+ flavors
-No additives and sweeteners such as eg cane sugar, sacharose, disaccharides and simple sugars such as glucose, galactose and fructose are used in their flavors.

3 Likes

Update:

• FM - Another completely D-A-AP free company. Find it above.
3 Likes

French update:

• Aromea - All flavors are DAAP free! (150 flavors & 29 one shot concentrates)
  • Corsica Vap - All flavors are DAAP free! (160 flavors & 108 one shots)
  • Solub Arome - No diacetyl, paraben or ambrox (300+ flavors; no info about A-AP; note that some Solub flavorings contain oils; check forums regarding this issue).

More info in top post.

2 Likes

Update:

• HGD - Hangda
  • GS - Get Sucred
  • LQ - LiQuid

I never talk about prices in this thread, but this might be interesting info for many. A price of any LiQuid (= onepoundliquid) 10ml bottle is £1!!!

More info is in the top post.

1 Like

Update: Capella has finally released lab test results of all their v1 flavors!

You can check higher amounts of ingredients in their flavors here (including Butyric Acid and other). Bad news is that they released only information they had to due to legal reasons and not as an information for their customers. (hiding levels of ingredients below 10.000ppm for example; absolutely no information about Acetoin levels in any of their v1 flavorings). It is a bad practice and not very customer friendly, but still better than dozens of other manufacturers who are hiding all the information (why not releasing the DAAP information in an easy-to-read format for customers like they did for their v2 flavors???)

cap

3 Likes

Cake batter takes the cake I see …

4 Likes

Cake Butter takes the cake for sure. The amount of AP is extraordinary high and more than doubled compared to any other flavor on the market (of the 40+ companies mentioned in the first post). On the other hand, AP in VC1 is very high, but probably lower than expected and levels of AP in other suspected flavors are similar to TFA. Sadly no info about Acetoin.

1 Like

hmmm I vapes 20-30ml per day , my ejuice has 7% Vanilla Custard v1 CAP and 2% sweet cream CAP , some ejuice has butter cream at 1-2%
should I be concern because I vape to 30ml a day ?
but I know I was smoke one pack a day , it is very worse …

1 Like

i would assume they did that bc those who use the v2 care about that info and those who use v1 simply dont care

2 Likes

https://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/diacetyl-graphsmall.jpg

can this image make me not concern ?

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s so very black and white. There are those who don’t care about diketones and there are those who want to avoid them; but there are also lots of vapers who simply want to reduce the risk (avoiding only flavors with high amounts of baddies/goodies).

And there are also those who believe the Right-to-know is something that needs to be supported, especially in vaping, food, chemical, environmental etc industries. I am one of those and i personally respect the company much more if they reveal those info publicly than a company that is trying to hide those info from the customers eyes (as they say for the GMO, label it if you are so proud on your product).

Personally i don’t care about diketones in my juices unless they are truly extraordinary (like Butter tfa or Cake Butter cap) and no info makes you wonder how many baddies/goodies are in that particular flavor. Regarding Capella i was pleasantly surprised with VC1 test results; there are high amounts of AP, but nothing extraordinary (same level as vbic tfa or vc tfa); much lower than expected. I use VC1 a lot since it can’t be replaced, same as vbic tfa and vic lb and i’m glad Capella released at least some information (gained some respect, but still far far away from tfa, flv and other transparent companies who respect their customers and consumers Right-to-know).

2 Likes

These guys appear to be legit, although their tests have a cut off level of 5ppm.https://umbavape.com/pages/precision-crafting-umba

Just bought a bunch of their samples and gave me a code for friends
http://umbavape.refr.cc/austinodonnell

2 Likes

Thank you @threeheavens! I will add their info soon. I wonder how good their coffee is.

1 Like

Update:

• Umba Vape
  • Vape Organics (Pure Organic Vapors)

Find more info in the top post.

2 Likes