Diketones, Oils, Sugars, GMO – All-in-one page: FA, TPA, FLV, CAP, FW, LB, etc

Thx @iVapeDIY. I really appreciate it. I will add an information about Great Lakes Flavour soon.

Thx @netweight. You’re right there. I will delete Kai’s VV in my next update (long time ago i had an idea to include some popular manufacturers of finished eliquids, but you’re right there; it’s just more confusing). Thx for paying attention on this (and let me know if there are other confusing entries; i appreciate it).

4 Likes

Update

Great Lakes Flavour (GLF) added. (thx @iVapeDIY)
Vincent Dans Les Vapes (VDLV) added
CirKus (CKus) added
Vape Wild (VW) added

VaporFi removed
Vape Organics removed
Kai’s Virgin Vapor removed (thx @netweight)

3 Likes

Thanks for this updated info.
One of the vendors i use for flavours had the FA premium custard and FA whipped cream but they dont provide info on the products.
I like to know what im buying!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

MY INTERPRETATION OF MANY STUDIES I HAVE READ OR INTERVIEWS SEEN THIS LAST PERIOD:

MOST USEFUL IS: The July 3 Data Dump from the UK National Statistics showed that over the last 10 years prescription NRT have lost 75% of their sales and 65% of their income (price increase I guess) while during the same period of time vaping rose to 5.5% (?) and smoking declined to 15.5%… lowest ever. Also 1st time vapers (never smoked anything before) total 0.4% of the industry.

Yes Big Pharma is unhappy. But I think the people who have tried their ‘successful’ tool (if you make 5+ attempts to be quit) will disagree and side with the 50+% successful former smokers who did so with Gen 2 & 3 devices.

If the Lost Vape rumor about a pod kit with an evolve chip including RePlay comes to market they will have achieved something the FDA values in a standardized and approved cessation or harm reduction device… a simple one button option that delivers a given quantity of the special ingredient in a consistent manner. RePlay ("basic’) will only be offering the identical taste from pull to pull. Power and ingredients won’t change.

Length of pull time is the single variable left to set and in NYS they choose 5 seconds for medical marijuana. This will likely be closer to the stand we will see available soon on starter devices.

Things like this are what IQOS could not provide with enough harm reduction to get that seal of approval. BT won’t release much more than we have seen with GUSTO until they can go full barrels blazing on something that is finally (like NRT’s) not consider a tobacco product. (WHY? NICOTINE IS NICOTINE… SUE THEM FOR 'UNKNOWN or Small Business MANUFACTURER BIAS DISCRIMINATION REGARDING E-LIQUID).

Don’t take this as gospel, just my understanding of an overly research topic that the UK is leap years ahead in life saving preventative measures. Our Former CDC head honcho should be charged with conspiracy to kill any tobacco related deaths that could have been prevented on her watch if she didn’t care about her japanese Tobacco Stock Portfolio and any impact the effects of vaping growth in the US marketplace might have on their consumers who are offered less (IQOS 83% less harmful via toast not burn)

3 Likes

@Mikser DEL - Delosi website is https://delosilabs.com/. Btw (as a comment) their Acetoin/Acetyl Propionyl levels seems to be super low (if the flavours that you mention are the ones with the highest amounts).

2 Likes

I have proposed some ideas regarding incorporating such information on ELR: How can we assist in keeping flavours up to date (and more DAAP details)?.

3 Likes

Never said it before but… I’m NOT concerned with D.A.AP flavors and use them over stuff with Butyric Acid or alternative choices

The sugar and syrups and and of course oils I avoid.

FA Milk flavor is one those those FA also consider not safe, but it’s the #1 milk flavor according to DIYorDIE folks on their NOTED series.

@NikosD
Delosi I use alot. I like using em only cause I havent found one flavor (yet :wink: ) that had any real off-notes even when used higher.

Have not asked Delosi if they have any e-versions of their testing or ingredients.

But their site lists some info if you read the description of flavors. They seem to be going the route of all natural no additives, la-tee-da-da etc etc. and the site is pretty much all about vape products. :partying_face:

They list them like this:

3 Likes

Some more info regarding LA and DIYFS:

LA (LorAnn)

I managed to acquire 3 MSDS (available here) after asking them through e-mail. Initially I asked for way more but the first reply from their representative was that I can access them on the “wholesaler” section on their site. I finally managed to get the three above (Banana Cream, Cream Cheese Icing, Cheesecake) by telling something between a truth and a lie.

Highlights:

1. They do not endorse using their flavours for e-liquids (info here) since their main industry is as it seems aromatotherapy and food. This means that people should be very cautious when using their material for making e-juice (at least I will be).
  2. They are not willing to disclose such information to retailers (which is logical from a point of view based on the above).
  3. Looking at the documents for 3 popular flavours that are usual suspects for super high DAAP contents it seems that they are not worse than other v1 takes: Banana Cream has no mention of AP or Diacetyl, Cheesecake and Cream Cheese Icing have <1% AP. Not sure about Acetoin because a lot of times this doesn’t show up in MSDS documents, only in measurements.

DIYFS (DIY Flavor Shack)

I didn’t manage to get access to the MSDS documents that I wanted (for RY4 and Vanilla). I didn’t like the fact that even though I insisted they practically by-passed declining by just saying that they are preparing/having ready their DAAP-free V2 versions. :rage:

4 Likes

Thanks mate. It seems they finally changed their website; looking great. Hoping to finally get their flavors somewhere in Europe soon. And thx for some more info about LA and DIYFS

3 Likes

Great idea. Me support. And thx for your kind words.

3 Likes

Very nice summary with links to a lot of MSDS documents: https://www.thevaperstable.com/flavour-safety-data-sheet-database/

4 Likes

Also just found out that WF - Wonder Flavours provide all of their MSDS documents in one place, and on their site: https://diy.wf/SDS/

3 Likes

Great summary on one page. Will include it on the main post since easy to find (i have all these links spread around). Thx @NikosD :+1:

2 Likes

Hey Walt, I was wondering why there’s no DAAP info on the site anymore? Also, most resellers had product photos that showed whether each was in that particular flavor, but those seem to be gone.

Is there anywhere I can get info on DAAP info aside from not added?

I’m not anti DAAP at all, but I do try to find out what I’m using, and also, I just wonder!

Thanks a mil for all you do in the DIY community and for being available to us!

:heart:

5 Likes

Hey there! Great question. After a long time and some tweaks, all flavors are now DAAP free.

5 Likes

That. Is. Incredible. You’re saying I don’t have to open six tabs in my browser to look for an SDS or random forum post to find out what’s in my concentrate and just buy the best?!

You just made my whole life! Haha :joy:

So anything available now is DAAP free? Or is there a period where some distributors still have stuff from before the change?

I just want to know if I can go to a vendor like DIY or ECX and get any RF flavor without worrying about research.

You have no idea how much time you’ve saved me or how happy I am! RF has always been my favorite. I’m a fruit addict, and yours are like biting into the real thing! I guess I get the name, now! :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words :smile:

I don’t know about all the distributors to be honest. Any lot number after AA46/AA47 will not have DAAP. I would assume they are phasing them out pretty quick.

5 Likes

White Chocolate by FlavorWest (FW) has sucralose.

3 Likes

Any new info on Lorann’s aside from the list you gave when you first posted? I apologize if I’m missing it. Still somewhat new to DIY (almost two years haha) and extreeeeeemely new and terrified of forums and making a fool of myself! :joy:

BTW, I visit this post every time I buy flavors and would be absolutely lost without it. Can I PayPal you a beer? Or a couple bottles of concentrate? :wink:

Just would love to show my appreciation for all you’ve done, IMHO, in the name of transparency. I love that I can just get the info without the debate. Most of the time, anyway! Haha.

You’ve put in a lot of work, continue to do so, and I want you to feel appreciated for it! Anything I can ever do for you- please let me know! :pray::heart:

-Terra

4 Likes

Thx mate. i added the info above.

2 Likes