DIY Flavor Shack (DIYFS) Flavor Tasting Notes

@mixologist13 I’m starting to imagine that !!! What does the peanut butter smell like ?

2 Likes

It does smell incredible like a soft buttery cookie as you described. Have been starting work at 5am so struggling to even stay awake right now but will get er mixed and let you know my result. What % did you settle on?

4 Likes

Get outta here and sleep on !!!

I got lazy and just settled for a flat 8% across the board, and only the gooey butter cake seemed like it needed to go higher, maybe 10-11% for that one, the rest (so far are fine @ 8%).

3 Likes

I used a combination of RF and LOR peanut butter flavorings. Too soon to tell but pretty good as a SNV im worried i buried the pretzel even at 5% time will tell…

3 Likes

Copy that.

1 Like

I contacted DIYFS directly and this is what Bryant, the head mixologist of DIYFS sent me in his message:
“to address the question of added food coloring, we ourselves do not add any coloring, natural or artificial, to our e-liquids or flavorings.”

I’m still trying to get some clarification about the “we ourselves”, to see if anyone else in the production process could possibly add coloring to their concentrates.

5 Likes

Vanilla Custard (DIYFS) 8% (5-1-18) – I’m one of the few, who cannot vape CAP VC, something in it just doesn’t agree. About the only VC I can vape is TPA VC, and I get no pepper notes from it like some other people as a disclaimer. @ 8% this was nice, somewhat sweet, creamy and full, and although I did get some of the off note that I get from CAP VC it was more relaxed, so I could actually vape this. I do not get a lot of eggy’ness from it, which is good for my tastes. It had almost a pudding element to it, but lower in the profile. Although it had some elements similar to CAP’s this one is preferable to me. For it’s profile, and with the slight pudding kick, safe to say this rides in high @ 7.0/10. If you are NOT put off by CAP’s VC, you will probably rate it higher.

8 Likes

Donut (DIYFS) 8% (5-1-18) – Donut, how do I love thee ?? Very much. I think it is VERY hard to find a good donut flavor. CAP’s choco glazed it great, but mostly for the chocolate. CAP’s glazed donut is closer, but I do tend to get the play doh from it. The great news, is NO play dough here, BUT the bad news, was at 8%, really didn’t get much donut. Nicely sweet, vanilla, but not much beyond that. WILL re-mix at a higher rate, but as this flavor is quite dark, even at 8% not sure on gunking. Sadly, just not a lot of donut here. 5/10.

6 Likes

Aha, so some do have coloring in them…
"
As my employee has told you we do not add any but we do use other companies in some of our blends that may have artificial or natural food colorings in them.
as far as a list of those flavorings it would take much effort as we have so many blends but if you are interested in some we can let you know if they are colored or clear.
Some of our flavors do have clear in the name which also tells you they do not have a color to them.
Joey G.M.
"
I guess we can know for sure that the (clear) ones are really non-colored.
If you are concerned with food coloring in your vape and you want to try some of DIYFS’s really nice concentrates, you’re better off double-checking by using the “Contact Us” link on their website.

6 Likes

@anon28032772 I don’t know for sure. I think it was RF SC Milk or Creme, but it was dark as hell. The donut is not nearly as dark, and I suspect it’s the compounds they are using. I cannot see intentionally making a donut darker to appeal to anyone, but just my .02.

3 Likes

RF SC condensed milk.
I got that as a gift from VM way back in a swap, and I was gobsmacked when I saw it was jet black.

I was literally saying “WTF? I’ve never seen BLACK MILK.” :flushed:

4 Likes

Let me correct that sentence :slight_smile:
Aha, so they do have some coloring in them…
Aha, so some do have coloring in them…

Just talking about DIYFS, not RF, LorAnn or any other company. We know that some companies put some coloring in their flavors (and some don’t, for none of their flavors, like e.g. Flavorah) for whatever weird reason, but I think that should be mentioned in a thread about those brands.

For me personally, I don’t think it would put me completely off from buying such flavors, although I don’t really like the idea. The least amount of chemicals the better, it’s not like it adds to the quality of the flavor.

4 Likes

shhhh damn it im found out

3 Likes

Count me in on that note. I can’t stand vc cap v1. Kills me for most of the top rated recipies.

2 Likes

I agree, colorings just get inbetween me and my dik’s

:wink:

4 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes “These are NOT the droids you are looking for …”.

5 Likes

+1 Transparency

4 Likes

First impressions of DIYFS Cookie 5% SF test mixed May1 48hour steep.

Color me impressed. A very clean tasting cookie with light , borderline medium, grain texture in body and in exhale. A definate vanilla note up front it is a light sweet vanilla/vanillin type vanilla not dark or floral at all. I also pick up brown sugar sweetness and flavor in the middle/body of the flavor, Like that of a golden light colored brown sugar. Sweetness is reminiscent of RF chocolate chip :cookie: but i get no chocolate note from the DIYFS cookie. Also has that warm fresh baked/soft flavor and room note that RF SC version had/has. Off note? In the body and on the finish after exhale i am definately tasting peanut(s) not necessarily an off note as it is neither dominant or offensive. May steep out need to test again post steep. Testing was done on clean cotton 316L twisted 24G 0.08 ohms between 60-75watts…

9 Likes

Very nice, and much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Let us know how that settles in after a couple weeks (or more). Very curious about the 5% mark!

4 Likes

You nailed it @mixologist13. I steeped all of mine 2 weeks, so I haven’t tested any @ 2 days.

4 Likes