Don't know how all you do it?

Ramble on man. I am sitting here testing my liquids and taking notes on how well they are coming along. I like to think of a failure as gaining experience. It takes failure to become good at anything. So I have already gained some experience :wink:

2 Likes

My main problem I had when I started was my %s being too high. Not crazy high where I was getting a chemical/perfume taste but they were high and I didn’t have that obvious red flag that told me that was the reason. Granted I started out on 1.6/1.8 attys where I needed to be mixing a little higher than I would sub Ohm, I just didn’t have my balance yet.
It was hard to do but I stopped going with my gut. If I wanted to add 10% of this with 6% of that, I would force myself to go 6/3%. That’s when I really started to realize the whole less is more thing with a lot of flavors.

Then I got my first bottle of an Inw Cactus…

6 Likes

Just my opinion, but I think this ^ is really a great place to start.

As with almost anything in life, you need the fundamentals to have much hope of success with advanced applications. IF you want to build your own recipes (and let me stress there is NOTHING WRONG with only using recipes others have shared) you want to really learn your ingredients.

To put it another way, if you don’t know what a flavoring tastes like all by itself, what makes you think it’ll be good mixed with something else?

2 Likes

I have since adapted that water wine tasting route if and when I ever want to try a new flavor as is. I was a skeptic at first but it immediately gives me an impression of what it is like and it takes about 5 seconds with no waste (outside of 1 drop flavoring) or extra juice to use.

To each their own of course :wink:

1 Like

Can you please elaborate on this? Does it accurately represent the flavor once it steeps if mixed as a single flavor? How much water to you put a drop in?

Thanks!

1 Like

Everyone has their own feel for it and I think in total I may have done this 4 times but I got what I needed to out of it

It isn’t a representation of how they vape as much as a representation on how the flavoring is itself, in strength, flavor or whatever

3 Likes

A shot glass of water to a drop of flavoring works pretty well. If you get some bad flavors, you can then use the shot glass with the alcohol of choice to forget the flavor. :grinning:

7 Likes

This probably wont work for those that like the fruits, sweets, and desserts, but I’m a tobacco flavor mixer.

I had so many test mixes sitting around in 15ml, I was running out of bottles. I sorted all of them into ‘keepers & so-so’s’. I dumped all the so-so’s, and all the left over shop juices from my pre-DIY days, into one 8 oz squirt bottle. I call it my Jungle Juice Jug. Every once in a while, when I’m having a hard time deciding what to try, I’ll fill the tank with my Jungle Juice.

It’s really not that bad! It’s sure not a mix that’s repeatable again. I’d love to see the flavor list that’s in there!

6 Likes

You my friend, are extremely brave.

2 Likes

I’ve done this too and read where other do also. I had a good one going this year and would have loved to recreate the flavor. Just no way to do it. I had nearly 30 ml and ruined it by dumping in about 3 ml of some juice called Lava Ice. Hot cinnamon and menthol. Killed it.

1 Like

I love this. Not bold enough to do it myself, as I’ve gone back to some of my “so-so” flavors and changed my mind, but the concept itself is strangely enticing. Sorta like mixing a suicide (and if the kids aren’t calling them that any more THIS is what I’m referring to)

2 Likes

My son would never leave the restaurant.

1 Like

I have 3 ‘Jungle Juice’ 240ml bottles now.

1 for Nutty vapes and Tobaccos
1 for Fruit flavored
1 for anything with Mint or MEnthol

Now and then, I’ll fill up a little plastic needle nose with one of them and drip it.
It’s interesting and it’s never been horrible. It’s either exceptional or just ok.

3 Likes

Ha ha I do it with the same varieties of fruit say I had 3 or 4 watermelon strawberry like mixes they all go into one giant bottle. I have a large batch ATM and it’s not bad. I call it making a suicide ( like we did as kids with the slurrpe machine :slight_smile:️)

3 Likes

That’s exactly what’s written on the side of my bottle of all these strawberry mixes I have that ended up being thrown in a huge ass bottle, too funny :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great minds think alike :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

This is a great idea. I usually just dump it down the drain but will be trying this from now on.

5 Likes

Hmm I have not tried this Irish Cream BUT I do have 2 of their rhubarb flavor concentrates they’re a lil pricey but their stuff is highly concentrated and smell/taste like the real deal. I believe they are located in Wales.

http://decadentvapours.com/shop/beverages-flavours/irish-coffee/

Looks like it is OOS but you may keep an eye out for it coming back in ?

And oh jimmy lookie here dang http://decadentvapours.com/product-category/connoisseur-range/flavours/tobacco-flavours/

2 Likes

I’m out…

j/k :wink:

2 Likes

Ah come on! You will be impressed with their shiny green disco looking envelope that’s got a big sticker that states Royal Mail …ooohhhh that’s where my $ went lol. No the concentrates are BA !

1 Like