ELR Home   Create recipe   Resource page   My recipes/favorites

Downgrading Schmuck Alert!

Hi Joy, not sure the status on your keyboard replacement but if you need one, please let me send you one if you can’t get it replaced. I have a couple extras at my office.

I knew there was a reason I’ve stuck around on this forum and never bothered with others, that’s so sweet :smile_cat: :keyboard:

:smiley: cat keyboard lol

heh she does need a mew keyboard

HeY!? where were you when I needed tires last week :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Maybe a video instead?

Today, a different “Schmuck” rated one of my recipes one star and no explanation. I think these schmucks just have recipe skill envy and the reason I say this is it is a new user. He has a recipe posted with nearly 30% flavor, he also in one used 5% FA Vanilla Classic, uhh, really? This tells me a bit about his skill set with the flavors used. I’m not saying the guy can’t eventually learn to mix but at the moment, I think he needs to learn how rate and treat others on here if he wants to be part of the best crew to work with here.

I doubt he even mixed my recipe as it was reposted in the last 24hrs so it was on top and thats how he saw it ( I made a couple of adjustments ) so he would not even had time to steep it. I posted it yesterday at 6:52 and by 8:20, he mixed it, he vaped it and he rated it. What an envious “Schmuck” geez, I sure like the grown up group here. People like this sure do make me appreciate all of the professional and respectful group I share with.

Ah, some noobs :unamused: It is not just the rating, I saw a post yesterday where a noob asked a question and demanded an answer ASAP. I like helping people, but the way this was framed… :astonished:
I can’t find the post anymore so maybe it was removed. Uncouthness does not inspire me to help out.

That’s when I automatically hit the MUTE button. :rage: I bet I hold the record for the most topics muted on ELR; I like to keep my blood pressure as low as possible…muting makes the stupidity go away.

I wouldn’t be too sure about that :innocent:

Yeah, I’m beginning to wish we had a “mute user” (ignore) button due to some of the nonsense lately.

Ya, I would have used different words, but it sure pegged my meter.

I believed there are some options for that in preferences. :wink:

…just helping you keep your blood pressure in check. Enjoy! :grin: (sometimes the “water off a ducks back” thing just doesn’t work)

Thank You so much for posting this!
Will see if I can put it to good use!

Nothing quite like a good old analog VU meter!! ;D

A BIG THANK YOU from me as well! I have about reached my limit with Mr. Potato head!

Yup, thanks…I didn’t know that feature was there.
(I’m wondering if we all just added the same user, lol)

Ya, still a few tried and true trusty analogs 'round here in use…
a few in regular use at this desk…

Like that Texas Star. I have a no-name 600 watt linear amp I used to use when I was a trucker. Been sitting in a drawer since 2004 :frowning:

Man, some moaners in here! :smiley:

Apparently it’s just for the notifications you get. I can still see posts. Oh well brother…ignoring completely is just as effective :slight_smile: