Ethyl Alcohol Warning

Does anyone know which chemical compounds/alcohols that is used in flavor concentrates that would be good to include in this “contain alcohol” warning/notice ?

Might as well have a list of useful keywords made from the start before starting going through too many data sheets.

3 Likes

If anyone got or have links to some spreadsheets that have information that would be of interest in this matter, such sheets would be very much appreciated.

Thank you @worm1 for providing me this: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/best-lorann-super-strength-flavors-for-vaping-–-color-coded-spreadsheet.832093/

5 Likes

The enclosed is not a spread sheet but a lists of flavors that based on their flashpoint (alcohol content?) may give vapers some information on Wizard Labs restrictions regarding their offered flavors.
re: https://wizardlabs.us/shipping-information
https://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=11
Might want to check with other blenders for their lists.

5 Likes

List of TFA flavors that contain Ethyl Alcohol is here

5 Likes

Thanks you very much, Yes i also found that page which is very useful, specially as soon as i got a full list of different alcohol compounds which should be included, for now i have found benzyl alcohol, ethyl alcohol and furfuryl alcohol being used in TPAs, just not sure if all these should be included, but have found the CAS number for these compounds so i can search by those and list that way. But very much appreciated.

2 Likes

Glad to be of help. Also, in case you will be checking other manufacturers, you can find links to their SDS and other reports here (there’s also some info about Furfuryl Alcohol at the bottom of the main post).

2 Likes

What exactly do you experience when vaping it?
Looking at that TPA list, I seem to remember that those flavors are a bit harsh on the throat to me, less so after a good long steep. Not sure if it’s exactly that what you experience or if it’s even due to ethyl alcohol or some other ingredient.

1 Like
5 Likes

Then we have the crazy bastards like myself that actually like ethyl alcohol and add more. Hit that PGA button and have fun.
:wink:

4 Likes

If the alcohol isnt evaporated i get a harsh taste and even a throat burn on those that contain hight percentage alcohol.

2 Likes

Hi @Walt_RealFlavors is it possible that Real Flavors would be able/willing to provide a list of RF flavors containing alcohol?

Also, maybe you can help me when it comes to which alcohol compounds that we should be looking for to include in this warning/notice?

Any of the above would be highly appreciated.

2 Likes

That’ll teach them to shake & vape, instead of steeping the proper way. Besides, even without alcohol in the concentrate s & v is a crappy way of introducing someone to DIY.
In My Humble Opinion of course.

3 Likes

Which you are entitled to have, but for everyone experienced as well as newcomers a notice could be very useful. I see reasons for why to have such notice on flavors that contain alcohol, i am yet to see anyone answer my first question and give a reason for why we do not have or need such notice.

3 Likes

Maybe because nobody thinks it’s that big of a deal.
So, you’ve voiced your concerns and some people have responded. Now you’re just repeating yourself and frankly, it’s getting old. Why not just give it a rest.

2 Likes

If it isnt an issue for you and you feel as if it is getting old, then why dont you just avoid this topic or at least provide some useful info instead of “I think there’s only trace amounts to begin with. Hardly enough to to be a concern” because i personally dont think 20%, 30% heck even 50% ethyl alcohol is considered “only a trace amount”.

A notice on this will not affect you in a bad way, but it can be helpful for others.

So why dont you give it a rest and leave this to those who would be interested in such info and even collect the data which can be shared to the community.

Your remark is not appreciated!

3 Likes

I cant put my finger on it but from memory Walt said that the rf rc line contained about 3% alcohol by volume. I would look to the flavours that Nic river has on the no fly list and a good start point.

@Walt_RealFlavors please correct me if I am wrong I am old and forget pants sometimes

4 Likes

I know that when i looked into the sweet cream, the spec sheet said less than 15% which could very well be 3%, but Worm looked at his bottle which was stating 3% (might have been less than too). From the few data sheets i looked at back then the amount there was variating a lot, and i actually think i even ran into one SC without, not sure at the moment though. Waiting going through the Real Flavors for now hoping we might be lucky that Walt can help us out :slight_smile:

Not sure i added nic river no flight list page to favroites yet, but will search for it and add it, thanks…

3 Likes

Ya know I was ready to just leave this foolishness alone, but now you have my interest with this outrageous claim. Show me specific brand names, flavors and MDS sheets for these concentrates containing 20-30-40-50% alcohol as a base.
I assume they are popular manufacturers and not some back alley sheisters.

2 Likes

Well you have to put things in perspective a bit as well.
Take for example someone who mixes a recipe with 8% Peach Juicy. That’s up to 25% ethyl alcohol in it, meaning 2% of this mix is ethyl alcohol.
Let’s say an average person takes 5 puffs from a drop of liquid, about 0.3ml… I’d say after 2 or 3 puffs you know it’s too harsh and unpleasant to vape. So that’s after having vaped about 0.006ml ethyl alcohol…

A not so very scientific opinion, and correct me if I’m wrong, but i bet that’s not really going to be a high enough concentration to be really dangerous and that’s why people don’t really see the point of big warning signs.
People are also sensitive to PG and they use it in much higher concentrations, I haven’t see any big warnings either.

I do however see a bigger reason why a little warning for alcohol would be more appropriate for those who choose not to consume it in any way or form (e.g. religious or other reasons).

5 Likes

Not sure why it would be considered foolishness. He is compiling a list of flavors that contain alcohol so u can be aware that it exists and can take steps to avoid or allowing it to breath in a snv mix if so desired. He merely asked for any that u are aware of and all the help that was mentioned here has been a great help, thks to all that did.

7 Likes