Export / Backup of recipes

After yesterday’s downtime, any chance of pushing an export or backup option up the queue?

Something very basic like creating a single text file of a user’s recipes in simple text format would be enough to offer some security.

1 Like

I promise I’ll have a go at it soon! :smile:

Downtimes or not, you can all rest assured that your data will be safe though!

5 Likes

That’s good to hear, Lars.

It’s a right pita having to ensure we’ve got multiple backups on different systems to be certain that should one fail, we’ll still have access to the others.

We’re an impatient bunch and the prospect of not being able to check our recipes (let alone everyone else’s) for 48 hours while you rebuilt the server files elsewhere is scary for some.

Just a simple text export will calm their fears…

2 Likes

This is why I also keep a spreadsheet on my hard drive, backup drive, and google drive with all my recipes. Not paranoid or anything… :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I am not a very digital type person
I just print mine out and put in a 3 ring binder for safe keeping hard copies don’t go away

@JoJo your method sounds safe as well hard to believe 3 or more electronic copies could all disappear at the same time.

3 Likes

Unless the power is out for some reason (we’ve had one in the spring) in that case a print out is very handy :grinning:

3 Likes

I don’t keep my computer in the location I mix at so I only use my print versions when I mix. If I want to mix at larger quantities I just do the math and mix. I tell everyone I am a analog guy living in a digital world LOL

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about printing out my recipes for a while now, but so far always put it off. I’ve just gotten my lazy ass together and got the job done :grinning:

2 Likes

A physical printout would obviously be the most secure form of storage but I’m always tinkering with recipes and hardly ever mix exactly the same one twice.
Plus I’m about to reduce my nicotine level down a notch which would mean reprinting all my recipes.

And I’ve got several hundred… :smile:

(Most of them are in a Windows app (and backed up to several clouds) but I won’t commit the time to entering them into a ‘closed system’ (or silo) from which they can’t be exported.)

2 Likes

I am sure my method is not for everyone. I make notes on the printed copies until I finalize what I am doing then use the site to print the new edited version.

I put side notes on the printed copies with all the nic, vg, pg amounts for the different nic levels I make.

Just works for me.

1 Like

Baring a fire and the creek don’t rise. It works.

1 Like

Could you do that for all of us @JoJo lol😁

2 Likes

I’m good with organization, but I’m not that good! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I see the reasoning for this. And I too think it would be a good idea. I have most of my recipes backed up on my PC and my Android. But a simple one-click button to download a text file, or better yet a PDF with each recipe on it’s own page would be really slick.

We have 479 recipes ready coded and already published.
Plus another couple of hundred since the last book was finalised.
And adding a handful more every day.

Ok, there is a rudimentary CSV-export now - there are two types - one recipe per line, and one where it’s more spread out :stuck_out_tongue: Find it under your recipe list!

5 Likes

Wow, that was a stunningly fast reaction!

Thank you very much for bumping it to the top of your list - I really appreciate it.

I’m off for a play now…

2 Likes