Simple Suggestion for the site

It would be cool to be able to have a place on our profile page for our twitter accounts. Maybe under our website option. Thanks daath!

Yes, we might as well. Iā€™ve added some extra fields to my todo-list :smile:

EDIT: Did you mean on ELR, or on the forum? I can do either I think, but ELR and the forum wonā€™t be integrated tighter, so for now, no showing fields from one site on the otherā€¦

1 Like

Hmm, on both would be great but on the forums is what i was thinking. With a button on firefox i can already share my recipes on twitter should i choose.

There should be instagram, twitter and facebook page URLs on your user preferences on the forum now :smile:

3 Likes

I think I mentioned this in the DiY subreddit - but a feature that will let you back up/export your recipes would be really nice. Portability of your data is important for people.

Export in various formats is planned - no timeline on that though - there are more pressing matters :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for adding the social media links daath!

1 Like

I just had a thought, (oh no, there he goes again). Consider this, there are a whole lot of people on the website that only use it to make their recipes. Right now there are topics we are discussing that are extremely important to the vaping community that these people are not aware of and if they knew, wished they did know about. Iā€™m speaking the Pinned Items. What if you displayed the pinned subjects (as links) on the recipe page. Nothing big but enough for people to notice. This may draw more people to the forum area and inform them of things they really should be aware of. If you can find a little room for that I feel it might be a plus for allā€¦

3 Likes

If I stumble on a way to do that, Iā€™ll consider it. For now, though, integration between ELR proper and the forum is minimalā€¦

2 Likes

could we copy and paste a link as a recipe?

That is on my own wish-list - but to do that, I need to code a custom ā€œoneboxā€ for the forum softwareā€¦ Unfortunately I donā€™t forsee that happening in the nearest future :frowning: It would be awesome though. In theory, you could paste a link, and instantly get a very prettily formatted recipe, possibly even edit a few fields, like nic strength etc :smile:

So, can you make this go away forever? I like a lot of comments people make and really donā€™t want to get into the +1 thing or :heart: ten times for agreeing with comments I like. Pretty please, with sugar on top, stop the bot from telling me I canā€™t like something! Thx in advance.

Not sure if I made it go away, but I raised it (for regulars) from 100 to 150 likes, I think :smile: There are a lot of semi-confusing settings in Discourse - itā€™s fairly advanced! :smiley:

The likes are actually used for promoting peopleā€™s trust level. This, along with a few other things, are how people become ā€œregularsā€ā€¦

2 Likes
2 Likes

MOAR! :smile:

• How bout some stats on the flavor stash page? Total amount of flavors, per vendor etc?
  • Can you move the favorite (heart) button and the ratings stars in recipes a bit further from each other? Itā€™s easy to rate something 1* when youā€™re trying to favorite it on a tablet or phone. And itā€™s not possible to cancel your vote after youā€™ve (accidentally) given it, is it? This has led me to give some arbitrary 3-4* rating to juices Iā€™ve never tried.
  • Thanks for a thoroughly awesome site!
1 Like

Iā€™ve written it down. Thanks :smile:

1 Like

@daath is there a way to delete flavors from your personal stash ? I tried searching here b4 bugging you about this. I have a lot of flavors that I am not interested in using anymore that are listed on my stash so was wondering about editing it ?

@Amy2 you can delete them by going to your ā€œMy flavor stashā€ page. One the left side of each flavor is a delete icon.

2 Likes

Awesome Shaner ! I was viewing my stash from another place I guess because I didnā€™t see the garbage can delete icon Right Next to the flavor OMG I am a dumbie thank you :smiley:

LOL ā€¦ Youā€™re welcome. :smile:

1 Like