Favorite Large Tank with Stock Coils and Mod Combo

The Big Baby Beast… I have two of them, absolutely no problems at all. It’s this TFV12.

Wow! Bravo for NorthWest! They were pretty high on my list but they just went up. Way up! If you get a chance to watch it, DJlsb just did a review on the Speeder combo that sounded pretty good. I was thinking of your quest when I saw it. Not sure it’s exactly what you are looking for but maybe worth a look.

I will absolutely look at it!

What I think is going on with SMOK is pretty simple - they have grown in popularity. I think in the case of that tank they probably had a production issue on their hands with those coils and had to very quickly crank out parts and components to keep up with the demand. It’s a very cool looking tank and the concept with the higher wattage and holding all that liquid was a very good one, they just are not executing the delivery of this product with a high enough level of quality control.

Its too bad, it’s a cool tank. I was all excited about it. Now I have to wait again… meh.

1 Like

I’m beginning to wonder about Smok all around. I’ve encountered too many complaints. They’re putting out a new mod every other day. An exaggeration but you get my drift. I have to be honest. There are a lot of mods out there in the 40 to 50 buck range that are very tempting but I have been buying less frequently and staying to Lost Vape, Yihi, and Vaperesso. All three of those have proven to be very well made per my personal experience.

1 Like

I hear you loud and clear.

The one company I’ve never had any problem with coils with is with Aspire. They’ve always fired great, tasted good, never had any yuck off those things at all. The Cleito’s started leaking so that’s why I went over to the Baby Beasts.

I am obviously back on my quest!

1 Like

Sorry I got a little intense there… I couldn’t believe what I was seeing/smelling with those coils.

These companies know better than to let stuff like this get into the market, it’s frustrating. I have to start alll over again now lol

I really wish that were the case. These companies have been shipping total shit product for years and it seems to me that it is getting worse. There are serious problems with QC with most of the large manufacturers. If they were really concerned they would stop putting ridiculous ratings on batteries and claiming that a dual 18650 mod will safely output 200+ watts. Most of these companies are only about profit.

1 Like

There is a ton of that in this industry all around. Mods, tanks, batteries, you name it. I’ve seen completely fabricated specs. I seen unqualified specs. There are a lot of shiny apples out there that taste like shit.

2 Likes

@Maureeenie you could try the cigpet coils that fit the tfv12 they are cheaper and I have not had any complaints from customers about the quality.

I saw those and I thought about doing that …but I read a lot of reviews about those and a few of the reviews said the cigpet were about the same, maybe not quite as good.

Now that being said, if they were just a little under the quality of the SMOK coils I had, it was a lose/lose deal for me… I felt I was going to be in trouble with those too based on my experience and I knew I would never get the money back for the coils I already bought if I would have broken up the return order.

I was facing the total loss of an 80 Dollar investment this morning and the bottom line for me was if I didn’t report the defect to the seller within a day of having one tank and coils being oily, I was going to lose the whole thing. VapeNW was cool about it because I’ve never returned anything to them before and they really couldn’t argue the other tank I hadn’t opened probably came in the same bad batch they got from SMOK. The coils for those are $3.33 each and I tested two of them, both just as gross as can be.

I kind of just had to bite the bullet and start over.

1 Like

We wen’t through some serious shit 5-6 years ago with those coils in those old Kangers. Every third coil in a pack didn’t work. The coils got better with the sub ohm tanks (as long as they were the original manufacturer coils but those were expensive) but there were also cloners out there pumping a lot of crap on ebay.

All this news and regulation stuff has these manufacturers sweating and I honestly think they are all just trying to get that quick buck while they can. I’m probably going back to Cleito, not sure which tank yet but I know the Aspire coils for Cleito are clean and reliable. There were times I didn’t get more than a week out of them but I don’t think I ever had one fail.

The only stock coils I ever vape now are the original Cleito SS316L. I use them on a Cool Fire IV TC100 at 430f-450f. They still provide good flavor and vapor for a stock coil and I have only had 1-2 bad ones out of maybe 50 total.

Not to further whine today, but what the heck…(I’m on a roll) I had 3 Cleito tanks sitting in a drawer and a “friend” of mine quit smoking for the second time and wanted to see if I had old stuff I wasn’t using so I gave two of them to her and a couple of mods. Seriously burns me to know I could have just reached into a drawer and reloaded those Cleito’s with liquid… and of course she’s smoking again…

I had given her a bunch of stuff two years ago and that stuff disappeared so… I’m a crabby old lady today.

1 Like

I wish I could tolerate the process of just using my own builds in the tanks because I have good tanks for it. I have a Boreas and a Melo. I really tried for a few months to make that work for me but it’s such a hassle. My husband wants to travel constantly in the summer and dragging all that stuff around and re-wicking in the camper or in the truck going down the road was just too much.

Do the SS taste better to you? Why am I thinking I didn’t like the taste of the SS coils? Hmmmm…

I was always afraid of going TC because then everything you have has to be TC and I seem to remember last year a lot of that stuff being out of stock.

I think my real problem is… I’m an idiot.

I vape SS316L and 304 exclusively. In my opinion nothing vapes cleaner than Stainless Steel. The great thing about it is that you can vape it in wattage mode as well. I have a natural feel for the art of wicking. I guess all the practice that I have had paid off as I almost always nail the wicking with new tanks on the first try. I can rewick any of my tanks in a couple minutes now. For me I just dont get the same quality vape with stock coils that I do with RTA’s.

1 Like

I will give that some thought… perhaps I haven’t given SS a proper chance.

I run two tanks and two mods just in case (with two different flavors of vape of course) The Releaux mod can handle anything I throw at it. (so far) The 213 has issues with various coils.

It’s probably time for this old bat to buy another mod but…God, the money.

Money, money, money.

1 Like

dont give away the good stuff lol, my girlfriends brother is the same way , quits smoking then vapes but wants our old stuff , finally i told him ill make your juice but wont give you anything until you quit for at least 6 months , i love to give and help and try to get people to quit smoking but after a few times and some great stuff given away and they go back to the stinkies i get fed up

1 Like

That is a real problem. A lot of manufacturers don’t give you any idea what the coils are made out of. Far more people vape in power mode than TC so there is no real impetus for manufacturers to pump out coils that can be used with TC. I personally prefer stainless and TC but I also haven’t used a pre-made coil for a long time. And if you don’t like the taste from SS, don’t use it. This is about enjoyment. Do what you like!!!

1 Like

She’s one of those people who doesn’t budget money for her bills and manipulates people, She actually earns a good hourly rate she’s just irresponsible.

1 Like

I go for the most idiot proof, easy peasy, cloudy satisfying vape humanly possible. This whole SMOK tank debacle today was just completely irritating.

2 Likes