Favorite Large Tank with Stock Coils and Mod Combo

@Maureeenie
not much of a difference but the

V12-T6 are 0.17
V12-T8 are 0.16

Is it the vape hot or the drip tip?

Resins drip tip will cool it down a little (if driptip getting hot) and a longer drip tip may also help cooling the vape.

1 Like

I use stone tips, itā€™s not the tip or mod getting hot, itā€™s the steam. Itā€™s hot steam.

1 Like

Ya it can give you a fairly warm vape are you in tc or wattage? if you are in tc you could dial it back a little

Wattageā€¦ I think these are all Kanthal, right? Can you even run them in TC mode?

I did buy new batteries, I got Samsung 3000mah 20ā€™s and Iā€™m going to put the 3rd battery on the releaux to see if I can get that mod performing a little better. This might be bad coils.

The v12-t12 are ss 304 so a tcr of .00105 should be ok for tc from memory

1 Like

OKā€¦ Iā€™m gonna do more research in the AM. I really want this to work. This Segeli (spelling, sorry) canā€™t do TC, itā€™s supposed to but a known issue with this mod soā€¦

1 Like

j/k

2 Likes

With these big coils you really need to give them a solid pr-heat wattage to get them working well. Both of your mods should have pre-heat. I use about 20% more power for 1 second to get the coil up to temp. This should help.

Well, I just figured part of this out and itā€™s not good.

The vapor coming out of it was making me cough.

I was coming back from the store and smelled machine oil on my hands. So I thought to myselfā€¦I washed this thing, it should not smell like this. I smelled the outside of the tank and it was there. (I had washed it thoroughly and even used vodka to make sure I didnā€™t miss any of it)

Last night I was pretty much blaming the coilā€¦ so I thought I better open the box with the other two coils in it and sure enoughā€¦ the coils are heavy with the smell of machine oil which is a very, very bad thing. No one should be inhaling this.

OOOOHHH Hell NOOOO! Thatā€™s so nasty!

To be honest with you I am not a fan of Smok. I think their quality control is shit.

Iā€™m going to let VapeNW deal with Smok.

To be fair, it is always heavily suggested to thoroughly wash new tanks before using them.

Iā€™ve vaped on the Uwell Crown, TFV8 and TFV12, and couldnā€™t really tell a difference in the heat of the vapor when the wattage was adjusted.

What I have found works best (and this is subjective) with the v8 and v12 is to keep the airflow wide open, and inhale fairly hard. Hell, hit it as hard as you can DTL until you get used to it. Youā€™ll get a cooler vapor, and itā€™ll be mega dense assuming your wattage is adjusted right.

1 Like

You cant get that out of coil. I washed the tank. I always wash new tanks. This was machine oil on the coil. There is NO EXCUSE for machine oil on/in a coil. None.

Sorry, I misunderstood. Yea, thatā€™s bad news bears.

I sent a message to VapeNW, they are good guys and they didnā€™t do this, they didnā€™t manufacture these things.

This is SMOKā€™s fault.

A lot of companies sub parts of these kits out to smaller manufacturing operations in China and this could be one of those issues where one of those little companies may have been cutting corners to save a few bucks.

Cleaning and sterilizing metal parts is an expensive process, they have to use something that will break down those oils to remove it from the coil. Iā€™m thinking one of their little suppliers didnā€™t want to pay to do a final rinse or somethingā€¦

If you really are running in voltage control mode and hitting the .15Ī© coils with 3.7V, you are developing 91 Watts. This is requiring ~25 amps. All within a decent range for those coils as long as the batteries arenā€™t stressing. You definitely should not be experiencing a lack of fog. Canā€™t really comment on the heat aspect as I donā€™t have experience with that tank. That formula would heat up my brass Goon pretty good but I would expect that.

No if they left machine oil on the components of the coil it has probably contaminated the cotton. Once in the cotton it will be there for a while. A very long while.

Iā€™ve seen just enough posts here there and everywhere that are complaints about Smok coils that I have a tendency to agree with you. Couple that with the paint debacle on the Alien and I have to wonder what they are doing.

Hi Walt!

I just got off the phone with VapeNW, they are issuing me a store credit and taking the whole order back. They are good guys over there, they fully understood why I personally needed to get away from this product.
This wasnā€™t their fault at all.

I had ordered two tanks and 2 boxes of coils so it was about 80.00 for a product I canā€™t trust right now.