Favorite Scary Movies for Halloween Season?

Halloween is coming and along with all the seasonal recipes comes Scary Movies and longer nights!
Do any of you have any movies you love to watch around this time of year?

5 Likes

The first Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Love it! How about you?

5 Likes

Alien, The First Texas Chainsaw… the sequels lol… Friday the 13th Franchise, The Exorcist, The Omen, Slither, Dawn of the Dead, The Halloween Series, VHS antholgies, ABC’s of Death, IT … and a nightmare before Christmas :slight_smile: whatever else looks spooky and horrifying.

6 Likes

Yes, yes and yes to all :clown_face:

5 Likes

I’m a major wuss when it comes to scary movies… I usually stick to things like Its the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. :laughing:

8 Likes

The IT remake was amazing and horrific.

6 Likes

Those are great seasonal films as well though!

2 Likes

err cartoons.

2 Likes

I LOVED Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2! “Gawdammit, Leatherface! You dented my plate!! You’re gonna buy me a new plate cover!” Epic cheese of a movie!

5 Likes

I’ve always been a big fan of Thirteen Ghosts, myself. I really liked The Blair Witch Project when it first came out-the whole “found film” footage was a great scare when it first started, but it’s gotten really formulaic. I watched “Unfriended” last weekend and actually fell asleep about 2/3 of the way through it.

5 Likes

The Shining, although the book is much better but Jack Nicholson does creepy very well :smile:

5 Likes

HUGE!!! Rob Zombie fan

5 Likes

favorite line: “DOG WILL HUNT!”

2 Likes

same. although for some reason I felt Lords of Salem was his masterpiece.

1 Like

The book is very terrifying lol!

2 Likes

Agreed! The formula and the camerawork of most recentish found footage horror leaves much to be desired.

2 Likes

Did you ever read the sequel?

1 Like

Dr. Sleep? I have not yet but I am interested to know more about the Caravan of energy vampires in Winnebagos lol!

2 Likes

There’s where we will disagree. I believe House of 1000 Corpses will be/is his Campy Classic Horror Masterpiece

3 Likes

True. House of 1000 corpses is amazing.
There was something about the pace and tone in Lords of Salem that creeped me out though.

2 Likes