FDA Deeming regulations are published

Before any bashing about the American flag being upside down read the reason someone would fly it upside down. click here

The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

I for one anyway consider the FDA regulations as being a danger to life for those trying to quit cigarettes.

I truly believe vaping saved my life

10 Likes

Amen to that.

2 Likes

What do you guys think?
https://youtu.be/nX4xr1D_kAQ

1 Like

Myself as well…

2 Likes
3 Likes

And I am sure there are going to be plenty more in just the next 30 days. All of the manufactures have way to much to lose to sit back and do nothing.

2 Likes

I agree. Advocacy groups are great, but they pale in comparison to the power of a business with something to lose.

2 Likes

not sure if this was posted anywhere, but just saw this on fb:

http://www.churnmag.com/news/1942-study-uncovers-incredible-health-benefits-of-inhaled-propylene-glycol/

GrimmGreen also put this up:

http://www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/Labeling/ProductsIngredientsComponents/ucm456610.htm

4 Likes

‘Bootleggers, Baptists, and E-Cigarettes’

I don’t know if this has been posted, but this is by far, the best write up Ive seen, on the FDA regs.

It gives history and background info, and how things progressed to the point we’re at now, and where we may be heading. We’ve all read views, opinions, facts, & bullshit. There are footnotes with links to all the facts & statements, if you’re one of those ‘link please?’ people.

It’s 52 pages, but they go quickly. Scout’s honor…it’s worth it.

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/Papers.cfm?abstract_id=2557691

Just click the ‘open in PDF viewer’ option, on the page.

5 Likes

“Philip Morris International pays more than 60 percent of its gross revenues to governments around the world. It was estimated that a total of $229 billion would be paid to the state treasuries across the years 1998-2025.”

Read every word of the article and this statement above explains it simple, FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!

Better get ready to pay 95% tax on Vape I fear.

I spend $50 a month now,
Soon that $50 will be $97.50 plus additional state tax, and your “F_#ked” tax!!!

3 Likes

That was one of the eye opening realizations… The scope of ‘Follow the Money’ is beyond what I imagined.

It leads EVERYWHERE.

So many ‘entities’ whether governmental, corporate, medical, financial…are going to lose so much revenue & taxes, if vaping is allowed to go on, in it’s present state, with it’s present freedoms.

They’re not going to let that happen.

3 Likes

I have been wandering around on opensecrets.org, and if you spend enough time there you turn up some very interesting info about various lobbyist groups and organizations. Like this one https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/clientsum.php?id=D000000067&year=2016

If you Google Altria Client Services it gets even more interesting. Phillip Morris, makers of e-vapor products, blah blah blah.

Maybe some of you are familiar with all this information. But it is pretty interesting to see all of the different bills and such they have lobbied for and against. Have a strole.

5 Likes

It all comes back to follow the money and why the time to unite is now

Have a look here to see what is happening by this coalition of Chinese e-cig manufactures, Sevia USA. Is it possible that the ones most effected financially by this are starting to come together.

Sevia USA about page

Sevia USA 6 Things You Can Do Right Now To Save Vaping!

Now more than ever is the time to unite.

5 Likes

I agree @wvsanta , hopefully we still have time.
I was a little surprised by my robo mail response from my representative.
Here is his responce to my letter.

4 Likes

Reads like a form letter sent by a staffer not a direct response from him

1 Like

It is no doubt , McConnell is the Majority Leader in the Senate.You don’t get that high up the chain without the help of Big Tobacco and the Pharmaceutical industry.
I need someone to interpret the laws concerning the “grandfathered in” and what all it covers.

I would send a letter back and direct him to Support Cole/Bishop Agricultural Appropriations Amendment

2 Likes

Read about it and send him a link not that he does not know about it already.

The Cole/Bishop Agricultural Appropriations Amendment for the 2017 Federal Budget

2 Likes

I was wanting to read the high points on the Cole/Bishop Amendment first.I haven’t had much time to get very involved other than sending emails to everyone in position to help.
I am glad to see you are in support of the Amendment , I will email Senator McConnell back and urge him to support it as well.The way I read his response about it , I am not sure if he supports it or not.Typical Washington two stepping I am sure.

2 Likes

Yes sir I took it the same after reading the letter they sent you.

I grew up 3 miles outside of DC and growing up I had neighbors that were politicians so I learned at a very early age to never trust them.

2 Likes