Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

Be afraid. Be very afraid. One never knows what I might share next, mwahahahaha

3 Likes

Iā€™m a little confusedā€¦ great evaluation, but is it the Purilum Cookie that you are describing here?

1 Like

Whatā€™s the difference between a staircase coil and a juggernaut? Been googling but they kinda look the same: parallel regular wire cores fused in flat wire?

Yes, it is Purilum, Iā€™m sorry. I will edit for clarity :slight_smile:

A staircase is flat ribbon wrapped around 2 parallel wires, a juggernaut is flat ribbon wrapped around 2 clapton wires.

3 Likes

Im going to drop this here as something potentially important has popped up. I feel the need to go over my recipes and cut in half the percents i used. This is a challenge and test for me as i have devoted a lot of time on flavorah. If i can fix these recipes, i will. Thanks @1CoolBean for bringing this to my attention! Feed back is what i have been seeking from my peers. Your comments on this recipe are needed and appriciated!

1 Like

@anon84779643 is the one that taught me. Maybe she can chime in?

Ive actually talked to her. She had the same advice. I figured the advice came from the same source as you both established similiar points

1 Like

I always try to tell people to work from low to highā€¦ Itā€™s easier to add than it is to take a wayā€¦ With @Flavorah, you need to start low and work upā€¦ Vanilla Bean is an additive not really to be used as a flavor. Try this with just vanilla bean.

take a few 10ml bottles and stagger drops
2,4,6,8,10 add your base, shake and pop it into the microwave for 2-3 secondsā€¦ think I typed all this out before here somewhereā€¦and see what you think. I promise you will see what I am talking about.

Personally, with the vb, I can not do more than 1 drop per 10ml. Yes, taste is subjective, but until you test the flavors out as solo and low to highā€¦ you wont see the zombie effect, the chem trails, the muting and coming back and loosing flavor notes until you try it out.

These flavors are beautifully made, and have certain thresholds. Take it to the edge, and you will either have muting at the start, or a few weeks out, have a muddling going on. I hate muddled juices. I hope you can work the kinks out in your recipeā€¦

Here is a dear friend of mineā€¦ watch his vidsā€¦ specially the flv vidsā€¦

3 Likes

I seem to be coming here a lot. May I ask opinions on getting a caramelized flavor? Iā€™m trying to make caramelized bananas. When making in RL I just add brown sugar to the skillet with sliced bananas. Would a dulce de leche flavor be a good choice?

1 Like

I have no experience with this in vape juice, but INW creme brĆ»lĆ©e has a nice burnt sugar note to it, I could picture it going nicely with banana tooā€¦just a guess though

3 Likes

I like to use TFA Toasted Marshmallow in low amounts, gives a bit of sweet toasty or baked flavor without adding other obvious flavoring to mess up the existing profile. Darker caramels like FA or FLV in very low amounts might help as well. Dulce de leche is too rich and creamy to hit a caramelized note for my palette, although itā€™s soooooo yummy!!!

All this is just my preference for my palette though. Donā€™t be afraid of experimenting, sometimes the results end up being really good.

4 Likes

this was made 2 20 18 and it has the graham cracker on top the cream and peanut butter is there but damnnn its dry super dry i think maybe i need to lower the PB and the GC but i think the creams will bury the GC taste my biggest concern is how dry this is any suggestion ???

3 Likes

Maybe a bit of saline?

4 Likes

ive never used it , who sells it for our use ?

1 Like

How do you make your own saline? On VU I read someone using 3g of sugar salt per cup of distilled (or de-ionized) waterā€¦ is that about the ratio? And about 1% of that in your juice?
edit: did I really put sugar? I meant salt!

2 Likes

.9% non iodized salt or sea salt in distilled water, use it .25-.5 %

4 Likes

Thx, I follow my nose, so to speak and see what happens.

1 Like

Can you explain how saline takes the dryness out? Me no get it.

I got mine from DIYVS (vapor supply)
Thereā€™s a link to them (and discount) on the resources page, and varying flavor pages. :wink:

They also have ws-23 and other specialty ā€˜modifiersā€™.

1 Like

awesome ty , i dont want to make it or buy wrong stuff , id rather buy from a vendor

1 Like