Flavor notes get deleted when I remove a flavor from stash

I’m not sure…I will have to double check. There are a lot I never put my notes into, so maybe those will end up being the ones I’m getting rid of :slight_smile:

Just hate that for those of us that update our flavor stashes stuff is getting lost for everyone:(

2 Likes

@daath

I’ve been waiting on a for a sure answer before updating my flavor list.

Do you know if there is a way to keep my notes in the database even if I delete a flavor? I am ashamed to say I had already deleted many in the past not even thinking about it :frowning:

Because if it was any shorter you wouldn’t need to use the abbreviation abbrv.
It’s called job security :laughing:

@daath

Any updates for this yet? I’ve got about 100 flavors now that I need to delete from my stash, but it removes my flavor notes as well from the data base.

If you know any tricks I can use to keep the notes for other users without having them in my inventory, I would sincerely appreciate it!

Thank you!!!

3 Likes

@daath could we create a dummy account that amazing people like @MysticRose could dump flavor notes into? Maybe?

2 Likes

Hmm sorry - I don’t know why the forum didn’t notify me of this thread until now (maybe it did, and I just missed it).

Losing flavor notes is bad. Would “hiding” the flavor from your stash work? I’m willing to hear alternative solutions, like @Chrispdx’s suggestion - that could possibly work…

5 Likes

That sounds like a great option. And especially great if hidden flavors aren’t in play when you use the “what can I make” option.
Hiding the flavors you don’t have would be a lot easier than copying and pasting to another place, especially for people like @MysticRose who have tons of notes.

4 Likes

@daath

I wasn’t aware we could hide flavors from our stash, that would work if they will they be excluded when using the “What can I make?” feature? Could that work?

EDIT: even though I have this thread set to watching, I didn’t get notifications when anyone commented either :frowning:

EDIT 2: Then the problem also arises that a lot of users probably aren’t aware that their notes are also being deleted when flavors get removed. So somehow it would have to be communicated to other users, and a lot of them don’t use the forum side. :thinking:

1 Like

Ooops, apparently I missed this the first time I read VapeyMamas comment…exactly what she said :nerd:

2 Likes

@daath

Did you find a way we can hide the deleted flavors from our stash? If not I can just delete them, seems like it will be easier.

1 Like

Can anyone else see this thread? I know daath doesn’t ignore people. I’m wondering if there is a glitch on this thread???

1 Like

It is visible.

:eye: :eye:
:nose:
:lips:

3 Likes

Thank guys. Just wanted a confirmation before I delete. I appreciate the replies :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He might have missed your tag… With him being as busy as he is (you know, inter-departmental memos and all… Lol) I can see him blowing by one once in a blue moon.

I know @daath would never intentionally ignore someone as sweet as you! :wink: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Lol…I’m sure he didn’t either. He’s a very busy man. I don’t have any hurt feelers or anything.

Just done with all these ones that I got rid of. Especially when I’ve spent 15 minutes looking for 1 flavor I supposedly have. About the 3rd or 4th time doing that my very last nerve had snapped. No big deal…they be gone soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I’d hate to lose your notes… So I’m really hoping he’s been able to come up with a remedy for us.

Personally, I would settle for just being able to change the background color behind the flavor to red (or some such), but it would also be nice to be able to move them to the bottom (or hide them as you mentioned). I’d like to keep them in my list (with notes) if only to insure that I don’t buy the same thing (that I didn’t like previously) again.

But we’ve got to have an easy way to identify them for that to be able to happen IMO.

2 Likes

I haven’t gotten around to it - My plan is to hide the stash item and not delete it… It will take a bit of work though…

1 Like

I see this thread. I know you have deleted your notes and I don’t know of a solution other than what others have posted, but in the meantime leave your notes and the flavors you have for them in your stash. You can periodically back up your Flavor stash & Notes as a .PDF file, so you never lose them - I use the print button and “print” as a .PDF.

If you have Adobe Acrobat, you can set it up as your “default” printer. Once you do this, hit the [printer] icon in your Flavor Stash. A window will appear on your screen with Adobe Acrobat set as your default printer. Hit print. It will generate a .PDF file. Save this file onto your computer, cloud storage or external.

I hope this is useful for you.

3 Likes

I keep all my notes and flavor info in a spreadsheet just in case. It’s a little more work, but I like knowing I have them if anything went awry.

3 Likes