Flavor notes get deleted when I remove a flavor from stash

@daath

Whenever I remove a flavor from my stash, all my notes and percentages disappear. I’m assuming it’s the same with everyone. Is there a way to preserve all those notes and percentages in the database even if we remove from our stash? There is a lot of useful information in everyone’s notes that is invaluable to others, especially new mixers.

I’m going through and going to PIF a bunch of flavorings, but wanted to check if there is a fix before deleting.

Thank you!!!

5 Likes

what does this stand for

2 Likes

Pay it forward.

2 Likes

i would have never guessed that lmao , im so far behind when it comes to those type of abbrv

3 Likes

And why is abbreviation such a long word.

8 Likes

Ahh shit, you’re right. I deleted a LOT of flavorings never considering that this would happen. Mine isnt such a big loss but yours… Lots of them backed up on reddit?

1 Like

I’m not sure…I will have to double check. There are a lot I never put my notes into, so maybe those will end up being the ones I’m getting rid of :slight_smile:

Just hate that for those of us that update our flavor stashes stuff is getting lost for everyone:(

2 Likes

@daath

I’ve been waiting on a for a sure answer before updating my flavor list.

Do you know if there is a way to keep my notes in the database even if I delete a flavor? I am ashamed to say I had already deleted many in the past not even thinking about it :frowning:

Because if it was any shorter you wouldn’t need to use the abbreviation abbrv.
It’s called job security :laughing:

@daath

Any updates for this yet? I’ve got about 100 flavors now that I need to delete from my stash, but it removes my flavor notes as well from the data base.

If you know any tricks I can use to keep the notes for other users without having them in my inventory, I would sincerely appreciate it!

Thank you!!!

3 Likes

@daath could we create a dummy account that amazing people like @MysticRose could dump flavor notes into? Maybe?

2 Likes

Hmm sorry - I don’t know why the forum didn’t notify me of this thread until now (maybe it did, and I just missed it).

Losing flavor notes is bad. Would “hiding” the flavor from your stash work? I’m willing to hear alternative solutions, like @Chrispdx’s suggestion - that could possibly work…

5 Likes

That sounds like a great option. And especially great if hidden flavors aren’t in play when you use the “what can I make” option.
Hiding the flavors you don’t have would be a lot easier than copying and pasting to another place, especially for people like @MysticRose who have tons of notes.

4 Likes

@daath

I wasn’t aware we could hide flavors from our stash, that would work if they will they be excluded when using the “What can I make?” feature? Could that work?

EDIT: even though I have this thread set to watching, I didn’t get notifications when anyone commented either :frowning:

EDIT 2: Then the problem also arises that a lot of users probably aren’t aware that their notes are also being deleted when flavors get removed. So somehow it would have to be communicated to other users, and a lot of them don’t use the forum side. :thinking:

1 Like

Ooops, apparently I missed this the first time I read VapeyMamas comment…exactly what she said :nerd:

2 Likes

@daath

Did you find a way we can hide the deleted flavors from our stash? If not I can just delete them, seems like it will be easier.

1 Like

Can anyone else see this thread? I know daath doesn’t ignore people. I’m wondering if there is a glitch on this thread???

1 Like

It is visible.

:eye: :eye:
:nose:
:lips:

3 Likes

Thank guys. Just wanted a confirmation before I delete. I appreciate the replies :slight_smile:

2 Likes