Flavors to avoid at all costs!

Congrats and welcome to the dark side!! Gosh, I hope you like the Dark Bean, Iā€™ll feel like a total jerk if you hate it. :stuck_out_tongue: 30ml should last you awhile, too. It doesnā€™t take much.

The only apple flavor I have is Fuji and it is probably the only one I will buy because, IMO, itā€™s amazing. As for coconut, I like Capellaā€™s. So far, itā€™s the only flavor I have in both FA and something else where I donā€™t prefer the FA. But, it depends on what youā€™re going for in a coconut. I use coconut in a coconut rum that is one of my favorite juices and it needs a sweeter coconut. Capellaā€™s is kind of like the sweetened shredded coconut you can get or the type youā€™d find in a coconut desert. The FA coconut is more of an authentic, eat it straight from the shell or coconut water type coconut. Itā€™s not sweet at all. Itā€™s good, just not what I was wanting.

Iā€™m considering ordering those three from NL as well. Youā€™ll have to let me know your thoughts. Ringling and Amy both love them, so Iā€™m sure they are great, and I need all three of those flavors.

2 Likes

Thanks for the warning Iā€™ll stay away from the chicken and waffles lol

1 Like

Love is such a strong word. Though I will admit they have 3 flavors that are very good and I am not able to find acceptable replacements, does not mean I like this company. Truth be told NL products in bulk are approximately 32% higher in price than Capella and in my opinion NL flavors for the most part do not compare with Capella flavors. Iā€™m actually pretty close to loathing this company. By continuing to buy their watermelon and honeydew I am saving a premium juice blend that I worked quite hard on and would rather not discontinue. This is the only reason I continue to buy from them. Though I think there is not better watermelon, honeydew, and mocha, let it be said that I do not in any way recommend this companyā€¦

3 Likes

Isnā€™t it though? LoL. I was referring more to the three flavors you guys were talking about than to the company itself. Iā€™ve been following some of the discussion about them and I agree that the fact that they charge so much is ridiculous. Iā€™d never even heard of them before the discussion about watermelon. I havenā€™t and might not order from them simply on principle alone. They need to be a little more realistic with their pricing. They arenā€™t exactly the courvoisier of the flavoring worldā€¦

2 Likes

JoJo said ā€œGosh, I hope you like the Dark Bean, Iā€™ll feel like a total jerk if you hate it.ā€

No, not at all. I am a grown boy, it is just that I can usually spot honest people. Even lurking on forums, I figure out pretty quick whoā€™s opinions I will take seriously and who to dismiss out of hand. I have a pretty good idea about, well 6 or 7, good, and only have reservations about 1 or 2 here. Not mentioning names. :smile:.

Anyway, 30 mls, might last a while, but I fell in love, yeah, that strong word, with an ejuice made here at a B&M, and I KNOW that they ainā€™t gonna give up the recipie, ( :wink: ringling ) so I will be mixing my own in an effort to replicate it. That is why I asked about the burnt sugar in another thread. If I perfect the mix, or get close, it will be my ADV for a very long time.

BTW ringling, yeah, I understand doing businesses that you are not fond of, but sometimes it is a necessary evil. I am looking for the best flavor I can find. Saying that, I am going to MaxVG, cause for some reason, vaping makes me itch. I think it is the PG, but I will soon find out.

EDIT: BTW, IRL, when eating watermelon, I am one of those that loves a generous amount of salt on my watermelon, yeah, I know sort of weird, but try it sometime. So ā€¦ is there a way of adding salty to a mix. I was thinking of a Saline solution, high in th esaline, but is there another way to get salty ?

Sorry if I have gone on for too long, but just wanted to let you all know, that I do appreciate your willingness to share the info, and hopefully soon I can pass it on to and return the favor. :smiley:

2 Likes

I like salt on melons, too. And pepper. :smile: But, not that Iā€™ve found. I posted something to the same effect and the general consensus was yes, you can use saline but it is more for making the juice ā€˜wetterā€™ and it gunks up coils really quickly. I havenā€™t tried it yet, though. The closest Iā€™ve come to a ā€œsaltyā€ vape is Salted Caramel by Flavor Westā€¦and itā€™s more of a butterscotch salty than a true salty salty if that makes any sense. Iā€™m not sure anything in a vapor is going to give you that same salty taste since the ā€˜tasteā€™ from vapor is more from smell and salt is a tongue thing. Without any smell, most juice just tastes vaguely sweet. The only thing I can think of that would work is dipping your drip tip in some table salt. LoL. Feel free to give saline a shot and report back if you come up with anything. Iā€™ll do the same if I get around to trying it.

1 Like

Will test saline and report back, for the rest ā€¦

Nothin but a big ole :smile:

Totally agree. Case your interested hereā€™s the full story of their pricing. When I first started out they were Vapor Shots. A 4oz of almost any flavor was $10.80 except some of their tobaccos which were more. I thought this to be a little high but the quality was good and my customers liked the flavors. THEN, along came the merger with Flavor Envy. In the blink of a eye a 4 oz bottle of flavor went from $10.80 to $16 plus. I believe a 50% rise in price. I emailed them and told them outright that I would not buy from them ever again with prices like that. The search was on for replacements for main stay flavors which I had already created premium blends with. Caramel was replaced with FW Caramel Candy and TFA Caramel Original. VS banana (this one is a good one too) was replaced with TFA Banana Cream, and so on and so on. In June I ran out of VS Watermelon and Honeydew which are flavors for one of my most popular Premium Blends. After ordering FWs and all the talk of all the other companies versions here on ELR it sounded to me that the only way to keep this blend was to buy the VS flavors. So, I logged into FlavorEnvy.com and was redirected to the now NicotineLabs.com. I was at least pleased to see that they are now charging $13.29 per 4oz size now. Perhaps Flavor Envy put themselves out of business with the $16 price. I guess they now compare with Capella price wise on the 4oz but not on larger quantities. Still, I donā€™t feel most of their stuff compares on flavor to Capella. So what it boils down to, with a discount code and a a slight discount to up to 8oz bottle I ordered the watermelon and honeydew only to continue to be able to offer my customers the same recipe they loveā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah, I think Iā€™m gonna pass. Iā€™ll try some others first and if I just canā€™t find a good one and I decide I have to have it, then I may order from them. TPA Ripe banana, banana nut bread, and banana cream plus FA Banana has me set on banana for awhile. LoL I like Capellaā€™s Cantaloupe. Iā€™m curious if FA or Inawera (I know you canā€™t get those for shop purposes) have any good melons. I did mix up some strawberry melon using only capellas and loranns without the TPA watermelon to see if that was where the ABC gum flavor was coming from. I havenā€™t tried it yet, though. Weā€™ll see.

2 Likes

Funny thing is, in the reciept/ info I got at my CC company, it show Vapor Shots as the business.

Just thought you might get a kick out of that little bit of info. :smiley:

1 Like

If you ever decide you need to order from them let me know if you need to know the better flavors so as to distribute the ship costā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s also funny (as in weird) that they brand the flavorings as ā€œDelosiā€ but they own that company. I wonder if it has anything to do with the legislation issues currently going on.

1 Like

That would make perfect sense to me. Just may be the caseā€¦

1 Like

Well, JoJo, since we are still at the ā€œflavours to avoid at all costsā€ it is back to the ansjovis if you want salty!

1 Like

Just ordered some Inawera watermelon. Will let you know when I get it. I hope it is better than the Flavourtec.

1 Like

Hi noobie_Mixer as far S coconuts go I really like LAā€™s coconut over capellaā€™s but with Capella you do get 13 mls versus 3.7mls of LA price is usually a concern. Capā€™s coconut is weaker and I ended up needing more.
TFA has a few that are very good as well a lot of ppl like coconut extra which is a bit more potent and I like coconut candy it is Sweetner than the average coconut and a tiny on the weak side which is fine when you do not want the coconut to dominate which it easily can. Pecan I havenā€™t delved into that much. Look into FW butter pecan.

Thanks Amy2, I am looking at my 4th order ( in 3 days) yeah, am spending a bunch on shipping, but ā€¦ I think I am getting the better flavors ā€¦ so it all washes out. Oh, and LA - Bavarian Cream is on its way, I beleive that is one you suggested already.

Thanks for the info on coconut. I had the VS/NL chocolate coconut suggested and is on short list, but was looking for something to mix into a custard base. I will look at LAs and am considering coconut extra as well. I am going to a higher VG mix, so sweetness may vary. But thanks again.

BTW everyone VS/ FE/NL went up on their prices since yesturday. Doin it again ?

1 Like

I found this list on another siteā€¦ Feel free to disagree.

FLAVORS TO AVOID.

TFA Holiday Spice - Smellsā€¦ okay, like artificial egg nog flavoring. Inhaling it is instant nope. One drop will ruin any 10ml mix for me.

Runners up:

TFA Gingerbread - Keep your licorice and clove out of my gingerbread.

TFA Horchata - Red hots, clove and grass.

TFA Blackberry - I canā€™t even put into words why I hate this one. It just isnā€™t right.

FA Pineapple - I may have gotten a bad one. Some people say itā€™s fine, some people say itā€™s gross. Nobody would ever say what I have is fine. It tastes and smells like pineapple, roasted garlic and B.O.

FA Mangosteen - I heard mangosteen were delicious and wanted to try one. FA fruits are pretty realistic. So I ordered it. I donā€™t want to try one anymore.

TFA Blackberry a shot at like .3-.5%. I found it ruins juices if itā€™s any higher.

TFA bacon. Not even once. Well actually 8 but definitely not twice.

Tfa cheese cakeā€¦straight up cheesy feet. Do not open bottle in an enclosed area. Tfa kona coffeeā€¦ The smell of death

Flavorwest custard. Tasted like industrial floor cleaner and incense

ECBlendā€™s Apple Pie. Who the hell puts massive amounts of Anise in an apple pie flavor?

TFA boysenberry, and TFA passionfruit.

TFA Honey, Green Tea and Cherry cola

TFA Pizza

Maryjane(TFA) and Coffee(Kona)

1 Like

I disagree on the blackberry, green tea, and cheesecake, but Iā€™ve not had them from a different company. They arenā€™t my favorite flavors, but they arenā€™t horrible IMO. Just got Horchata and havenā€™t tried it yet. Iā€™ll report back if I do. I bought a juice about a year ago made with TPA Pineapple and I still have most of it. Probably should throw it out. It wasnā€™t awful but it made me cough like crazy.

I agree on the gingerbread. It is pretty awful even at tiny percents. And the Holiday spice and Bacon, only mine are Pumpkin Pie Spice and Crispy Bacon by Cap. Same sentiment though. :smile:

Never tried TFA Blackberry but I will say I use a lot of it. I use FW Natural Blackberry which I feel is very nice. Iā€™m guessing this person does not like the green tea because just as I did, mixed up a batch of juice only to find out when the green tea steeped, it became VERY strong and ruined the blend. The cheesecake, truth be told it is not the first time I heard bad comments about TFA cheesecake. I use FW cheesecake so have no opinion. Now the FW Vanilla Custard. I think this person must have accidently blended up the custard with his industrial floor cleaner, and damn it, put out the incense dude, youā€™re getting ashes in the juice. Honestly I only use FW vanilla custard for mixing. Like many vanilla custards it is a spicy custard. I donā€™t care for this but for those who do I feel it is dead on. The Horchata, I bought some so I hope it doesnā€™t taste as described. I did buy the Smooth Horchata so there is a difference. Still have not tried it yet. TFA Bacon, maybe they should have mixed it with Chicken and Waffles, lol. I do actually agree with most of that list but as they say, taste is subjectiveā€¦