Flavors to avoid at all costs!

FE ? Flavor express ?

1 Like

What do you like to make with the salted caramel? Thank you.
Sleepy

Definitely avoid Jungle flavors Watermelon. You donā€™t even want to ever taste it. Itā€™s so bad and chemical (even though it was steeped 4 months), you canā€™t get the taste out of your mouth for a couple of hours!

yes, I also have TPA Blue Raspberry that steeped several months and it is bad. I have removed it from my cupboard. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever need it.
I recently tried Summer Clouds by ?, It has a dish soap taste, and grapefruit. But, it needs to steep. So Iā€™m not sure about it yet. A lot of flavors arenā€™t good until they steep.

Pretty sure summer clouds is Flavour Art.

1 Like

I make a lot of things with salted caramel. Itā€™s really great alone or you can mix it with other flavors to really add depth, here are a couple of high running juices for me, the first is solo, the second makes the richest caramel flavor ever:

Pearvana

Ingredient %
Cream Fresh (FA) 0.75
Marzipan (FA) 0.5
Pear (FA) 4
Salted Caramel (FW) 1.25
Vanilla Tahity (FA) 0.5
Ylang Ylang (FA) 2.75

Flavor total: 9.75%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Uncle Junks John Wayne Clone

Ingredient %
Butterscotch (TPA) 1.5
Coconut (TPA) 0.5
DX Hazelnut (TPA) 0.25
English Toffee (TPA) 0.5
Homemade Papua Vanilla 3
Kentucky Bourbon (TPA) 2
RY4 Double (TPA) 1.5
Salted Caramel (FW) 1.5
Smooth (TPA) 5
Toasted Almond (TPA) 0.25

Flavor total: 16%

yes Flavor express

FW Tobacco Honey Wood is actually good used in the right recipe. Five Pawns uses this as a main flavor in one of their juices.

Here is the link: http://www.lediypourlesnuls.com/five-pawns-lucena/

1 Like

I have used Summer Clouds in one recipe. I quite like the mix although I canā€™t see this as a very versatile flavor. It may have itā€™s uses with some tobacco or drink blends. I donā€™t think it plays nice with other fruits that much but I donā€™t have a lot of experience with it. This recipe though, while not an ADV, is good and I recommend it.

Fun Day (SthrnMixer Original)

Ingredient %
Apricot (TPA) 4
Cactus (INAWERA) 0.4
Passion Fruit (MF) 0.5
Summer Clouds (FA) 1
Vanilla (MF) 0.5

Flavor total: 6.4%

Mix FA Bilberry like this-- 1% Bilberryā€“1%(Forest Fruit or Black Current)- .5% (any Lemon & Lime or 1% Mountain Dew Max) this tames Bilberry to a nice berry flavor.

1 Like

I donā€™t have Cactus Inawera, so I wonā€™t make Fun Day, but I did find 2 other recipes that contain Summer Clouds FA. I just searched and it brought up several recipes. I saved 2 of them into my document where I save recipes I want to make. You are certainly agree with you that it is not very versatile. It is also very strong and I taste grapefruit a lot. I kept adding things to it in my tank and settled on some MF Passionfruit with some Pink Lady. I was trying to cover up the soapy taste and Gummy candy TPA worked to do that immediately, while nothing else did. Must be a chemical thing. But, yes the Gummy immediately removed the dish soap taste. I think that bad ness will go away with steep time anyway.

For two days now, Iā€™ve been trying to vape MF Blueberry and I want to TASTE BLUEBERRY A LOT. Itā€™s okay. Blueberry is a hard one. The MF is the best Iā€™ve found thus far.
Today Iā€™m experimenting with the MF Blackberry. It is a bit (just a bit) flower-y, but not enough to ruin it for me. Itā€™s a medium potency flavor. I added Vienna Cream FA, TPA Van. Custard, TPA Cinnemon Danish and FW Yellow Cake = success! A lovely vape. Noā€¦ I didnā€™t make a recipe. I wish I could find a colaborater. Someone to take all the credit if I put something together that is good. If anyone wants to try mixing and making a recipe out of anything I figure out tastes good, please do. I wouldnā€™t want credit. Itā€™s like riding a bike. I am very new to all this and as I go, I am learning and getting a feel for mixing.

1 Like

I have tried a few blackberry flavors but not really hit paydirt yet. The TPA version is virtually useless. Capellaā€™s is decent but not a true Blackberry in my opinion. I do have FA and MF, but no real experimenting yet save for making a 1% stand alone of the MF one. It was ok but I think it deserves more experimenting before I make an assessment. But I think perhaps the MF is similar to the FA version as they smell quite similar in the bottle. And for that reason Iā€™m thinking that HICā€™s notes on FA may well translate to the MF one as well. He saysā€¦

Less than 1% !! warning, strong flavor!

FlavourArt states this is one of their strongest flavors. 1% standalone is very strong.

The background flavor is musky, like wild blackberries, and earthy. If it tastes like soap or perfume to you, you are using too much. Consider making a 10% dilution to use as your flavoring - this makes it easier to use very small amounts or fine-tune your percentage.

Fresh Cream is excellent to lighten the flavor, and plenty of other, sweeter flavors in a recipe will give the best results.

Fans of berry tobacco might enjoy a tiny (0.1%) touch of Blackberry in the background for the dark berry flavor.

If you have an aversion to floral flavors but want dark berries, consider using FA Forest Mix instead.

Blackberry mellows some with a long steep.

Food for thought although as I said Iā€™ve got very limited experience with the MF flavor and have yet to mix with the FA one.

Natures Flavors Blackberry Soda is pretty good. Maybe it could be built into a recipe somehow with the soda part being muted out. I have done this with Inaweras Blue Dwarf to use the Blueberry part and muting the candy part out. Here is a recipe

FLV Boysenberry 2%
FA Joy 1.5%
FA Cookie 1%
FA Torrone 1%
FA Vienna Cream 1%
FLV Vanilla Custard 1%
CAP New York Cheesecake .5%
CAP Graham Cracker .5%
INA Blue Dwarf .5%
FLV Rich Cinnamon .5%

This makes a pretty decent Blueberry Muffin.

1 Like

Iā€™ll just drop this hereā€¦

What flavor concentrates will you never buy again?

2 Likes

Joy - I agree 110%!!! Blue Raspberry TPA is horrid! To date it is the only flavor that dumped down the commode. I didnā€™t even put in the ā€œjust in caseā€ pile! LOL

3 Likes

The Medicine Flower Blackberry is excellent (compared to TPA in my experience). It is slightly floral, but with time/steeping itā€™s really nice. I love it with cream cheese.

2 Likes

Just got the Earl Grey Tea (TFA), it really remind my child memory :joy: ā€¦ Taste like my fatherā€™s Brylcreem.

3 Likes

I disagree. I like this one after 2 weeks+
thanks for all the other tips

My #1 Pistachio LA, I want to say it has a super pungent kerosene flavor, think I read somewhere here that there is some kind of nasty chemical in it
My #2,3 and 4 Cookie Dough, Creme BrĆ»lĆ©e, and Toasted Marshmallow all from One On One, maybe I was unfortunate enough to have received a bad batch in these flavors butā€¦ They taste nothing like there namesake in the least bit no matter what % or steep time, and thatā€™s of coarse my HO, had high hopes for those 3 flavors too :pensive: Anyone else have different results I would love to hear