Flavors to avoid at all costs!

heheh Bilberry (FA) definitely benefits from a bit of steeping ;D

2 Likes

In my pursuit of a good blueberry base blend; I tried this flavor at several percentages in several blends but just donā€™t like itā€¦ This was the first FA flavor Iā€™ve tried that wasnā€™t a hit. Personally, I wouldnā€™t know what the hell actual billberry is supposed to taste like but if theyā€™re true to this flavoring; count me out. Tasted like the bitter, dark skin of some wild berry. Nopeā€¦nopeā€¦nopeā€¦

Would also like to addā€¦

CAP Egg Nog - Vomit flavored tree bark

FW Eggnog - Eating a clove cigarette dipped in raw egg would be about the same effect

1 Like

I made a Bilberry yoghurt and left it (forgot it) for 3 weeks. Itā€™s not bad at all. I must admit I havenā€™t tried it fresh.

1 Like

I love FA bilberry but Inawera bilberry tastes like perfume.

1 Like

I did not know a bilberry was real. I just assumed they tried for blueberry, got to that flavor and weā€™re like ā€œScrew it, close enough. Itā€™s Friday.ā€ You learn something new. . .

Alisa, I meant to say that customer service, and I only call it that so you know what message I am replying to, was BS. That would normally put a company on my sniper, do not even do business with vendors that sell this brand, list. But FW introduced me to my first tasty DIY flavors. Please direct their sorry asses to this thread so they know that there are a hell of a lot of strong competitors to their flavors and if that curt response is how they treat their customers, I will not be refilling the several bottles I need of their flavors and will instead replace with alternatives. Even my beloved salted caramel.

Seriously, someone gets a BIG bottle of your flavor, suspects something might be off, reports it to you in an easily usable mannerā€¦and you blow them off? Thatā€™s a middle finger to you customer.

Watch how I blow vendors off. Iā€™ll also bring my FW recipes down. . .not that I have a lot of recipes, itā€™s just the principle. Sorry I am always the one to yell loudest when people get hosed, but it just pisses me off when companies tolerate that behaviour. It reflects a certain culture IMO.

4 Likes

You are right, therabidweasel. No doubt. Iā€™ve let the Flavorwest issue sit on the backburner, not sure of what to do, but this 4oz bottle is sitting on my desk, waiting for me to do SOMETHING. Iā€™m going to make a phone call Monday morning. Hopefully, Iā€™ll get SOMEONE there that gives a damn. May I quote you, if need be?

1 Like

I figure if I put something on the Internet anyone can quote my reply. . . hehe, that is why Iā€™m kinda secretive about my identity. That and weakness.

Thatā€™s very nice of you to ask. I was serious about directing them to the thread, so yeah, sure! You might also direct them to the Medicine Flower threads and then Nicotine Riverā€™s. . .so they know what good customer service looks like.

Ive never dealt directly with FW and this really irritates me. They have the best tasting caramel-adjacent flavors of any Iā€™ve tried and some good fruits too. My favorite recipes all have an FW as a key component, so if I have to switch itā€™s going to be with regret. But I think Iā€™ve demonstrated my resolve in dealing with poor customer service. I just canā€™t let go of this stuff.

Seriously, they canā€™t just say: Thank you very much for notifying us of your concerns, we take product quality very seriously. While weā€™ve found this batch to be within our specifications there could always have been an issue with temperatures seen during storage or shipping, or perhaps the flavor does not agree with you. If we sent you a flavor with which you are familiar and perhaps a few samples of others would this resolve the issue satisfactorily for you? . . .I guess it is more words.

1 Like

I really donā€™t want to be reimbursed in any way. I just wanted someone to care. To go check that batch and make sure itā€™s up to their own standards or not and say so, either way. That way I will know if what I received is what they meant it to be. Hope that makes sense. Anyhow, I WILL call them Monday morning and report back.

6 Likes

I knew that from your email. . .Iā€™m just saying that they should have made you some form of offer for not just going out and bashing them on the fora without giving them a chance. Now, they DO owe you IMO.

1 Like

Alisa, play hardball if necessary. Tell them you are a member of ELR and you are more than willing to start a new thread about the bad customer service you have received. That should open a few eyes. Tell them to send you a new one if there is a problem with itā€¦

4 Likes

Whaaaat??? I just read through this topic and no one commented on TFA Blue Raspberry ?!? Iā€™m shocked. Worst flavor ever from my experience. I usually use Liquid Barnā€™s Blue Raspberry and was looking for a replacement. FAILED. TFAā€™s version is like a cheap perfume mixed with something foul I canā€™t put my nose around, nor do I want to! Sorry to say I dumped it. Tried to sweeten it, tried to mix it with other fruits, nothing worked. . . .

1 Like

Soā€¦ Jason, from Flavor West called me back this morning about that Pistachio flavor. He
said it is as they meant it to be, but did offer to replace the one they sent me. I declined, as
the flavor is horrible and Iā€™ll never use it. I told him Iā€™ll be sticking with TPAā€™s version of Pistachio,
since it actually resembles pistachio. lol

5 Likes

Do you know if you eat a little piece of ginger it gets rid of car sickness. I keep it in my car for my tummy. You can buy it in the supermarket as Dry Ginger. It is covered in sugar, real sweet and spicy hot.

1 Like

Yup, you are right. Blue Raspberry TPA is horrible. I had it as a single flavor in my cupboard and itā€™s been steeping for about 3 months. Itā€™s horrible.

Ginger tea was the only way I could eat anything during the first four months of being pregnant with my daughter. I wound up losing 15 pounds before I could actually eat again. I lived on plain bagels. I hated the tea, but I could keep down a bagel after drinking a cup. First meal I had when I got my appetite back was barbecue! LoL. I still hate ginger tea, but itā€™s definitely good for nausea.

2 Likes

You know FA Espresso (dark bean) tastes like burnt popcorn at first. But it evens out into an inoffensive coffee-ish flavor in a couple of days. I know who Iā€™m talking to, but did you let it steep well? I just discovered TFA Black Tea needs basically 6 weeks until it tastes like spot on black teaā€¦drink it every day, know the flavor. Anyway, pretty impressed with how they can change. For a while I had my 30ml bottle of FAEDB up for free. Now Iā€™m hoping FA Sesame and mangosteen might be the same way. The sesame tastes so burnt itā€™s absolutely revolting.

2 Likes

More steepingā€¦ You could be rightā€¦ But, if so, Iā€™ll just buy the TPA anyhow.
I mixed two bottles of Xanā€™s Cheesecake Dream. One on 01/03 with TPA Pistachio and one on 01/08 with FW Pistachio. I started vaping the TPA version and loving it after 5 days. The FW version is still icky today. But, I will not throw it out. We shall wait another week and try it. Then another, just to be sure. :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

I really enjoy the mad hatter and itā€™s only $7
The mini freakshow is a bit hot and has some spit back issues being a reduced cap style attyā€¦the Kennedy is a huge favorite for itā€™s taste and ease of slapping that cap on without aligning the hole patternsā€¦
The Veritas was my favorite flavor atty until the N-22 as stock it had restricted air flow so Iā€™ve worked it drilling a bigger holeā€¦very tricky and the above donā€™t need that.
I polish all mine up to mirror finish using a zero fit tip and #1000 then #2000 wet dryā€¦always tape the back with duct tape and adding soap makes less scratches flavors seem improved w polishingā€¦cleaning is quicker and Iā€™ll do this service for you or anyoneā€¦Mackā€™s Elixers Gregory Bahr FB

Thanks so much for all your trial effort and info for me!
Yummy and canā€™t wait.

1 Like

I screwed up so bad with my FE pistachio that I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be mixing with that flavor for a LONG time