Flavour Art Tasting Notes

I get you but I do SFT’s with my flavors just to get to know them, not to be a good vaping experience.

I tested FA juicy strawberry, TPA Strawberry, TPA Strawberry (Ripe) and Cap sweet strawberry.
For my taste buds, the Cap SS had the most flavor.

Same here, I’m farely new to DIY but I appreciate your input.

1 Like

Strawberry is one of the harder flavors to pinpoint IMO. (Along with Caramel and Blueberry. Primarily because they’re “universal flavors” that most everyone, worldwide, likes.)

The problem is multifaceted though; whether it’s a flavor molecule (and who made it), to if it’s an actual extract from the raw material, that’s been cold pressed, or heat processed…to geographical taste expectations, and on and on.

Long winded way to say “You should expect certain flavor profiles to be difficult and time consuming.” And also, you’re not alone!

I was also like @Koningmafkees, and @eStorm awhile back, in that I thought that FA were expected to be used at seriously low percentages (closer to MF and some FLV). The majority are not (at least IMO, of the many I’ve tried.) Most FA are normally in the 2-5% range as a SF.

Many FA are also what I call complex flavors (meaning they have multiple facets to their composition). Frequently with a lemon note… :roll_eyes:

Regardless, sometimes it’s an asset, sometimes it’s a distracting detraction from the direction you were wanting/hoping/intending to go when you purchased it based on name alone. But that initial aspect that seems detrimental early in, can sometimes be manipulated into a beautiful thing as your mixing advances.

I’d say try Inawera’s Shisha Strawberry. At only 3%, it’s FULL of flavor! Regular Ina strawberry is really good as well, and without the Shisha price (at several places) but Shisha is “another level” of goodness!

6 Likes

What about Soho
Cuban supreme ?

3 Likes

Welcome to the Forum Joey! https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/460677/TOC’s%20Soho%20Glory it’s been a long time since I mixed with Soho but I liked it back in 2016

4 Likes

Can you kindly recommend a recipe with Soho, or perhaps direct me to one online? Edit, talking to myself: it’s over there you idiot, are you blind?! :smile:
and if you have any experience with Cuban supreme / cigar passion you’ll be my legend.
I’m trying to clone some liquid I tried here in Egypt, it’s described as creamy cigar. It’s quite sparse and of course lip tied re ingredients.
Thanks.

3 Likes

These recipes were all created back in 2015 and I was using a Mouth To Lung tank. Most of the Flavourart notes from HIC here were copied over from HIC on his Tobacco’s but hope this helps

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/45666 SOHO
https://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/569 Cuban Supreme
https://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/7080 Cigar Passion

5 Likes

:grinning:

Alisa’s recipes are spot on as well. :+1: Just throw whatever tobacco you want on top.

6 Likes

What, exactly, is the difference between a standard strawberry and the “shisha” strawberry? Or any "shisha flavor? I’ve been wondering this since I started browsing flavors to begin my diy journey… I can’t find any sort of description that specifies what the difference is.:smirk:

2 Likes

Honestly, just consider ANY strawberry you see with a different name (or brand) as a different strawberry flavor.

Shisha, in the most traditional sense was always meant to imply (at least in my understanding) that it was a flavor intended for use in a hookah.
This does not mean that there is necessarily a tobacco note to the flavor.

Especially in the case of Inawera. (I have yet to get a tobacco note of any kind from any of their Shisha lines.) But that does not mean that you should be surprised if you run across a Shisha flavor, and you DO end up detecting a tobacco note. (I only add this disclaimer because I haven’t tried any Shisha flavors from anyone other than Ina as yet.)

And you probably won’t.

I never saw anyone marketing vaping flavors as Shisha aside from Inawera (until the last year or two), so my personal thoughts are: when other manufacturers saw how popular they were (due to being excellent flavors that are true to the name on the label), they figured they’d “try and ride Inawera’s coat-tails to success” (or at least snare a few newbies who haven’t had the Inawera name drilled into their psyche yet. :wink:

Seriously though, you can take several variations of strawberry in a single brand, and get several different flavors from it. So just consider “Shisha” as another variation.

8 Likes

Thank you for the thoughtful and thorough explanation. I actually find just about anything strawberry flavored to be extremely distasteful…:mask:

But it can sometimes add that missing bit when used at small %'s, as I understand it…

So, I kind of sucked it up and ordered a couple of flavor blends with strawberry in them…

We’ll see how it goes…but I digress…:grin: Again, thanks.

6 Likes

I’ve used the same strawberry combination for as long as I can remember Strawberry Ripe TFA/Strawberry Red (FA) tried most of the others but those in combination work for me.

3 Likes

I’ll make note of those. I use LNW for supplies, right now but I’m also looking at Jungle flavor’s website as well. Both have a good selection but JF (formerly known as diyeliquids or something like that) has free shipping… Any recommendations for supplier for FA and TFA or other similarly priced concentrates?

4 Likes

I use three places in the US Bullcity Flavors, Nicotine River, and Ecig Express :slight_smile: There’s a list of them on the resource page along with coupon codes :slight_smile: I really like LNW nicotine :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @authormichellehughes I appreciate your recommendations. Like I said in another thread, somewhere…, I just placed my first order, yesterday. It’s supposed to arrive Monday. I’m so excited to get started!!:smile:

5 Likes

Wow, what a great time for you! I hope you have a great time and so glad to have you here :star_struck:

5 Likes

My personal simple impressions of the two you mention:

Soho: Lovely but not realistic tobacco, I get a slightly nutty almost taste like the smell of a biscuit tin. Its very nice with fa meringue for a simple mix too

Cuban Supreme: Tastes like garden soil, personally one of the most horrible flavours I have ever had

4 Likes

A lot of people dont taste strawberries very well in vapes, I am certainly one. I would say the Jamaican Special certainly isnt one of FA best flavourings personally.

The Marzipan is a stronger flavour, I am surprised you didnt taste much from Vanilla Classic, think its a great flavour and was the best vanilla especially in custards for quite a while.

I personally think FA flavourings are the very best flavourings for additives and balancing recipies rather than the actual flavours. Meringue, cookie, Vienna cream, fresh cream, joy and several others you will probably see in thousands of recipies on here at lower percentages for that reason

6 Likes

Oh God. Thanks for the feedback, it doesn’t get any clearer, does it⁉

4 Likes

Ratios please. Thanks

3 Likes

Can’t remember the exact as recipie was a few years ago. Think it was 12% Soho and 3% meringue. I’d probably doing it now cut that by 1/3 so maybe try 8% and 2%?

4 Likes