Flavour or flavor?

I’ve notice that there is a mix up on how to use this word lol.
I believe only Americans spell flavour with out the u.
So when I look up say jungle flavours. I believe it should be in the data as jungle flavours and not jungle flavor. This was just an example of how thing can get messy.

3 Likes

different areas of the world is why …

4 Likes

Sorry I was adding to my question

3 Likes

I know I recently got Great Lakes flavours and ended up just adding a couple to the already used wrong names. As I could only find people using the American spelling

4 Likes

ah ha , ive always felt the names should be spelled how the MFR originally spells it so Real Flavors would be spelled that way and Flavour Art would be spelled this way …

13 Likes

You are correct and that’s what I am getting at.

4 Likes

Lol I spell it flavour as I am Canadian!

2 Likes

Thanks @fidalgo_vapes

1 Like

Where is Jungle Flavo(u)rs from anyways?

2 Likes

Well I was under the belief that they are german.

1 Like

There is a website that says they are working with ecigexpress

2 Likes

I suppose it is spelled with the u then, but ecigexpress spells it without.
I can’t find their homepage but germanflavours.de IS an official German website for german concentrates and they do spell it with a u.

Why all so confusing :woozy_face:

2 Likes

I know right I saw

1 Like

Lol I may not have any idea what I’ve been saying.

1 Like

It depends how you look at it :wink:

European countries, using the British English as guidance, Canada falls under that as well because of the big french influence… America is not based on that. That’s the basic rule and explanation in short, of course there’s exceptions as usual, as well as much more depth to this whole story.

By that “rule/logic” it should be Jungle Flavours since its translated from German into English using as guidance British English.

The reason it’s labeled Jungle Flavors is the same issue as usual, american based vendors selling it (ecx and diy vapor supply) and people are not aware of this not being ecx’s house brand or even a european brand and voila it’s put into the data base in the american way.

Side note, there’s still people not knowing that inawera is polish or purilum not being nicotine rivers house brand etc. They only go by : where did I buy it from? What stands on the bottle? Depending where that person comes from the spelling will be fully different, every time.

However In my opinion that’s a very tiny issue, flavor vs flavour is not big a deal. I understand it’s bugging some people but at the end of the day, no matter how it’s spelled, you still know it’s the same word/meaning. (Same for other words such as color vs colour, honor vs honour, armor vs amour etc. We not going around and correcting these either :wink:

It’s not a fully different language or missing brand label or a fully misspelled word nobody can identity anymore.
If that’s the case, then I agree there’s a bigger problem that needs to be discussed. But that’s already being worked on.

I don’t know if we need to add british vs american english “wrongfully” spelled words to the mix :wink:

4 Likes

There’s an advantage to the way we spell it.

1. By leaving the “U” out it is one less letter you have to type. Economy of motion dude! Pretty simple.
  2. By spelling it as “flavor” you can totally avoid things getting messy, as you put it. :face_with_monocle:
5 Likes

It probably has more to do with this than people speaking French

We come back to the flavor/flavour chaos that is our database… WE, people may understand what it is, but do all search engines “think” about that the same way?
Spelling is important.

4 Likes

Lol to good thanks! You guys are to fun! It really doesn’t matter what way you spell it as long as you are able to make and or find yourself a great recipe!

4 Likes

Lol nothing to do with the French Canadians. They don’t even do english. I’m sorry no disrespect to my fellow Canadians French or English.

2 Likes

Filet-For is how I say it, it’s gonna trend some-day

4 Likes