Flavour or flavor?

Oh heavens no! That’s part of what it’s designed for! Of course you should enter them, but, I’d request that you use an “identifier” (of sorts) to keep it easy to distinguish!

IE: Oak Cask [David’s NET]
…or something like that.

I think a “real name” (whether fictional or not) would be an asset, simply because with some of the user handles… It could be a bit monotonous for at a glance ID if their pseudonym looks like it might be a brand. (eg: Vixy’s Vapors, or some other such…)

That’s also why I chose brackets above in my example, as opposed to parenthesis! :wink:
That should hopefully help in keeping them separate code-wise, and should assist Lars later. Perhaps. MAYBE. Hopefully… :laughing:

I appreciate your mentioning it, and great question! :thumbsup:

It’s all a big, giant, and ongoing “experiment” after all. :crazy_face: :rofl:

4 Likes

Very good, thank you, I will get working on renaming them

Edit
When typed with the brackets it saved it as parentheses not sure why but mine are done with the old deleted

6 Likes

Well damn. Alright, good to know!
We’ll have to see what else we can come up with.
(Still open to ideas/suggestions of course)

The main thing is being effectively identified.

Stone, base, NET, dilution, etc have all been really easy to ID when trucking through literally hundreds entries in some cases.

it’s easy to understand that while those might cover the majority, they don’t always fit every situation or application. So, I’m just trying to be as thorough and accommodating as possible. :wink:

6 Likes

Very interesting article, thanks for linking. I had no idea. I would have strongly agreed with this idea and im surprised it received such a swift negative reaction. Here we are over 100 years later and his idea happened 100 fold due to mostly text messaging. This, i thought was hilarious and totally could see half of america spelling his name like this now, lol:

“Indeed, barely a day after Roosevelt’s announcement, the New York Times reported that, “President Roosevelt is the laughing stock of literary London,” adding that newspaper writers there were now simplifying his surname, referring to him as Rusvelt and Ruzvelt, while Carnegie was caricatured as Andru Karnegi and Karnege.”

3 Likes

Come on guys spelling flavour or any other word with ‘our’ in it without the U is just plain wrong… :smile:

3 Likes