Fur babies!

My sincere condolences for you and your wife. So sorry for your loss. They are at peace and with each other once again.

5 Likes

Hugging you both as hard as I can :pensive:

4 Likes

I surely understand.

2 Likes

A sad day indeed. Very sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry for your family loss. Remember them well and they will live on.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear your news, sending hugs to you both.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for caring, it is appreciated. To tell a little more about this story and what will hopefully be itā€™s outcome, please allow me to speak further. This picture shows our little colony of four which were family. As the post above stated both Mr. Boots and Pretty Girl passed away in the last few months. You can not see his head but in the top of this picture is Frankie. He passed away this year as well. That leaves Ruby, the gray tiger striped cat all by herself. Ruby will go to the vet this coming Monday and be tested for Feline Leukemia and for the Feline version of HIV. If all is well which should be the case she will be moved inside our home with a group of 3 others. Hopefully this will work out cause we know our outdoor cats do have feline HIV. If it turns out she does have HIV then she will stay with our other outdoor cats. Weā€™ll have no choice then. Unfortunately Ruby will be quite lonely till the vet can check her out being she is for the first time by herself. Once I know she will be with other cats again, whether inside, or outside, Iā€™ll feel much better knowing she will no longer be aloneā€¦

7 Likes

Oh bless her, I am sure she knows how much she is loved, along with your other fur babies. Fingers crossed regarding the FIV - I previously fostered cats so know how difficult this can be. But she will be well loved and looked after regardless :+1:

3 Likes

@ringling
I apologize for not having the right words.
Even after decades and decades of standing at the stairway with so many babies that have crossed,
it never becomes any easier to experience, and I always lose my composureā€¦and doesnā€™t matter
whose baby it was. Excuse me while I go get another box of tissues. Sorry.

5 Likes

No need for apologies, that fact that you care is quite enough in my book. Thank you !!!

3 Likes
4 Likes

I came back the other evening, to post an update about Mason, the kitten with the broken Mason jar around itā€™s neck, and read the sad news about Mr Boots. I decided that day belonged to Mr Boots, and the family that misses him, so I didnā€™t mention anything.

Mason got his cut stitched up, and was given the ok to go home with one of the vet techs my daughter works with. She will take care of him and work on earning Masonā€™s trust. Some love & TLC, regular feeding, and a warm, safe place to nap, should do the trick. Then he will be put up for adoption, unless the tech decides she wants to keep him.

So, things are looking up for Mason.

10 Likes

Heā€™s missing some fur, where they shaved him, to stitch him up, but the little feller is doing well. Daughter said heā€™s friendly, eats like a horse, and is going to be a handsome cat. Heā€™s a big hit with everyone in the ER.

9 Likes

LOVE IT LOVE ITā€¦
hugs hugs hugs
Precious little one will now have a life of loveā€¦I can rest now.

Eyes so bright
Fur like gold
Now pick me up
and hold hold hold

6 Likes

This is my old room mateā€™s dog named Tika.

I never had pets growing up then this little cutie came into my life when a friend moved in with me. I spent hours and hours with her for over a year. Now my friend has moved out and I find myself looking at the pictures of Tika on my phone cause I miss her so much. Never saw that coming like ever. Good thing I still get to see her from time to time still which makes me so happy.

9 Likes

Love it when you get to spend a couple of hours with the mini horses and are rewarded by being able to put a halter on for the first time (peekatu is only a month and change old) and no I do not have giant hands lol.

15 Likes

Update on Mason. (The feral kitten that had itā€™s head, and one leg stuck in the neck of a broken Mason jar)

Mason was fostered for a bit, by one of the vet techs that works with my daughter. A friend of one of the Doctors wanted to adopt him, and went through the review process.

My daughter said Mason is doing great in his new home, and getting tons of love & attention. Heā€™s growing like a weed, and looks like he will be a tall, lanky cat. From the pic, it looks like he has a body guard as well.

Love seeing things like this, work out.

9 Likes

Oh heā€™s a beauty! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Yayā€¦Merry Christmas, Mason.

3 Likes

Was a sad day Saturday at our house
13 years ago a tenant called me and said someone had tied up a year and half old doberman and left him in the courtyard of a building I rent out we of course went and got him and he had hit the doggy lottery. It was obvious he had been abused scared to death. And became the most loving and loved dog. Mr Buddy would be his sir name

The grand baby and Buddy liked to sleep on his Chase together. But 2 years of pain medication and 120 dollars a month for his arthritis finally didnā€™t work any longer and he could barely stand on his back legs and lost control of his bowels at times . So I knew it wasnā€™t fair no matter how much I wanted it to not be the last day we would have.
This is our last day together
A friend of mine who is dying of cancer brought me a very malnourished Rottweiler about a year ago and I am so grateful that he did it makes it so much easier to come home to another friend who is now the new man of the house and will give us many years of love and loyalty as the all have and he and my grandson get along just fine as you can see

For thirty years we have had dogs it is always hard to let them go but I wouldnā€™t have had a all the good times if I hadnā€™t had them

5 Likes