Fur babies!

You have broken my heart…and I can’t see to type well…the tears…
I will take Mason if he/she needs a home.
I need a yellow baby.

6 Likes

We need the success stories too and luckily there are angels like your daughter making it possible. :raised_hands: I believe people adopt more now than before because of social media let us see the good with the bad. When we get touched, we act.

2 Likes

I have no idea what you are talking about… :smile_cat:
I am a tough man…I NEVER cry.

Can you share her FB page with me? Public or private.

4 Likes

I know your heart strings have been pulled and plucked more than most, Ozo. You know the emotional roller-coaster well. You do wonderful things for so many animals.

I will pass on your offer, for Mason (he)!

4 Likes

I can’t see …to type…sorry.

1 Like

You’re so right. In the past, animals with special needs were ‘put to sleep’. Now people line up, to adopt the underdog (no pun intended) that beat the odds.

We have 5 rescued cats in our home. Two of which don’t have eyes, victims of feline herpes, which can cause their corneas to rupture, if not caught and treated quickly, at birth. Both were brought in by people that found them blind & wandering a field, or the side of the road. My daughter made a deal with the doctors, and said if they did the eye removal surgery, she would adopt them. The doctors didn’t hesitate.

Our two eyeless cats are the biggest trouble makers of the bunch. They fly around the house, up and down the stairs, chasing and wrestling with the other cats. It’s a hoot!

6 Likes

My heart just broke. I pray he will get better and stronger. Great name.

4 Likes

Haha, real rascals, so amazing! My youngest son is very allergic to furry friends, so we had to give back a cat who just decided to move in here. We didn’t feed her and didn’t let her in, but she sat down outside and did not move. She had a home just down the street. We followed her home and by the time we got back, she sat waiting for us by the door. Eventually we took her in, after she had escaped through a window at second floor to get to us twice. And she was great (as they are) and the bond… well, you know, it was hard giving her back.

3 Likes

Lol, once a cat has adopted you, it’s hard to change their mind!

4 Likes

I totally second that! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

I think most vet techs have a good sense of humor, and are great name pickers.

I gave my daughter a ride to work once, at a previous clinic, that also had horse stables. I noticed an orange cat hanging out at the stables and asked if that was one of the clinics resident cats. She said ‘yeah, that’s O.C.’

I asked her what O.C. stood for.

‘Orange Cat’

Duh

5 Likes

:joy: absolutely brilliant

1 Like

I think I know what you are talking about…hahahaha
Never happened to me, of course, but I read it on the internet. Ya, on the internet.

5 Likes

It’s a miracle this baby survived. Hopefully he can be socialized since he’s still young. At least he’s safe and will be well cared for now.

2 Likes

Poppy was found, in the woods, when we had the motor home TNR clinic…in a trial run into the next county[one day only]. She was so little, and no one could sex her, and she had major lacerations and her eyeball was hanging out. The girls [lady techs] named [him] Popeye, but as Popeye grew in recovery, he was a she, so we named her Poppy. Long, long, wonderful story to her adoption [everything happens for a reason]. She has been in my home for a long time.

Califay, another rescue of Momma[Mimi] and 5 kittens, lost her eye in captivity, over a simple altercation at a food bowl. Just got hit at the wrong place at the right time…I swear it hurts worse than if it happened in the wild. No need to remove it…just keep an eye on it…[da fug you say]

I have had so many ‘special needs’ critters as so many of you know, so I truly understand when others have babies in their care with special needs. God has a ‘special’ place for all that look after any life that has ‘special needs’, and you will be rewarded, even though God knows you never wish for any recognition.

7 Likes

Awe, Poppy looks like she’s winking. My mom’s cat, that we rescued and re-inherited from her became special needs under my watch. It still breaks my heart. I had started some iris bulbs indoors for mom’s garden and kept them in the attic where the cats never go. While moving them out to the garage, within two minutes of my getting distracted Freddy ate a leaf. He puked most of it right back up and we raced him to the vet to make him puke up anything that might have been left but ever since then he has such a delicate stomach that he needs special food only a teaspoon at a time every few hours or he’ll throw up. He can’t digest kibble at all.

1 Like

Poor little soul - some people are just vile.

1 Like

I think, in this case, the kitten stuck it’s head, and leg in the mason jar, when it was a little younger, trying to fish out some leftover food, or maybe a bug, and couldn’t get out. That’s just a guess though.

But you’re right about some people being vile!

2 Likes

That’s a shame, about Freddy. I didn’t know about Iris plants being poisonous to cats, but indeed it is. He may have been overly sensitive to it, to begin with.

One of our blind cats, Elsie, had to have emergency surgery to remove a piece of a flip flop sole, that she chewed off. It had made it through her stomach, and got stuck in the opening of her intestine. That crazy little cat gnaws on everything, and has been in for xrays and ultra sounds a number of times. The doctor was joking and said she should have installed a zipper on Elsie’s tummy.

Thankfully, the daughter gets a good discount at work.

Facebook Post by my wife within the last hour. Mr. Boots is the cat on the left. Sad day for us today…

7 Likes