Aww! I wish my kitties loved each other. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

I couldnā€™t resist posting this!

8 Likes

5 Likes

8 Likes

We did everything we could, but in the end it wasnā€™t enough and we had to say goodbye

2 Likes

Sorry to hear of your loss. Itā€™s only a few short weeks that I lost my favorite furball tooā€¦

I most certainly feel your lossā€¦

2 Likes

Oh, he looks beautiful, Iā€™m really sorry. The downside of having furry friends is that they donā€™t live as long as we do.

3 Likes

Actually, that was Grandma. Thereā€™s a long story behind the name but to put it short she had many litters before we took her in and had her spaded. She was beautiful beyond belief in person when she was young. She was damn good looking when she got old shown here. She had special meaning to me because she was a feral (wild) and over the years I tamed her. I was the only one who could touch her or pick her up. The wound is still fresh so Iā€™ll just say, nuff saidā€¦

3 Likes

very sorry for the loss I love my dog so dearly I donā€™t look forward to the day :cold_sweat:

5 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry guys! :cry: Iā€™ve never really had a pet die before so I can only imagine what itā€™s like. Itā€™s not something Iā€™m looking forward to. Youā€™re in my thoughts.

5 Likes

You have me thinking of friends passed on. This was Dustee, or Dusterella as my wife would call her. She was a long hair, blue eyed, Siamese, Manx. For those who are not familiar with a Manx, they have no tail. Not even a stub. A female Manx is a very rare thing. They usually die at birth for some reason. This beautiful girl was a kitten when we got her and lived to be quite old. Sheā€™s gone now. Approximately 5 years ago now. This cat was also quite special to me. Well, we have plenty more cats so not to worry. Being I like cats I have nothing to worry about, BUT, I do miss the special onesā€¦

6 Likes

I used to have a Tonkinese named Cocoa. I have pictures around here, but nothing digital. She was a beautiful cat. And she was my little baby. I was at work one night, and a very close friend came over to my house to borrow something. He went out the back door to the garage and didnā€™t shut the door completely. There was a terrible storm that day and Cocoa was really scared of storms.

For 6 years when I came home from work Cocoa was always waiting at the door for me. She would be poised atop the recliner and stand up and meow at me as soon as I walked in. When I walked in that day I knew she was gone immediately, because she wasnā€™t there. I ran around the house looking for her. I was so upset. It was when I ran to the back door and saw it standing partially open I knew what had happened. I havenā€™t seen her since.

When she was a baby I taught her to speak. I would say ā€œTalk to me Cocoaā€, and she would let out the cutest little purring meow you ever heard. She would shake hands. She would sit, and she would sit up for me. She would roll over as many times as I asked her to. If you could combine the love and willingness to please of a dog with the personality of an affectionate cat, it was Cocoa. It has been 8 years since I lost her. And every time I see a picture of a Siamese or a Tonkinese I feel the loss. She was my best friend. And I sit here with tears in my eyes for those of you losing your beloved pets. They are family. And when they go it hurts. There is nothing else for it. Sorry for your loss.

4 Likes

This was a all time favorite cat. This was Mouse with my daughter Jessica when Jessica was I believe 10 years old. This cat was with me when I lived in New Jersey, she was with me in my hippie days when I lived in Syracuse NY literally in my little Toyota truck. Rode with me everywhere. She moved with me to Austin Tx and then to my current place in Montgomery Tx. This cat lived to be 25 years old and canā€™t tell you the loss I felt when she finally passed. I had to give her mention today because I couldnā€™t believe my eyes when I seen @LordVapor type that his cat shook hands. I literally taught Mouse to shake hands tooā€¦

4 Likes

This is one of the hardest ways to lose a friend. Not knowing what happened to them. Over the years weā€™ve have a number of cats that just disappeared one day. I feel your pain dudeā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s pretty amazing when you can get a cat to even look at you with interest. Let alone do tricks. I have had cats my whole life. But none since Cocoa. I can just look at a cat and tell you their temperament. Mouse has the same look in her eyes as Cocoa did. I could grab Cocoa by the tail and she would just look at me. I could play rough with her and she would never bear her claws or bite with any more force than a wet noodle laid across your hand. She was a special cat for sure. And I bet Mouse was too just looking at her laying there loving the affection. Cocoa was like that.

One silly thing I remember, I used to whistle the little tune the Gremlin did in the Gremlins movie. And Cocoa would come running and jump up on my chest and want a cuddle. She didnā€™t do that for any other song I whistled. I donā€™t even remember how that behavior began. But any time I wanted her attention that got it immediately.

3 Likes

We have heard a few tear jerking stories today but letā€™s not leave on a sad note. How about a AMAZING cat story? This is Tommy, a long hair tabby (Possibly a Coon), and damn handsome for a boy. A few years back Tommy just disappeared one day. After a weeks time we assumed like all the rest that disappeared that we would not ever see him again and we kinda went through a bit of mourning. Approximately 6 months later I get a call from a lady that lived about 5 or so miles from us saying she found our cat. Tommy had his current tags and the woman called the county and got our name and number. At the time I sold sterling silver jewelry so I grabbed a few pendants and chains and headed to her house to pick up Tommy. She did not expect anything but I was so grateful that I wanted to show my gratitude. I picked up Tommy and gave her her reward and all was fine again. The story does not end here though. At the time we had no idea how Tommy could get 5 miles from home but we now believe we know how. Not real long after the first incident my wife needed to go into town. Thatā€™s 8 miles from home. She parks her van and goes into the store and does a little shopping. She comes out and gets to the van and sheā€™s hearing meowing that sounds quite familiar. Itā€™s Tommy hanging out near the only thing he knew of from home. Tommy apparently thought he wanted to take a ride. Guys, gals, be aware, he was up in the motor or someplace like that. He was not inside the van. Well we believe that Tommy has decided that taking automobile rides was just not for him anymore since this has not happened ever again. We are sure glad of that. Tommy is still with us so Iā€™ll leave with this happy noteā€¦

6 Likes

It is. But then again thereā€™s not much sadder than watching a pet look for their departed owner. Heart breaking!

Iā€™m sorry you had to say goodbye. Just do what I doā€¦get another and fall in love again!!!

Dude, you trying to make me cry or what? Dang! :slight_smile: Iā€™m glad you got your cat back. Great story sir!

5 Likes

You guys are going to have me getting another cat. I really think itā€™s time. But I think I want another Tonkinese.

4 Likes