Fur babies!

She’s a very lucky lady, what an improvement :smile_cat:

1 Like

This guy is Hunter. We lost him almost 2 years ago, he had cancer in his hip joint. This is apparently common with labs. Anyways we are fortunate in that we live on 40 acres of land, and my husband can target practice in the backyard. This guy would hide whenever a rifle would come out of the house. This is where I found him one day.

5 Likes

She is one of 20 indoor-only felines. Somehow we hover around that number, some get old, some new get rescued. I have been in rescue over 50yrs, most is larger animals, Horses,Mustangs,Burros,Emus,goats,even a Puma (Lucy), and a pair of bobcats. We have hawks and owls, a mated pair of pileated woodpeckers, even reptiles. Lucy will be 19 this year, and I’ve had her since she was a week old. We are certified, but we are not a 501c3 in rescue, we have to panhandle for funds. We also have a mobile vet clinic for cat spay/neuter we set up around the county 2 days/week.We had a 4 bedroom home donated for spay/neuter [an empty home] that we held operations one day a month, 8 veterinarians donated the full day, 25 volunteer helpers, and 3000 traps we loaned out…but the county ‘eminent domained’ it away for a highway widening. Anyway, just a tidbit of my life…sorry to ramble.

6 Likes

Beautimus !

1 Like

Don’t apologise on my account, I can do a fair bit of rambling myself. I think it’s awesome to have all those animals. I wish I could, but I just have a 3 bedroom home in Amsterdam. I’ve had 3 dogs and 7 cats at one point and lost 2 dogs and 3 cats in the last 4 years. I’ve heard people say that you get used to that, but I find it heart wrenching every time. I’ve befriended 2 crows in the area that always come over when they see me for some cat nibbles. I would love to own some horses, and a puma, man that is really great. I saw a documentary once about a couple in South Africa who had a rescue for lions and took them for walks in their enormous garden. Your Lucy will be the same age as my oldest cat, he will be 19 next month. See, I can ramble…:grinning:

3 Likes

You go ahead, ramble Darlin’…No, nope, never,…you don’t get used to the loss of any of them, and I bet, even at my age, I can name all of them that have passed. Once they have been in your life, they remain. BTW, Lucy is a house cat, well, sort of…she IS a lap-puppy on the couch at TV time most nights, but she has her own atrium for as close to a natural habitat as possible…she is 3-legged.Last weigh-in was 114lbs and she is a lap-full. I walk her on our rural road, more for my exercise than hers, the neighbors adore her, but are still hesitant to get close. Some of the kids do. Sometimes I have to smack her [kidding] because she purrs so loud I can’t hear the Roku TV… :slight_smile: You are always welcome to move over here and help…you can have all the critters you want, and we have extra bedrooms. We rarely have any dogs, not sure why, but we don’t need them for security, the Burros are the best watch-dogs…when we get good herd dogs, they get adopted out fast.

2 Likes

I have one of those but she’s tiny. She’s called Jeffrey due to some gender confusion at birth. She’s homegrown. She has the habit of purring with her mouth open and sounds exactly like that scary thing from the movie the Grudge.

I would have to leave my family behind and might even find my name on the infamous no fly list :grinning:

6 Likes

Jeffrey is beautiful.

2 Likes

A Muffin in a box.

7 Likes

I grow mine in buckets :grinning:

8 Likes

Me either, lol. I did online courses, when I was in college.

2 Likes

My grandaughter, Kit and her bodyguard, Osiris:

11 Likes

Sonny aka Spiderman

12 Likes

I stumbled across a pic of Cocoa. I forgot I even had this pic. She used to lay on top of my stereo on my desk, the top of the entertainment center here, and the top of our headboard on the bed. She always had to sleep at the highest point in the room.
[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/2FastLX/media/cocoa.jpg.html][/URL]

9 Likes

Cats vs Cucumbers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfgDgFpwGQE&annotation_id=annotation_2968280223&src_vid=0PD7zzhwOlY&feature=iv

9 Likes

My grandaughter Kit, with a Cat! :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Precious overload !

4 Likes

10 Likes

It is so funny how cats react to things that invade their space. They must go into every situation analysing the whole environment. Probably why the appearance of the cucumber scares the hell out of them because it wasn’t there before :slight_smile:

I always love watching a cat slap the shit out of things to test if they are dangerous or not. Imagine if humans did that! You turn around in the grocery store to find a 6’5" 350lb biker standing a tad close. So you smack him to see if he is dangerous or not lol.

5 Likes

Gorgeous grandaughter, and an amazing photograph!

1 Like