GeekVape - Looking good to me

I never heard of GeekVape until @Heaven_Gifts posted some of their products. Have they been around a while or is their product line just coming around? From what I’m seeing they look very interesting, especially the three tanks mentioned by HG. That Griffin and Aeolus look very solid and the Avocado has a kind of Goblin Mini-esque look to it. Anyone used GeekVape products able to tell me what they’re about?

1 Like

TVC review on the Griffin

7 Likes

Ahhjeez (been watching too much Fargo), I want this thing. it looks awesome!

Looks interesting the GRIFFIN a bit like the CRIVS ?

I think it’s next for me!!!

1 Like

Might be for me too. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Wonder if they ship to the uk. Really like the look of 2 of them the griffin and the avocado. Both look good rta’s

1 Like

I think all of the Chinese shops here post all over the world :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks like it may be the best rta to date, imho.

1 Like

I have been trying really hard NOT to get into rebuildables cause I wanted to keep it simple and just switch out coil heads when a new one is needed, Easy-Cheesy, but this Griffin is just too damn sexy! She may be the RTA that finally breaks my will-power.

Plus, I keep reading about these new regulations that congress…err big tobacco… wants to push through. I think I better learn to do this. What are they gonna do then…levy a tobacco tax on kanthal wire? LOL! Damn puppet politicians need to keep their nose out of my ass!

I think I deserve another xmas present to myself, don’t you… :smirk:

3 Likes

The way I see it, many people surprise themselves when it comes to building their own coils. So many folks who think they would not like doing it end up loving it. It becomes part of their hobby. Some find the value in cost and peace of mind in knowing exactly what their atty is made up of and will continue for practical purposes. Others though will try it and say to hell with that. But I think everyone who is determined to vape, if and when regs come down to make it either impossible or too expensive to buy stock coils, will then go to strictly RBA set ups. So I think you’re on the right path with your thinking. But if you do go this route you may fall in love with doing your own like I did. Who knows, maybe this time next year you’ll be of the mind that you won’t ever buy another stock coil. I know I won’t buy them!

By the way, I build when I need to. And using Ti with TC I have techniques I use for cleaning my coils and find they are lasting a looooong time. Where I used to keep my kanthal kit always at the ready, now I have moved my Ti supplies off my work table and into a drawer. I have 1 set up that is at about the 3 month mark (should have written it down when I built it) that I think was put in some time in Sept. Still going strong. Just clean and rewick is all I do.

3 Likes

That’s the thing, I know I would “nerd-out” on building coils. I’m an automation engineer by trade and love to “tinker” on things to the point of insanity. I usually get so obsessed and OCD over things like this that they consume a lot of my time in the pursuit of perfection :sunglasses:

I just started with DIY juice and it’s growing into quite the monster. My DIY project started out in the corner of my kitchen and in less than two months has almost taken over the whole kitchen. My little monster has now claimed part of the freezer, about half of the countertop and I’m having to move bottles just to get to my cocoa-puffs in the morning :laughing:

I currently have the mod/tank monster under control but when I start feeding it new toys like this Griffin, she may try to take over the whole house LOL. I have no idea where it’ll end but this RTA is just too well designed for me to skip I think. I’m just gonna have to put both these little monsters in the kitchen and let them fight for supremacy.

3 Likes

That’s great! I got quite the chuckle out of that simply because I can relate. But while I too can become obsessed I haven’t let the coil building get out of control. Only because the simple wrap gets the job done and I have not felt the need to give them the Tool Man Taylor treatment.

2 Likes

the Griffin has a 7mm wide chimney…anybody else think thats kinda narrow?

2 Likes

Yeah the 7mm doesn’t make any sense to me , if that was the case I don’t see how they could get those claptons to fit.Maybe they are going width and not diameter ?Still 7mm doesn’t look right.
I do think this will be a nice tank and I will order one to find out , it looks to be what could be a very nice tank.

I don’t think that’s going to affect the build deck. Did you watch the review from TVC above? That deck and chamber is not 7mm :slight_smile: I don’t think a 7mm chimney will be an issue at all. That’s over 1/4" which is plenty it seems.

2 Likes

it looks like a great tank…i think it will be worth looking into further…
know what else looks like a winner? that new aspire Cleito…with the rba deck, of course…the concept seems similar to the goblin mini, i think…

1 Like

looks nice but no single coil -1

Glad of that myself. It’s for we vapers who like to grip it and rip it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i feel ya, usually dual coils too but i like the option

1 Like