Great Scale You need this one

I bet it is battery power, which is a problem when the scale times out mid measurement and zeroes when u turn it back on, and your trying to figure out how much more flavor u have to go…

yep Power: 2 x AAA Batteries (not include)

2 Likes

Bring it BACK… I’m Drooling!

What the heck… I’ll post it… after all it’s just a scale…

5 Likes

Is that what that’s for? I was just about to ask about that.

4 Likes

Mmmmmm broccoli!! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Gotta have them greens!

It’s 4:20 somewhere

6 Likes

But back on topic, a good scale will have external power and be able to weigh as much as possible, and accurate to 0.01gm, but still be affordable. LB-501 is a good one and I’m sure there are others, but I constantly recommend LB-501, when buying it be sure to not accidentally buy the cheaper 0.1gm model!

4 Likes

This is a good thing to understand when you first start mixing …measuring by drops sucks, and why we always recommend using scales in general. Those .001 scales are for weighing Gold, gems, and Coke :wink: Thanks tho I was kinda interested in seeing your .001mg drop measurements, but like most people here I have never had a recipe suffer from a little over dripping (on my scale).

Welcome to the Forum @Freddie3. As you read more posts you will see we take every opportunity for humour, but we are still sticklers for accuracy on all angles of a topic. Hope you find this stimulates both your analytical mind and your creative curiosity. Hang in Brofessor

8 Likes

I forgot to mention the one thing about scales that we didn’t really mention here (I think) that’s a BIG DEAL, and that’s the importance of an AC transformer (power plug) and being able to have the scale NOT shut off during mixing sessions.

5 Likes

No there is less than 20g extra you can get with offset taring. Not for glass bottles.

2 Likes

I have not found the timeout to be a problem on these scales.

the back-light goes fast but the actual weighing is kept for a good few minutes. Backlight comes back on load change. And my batteries have been going since December.

Now, if you take more that 2 minutes for 2-30 drops.

2 Likes

I don’t get a comission on these scales, but they also happen to be my favourite ones, and they are a much better deal than the big 501for new mixers.

Together with something like 0.01x500g

for batches up to 300ml

For bigger batches, either you are pro and then I suggest you get proper lab scales. Or you are a garage mixer and you can get away with flavours/nic on the previous and a 0.1x2kg that will do just fine for PG/VG

6 Likes

I have this one and it works great. Cost me under $20 Canadian. Found it on amazon. I do recommend making sure all scales are calibrated before use. I have little test weights but maybe finding the weight of your coin currency and using it may help

2 Likes

Hello

What kind of bottles do you use for 250ml batches? My biggest bottles are 120ml. Well, I could use a Heinz Ketchup bottle, if I’m not wrong they are 480ml.

1 Like

brown glass bottles i get in a local store.

1 Like

@liquid2vape Even though you asked @adary I can tell you that it is seldom that I mix beyond 120ml bottles as I found that the steeping time for my needs, worked best in 120’s. I still do mix larger batches depending on sales, or friends/family, and when I do, I ONLY use SKS PET Cosmo bottles with twist tops. From 2oz. up to 16oz.

6 Likes