Hardware advice

Per post # 26 …they don’t call @Rob62 the Coil Man…because he is ‘kinky’.
He truly understands, and is a mix of modern and old school.
Trust what he says, or where he leads you. You will be rewarded.

4 Likes

This is my Hugo 133w with my Kennedy 25mm clone with a beutifull monster single coil.

2 Likes

This site is full of it…INFORMATION !!!

I pray you understand my post.
Obviously not.

2 Likes

I know exactly what you are saying. There is another thread I’m in at the moment which has a similar vibe.

1 persons experience anecdotal evidence does not truth make.

I want to hear everyone’s experience how else to we work out what works ‘best’, what truly is ‘best’, What is ‘best’? ,etc Obviously those who have been doing it longest have the most experiences to draw on. One thing I learnt not long ago maybe a year or two ago.

Always assume everything you think you know could be wrong. Have opinions, back your instincts, but listen to the evidence and be open to being wrong.

Back to the thread - definitely want to hear peoples opinions on creating coil builds for MTL and flavour?

2 Likes

Just so your aware i obviously know thwt you can get good flavor out of a single coil i posted a single coil pucture and i am not in a pissing compition with you all i said was i get my best flavor key word my off alien coils all stainless steele made by my friend ray-mo-2u instagram handle thats all if you or anyone else gets a great vape from something else than more power to you whatever keeps you off cigs and further more he was asking for different opinions not just one persons many people. Because just like juice what tastes good to me may not to someone else and so on and not to mention there are so many different tanks menthods rda’s ect for anyone person to claim to be an exspert at all and i really couldnt cate if you have wicked a double helixed corrigated staggerton in every flavor rda on the planet who are you and why am i even in this pissing compition with you definetly a waste of my time typing this and letting your veiws take up any of my time my bad…

1 Like

holy run on sentence, or is it a paragraph of multiple sentences… I can’t tell.

2 Likes

And of coarse if you want to make your own aliens that is the chiepest way to go and probably the most self fufilling but it can be time consuming and i spend my tume making juice

i hear you @too_tall , i’ll put your suggestion on the to try list. I may fit my needs, i’ll also try the other recomendations and compare my experiences like @ozo feedback.

Back to topic boys.

i’m kind of excited to try and make my own wires. I’ll buy some first so I can see what they look like first hand I think. Do you think your guy will ship to Australia for a reasonable price?

Not sure how much shipping is but the coils dont weigh much i trade juice for the ones i get personally aliens are much harder than clapton coils because you wrap your leads with de cored clapton wire wich makes it much more tricky claptons are much easier to make and close with flavor but obviously if you vape at 15w then an alien isnt for you but depending on the gauges used 65+ watts is perfect and i am sure if advanced vape supply ships internationally then you should be good they are a pretty big repudible company

got a link?

I have the Clouper 80w TC since they first came out. It looks like junk but still works like a charm. Dual 18650’s and not much bigger than a pack of cigarettes. It’s one of two mods that have yet to give me trouble, the other one is the Ohm Wrecker 151 and I’ve had that since they first came out and zero troubles with it. A bit bigger but tough and reliable.

3 Likes

I am not that internet savy sorry but there may br a coilsmith some where around you so you dont have to pay obscene prices on shipping i couldnt imagine paying crazy shipping on everything i just ordered $130 worth of stuff from nicotine river with frew shipping i cant imagine what that order of flavor concentrate would cost for you.

1 Like

Does. Grammar really matter on elr? If so then do I even want to participate???

5 Likes

The Clouper GT80w TC was my first Box Mod and likewise [quote=“Beaufort_Batches, post:52, topic:96307”]
works like a charm
[/quote]

I’ve got the istick 100w and 200w TC and Reuleaux RX200s and run SS coils exclusively and they all can jump off TC back to wattage mode at any given time…but my beloved GT? NUNCA!.. never :thumbsup:

…but i actually love the style of it… Looks like an antique to me and looks a treat with my Kennedy 22

I think if they made a Box Mod in the 50’s this is what it would have looked like :grin:

2 Likes

mate, there are trolls everywhere on the net… and i’m not talking about the RDA :wink:

2 Likes

looks like a sony walkman!!!

2 Likes

yeh… pretty retro, eh? :grin:

1 Like

i was trying to think of what it reminded me of before i made the post… I think you nailed it! :+1:

1 Like

I have two mods that are pretty great. First off I have the “Lasimo L1 200watt temp. control mod” it uses 2 18650 batteries and I use the Efest 35amp 3000mAh just make sure to mark them so they are married to the mod. With a good temp. control mod box you always want to marry the batteries so they always go back in the same slot in the battery compartment. I actually have 4 of the exact same batteries and they are marked A1,A2 and B1,B2. This way I can keep a married set in the mod and still always have a set charged. This mod will support Ni 200, Stainless, and Titanium in temp. control and I normally use my Stainless coils on wattage just as I would Nichrome 80. I can vape hard almost all day on this mod on 1 set of batteries using high temp tanks like the Smok TFV8 around 100-140 watts but I really prefer the RTA tanks now that I am more experienced. I enjoy making the coils as a hobby and you can invest about $30-$40 bucks in some wire and cotton and you have enough to make coils for a year. That beats the heck out of buying a 5 pack of manufactured coils for around $20 bucks and a coil will only last a week or two depending on how much you vape on it, and that is not even mentioning if you want to change flavor. You just about can’t do it on a manufactured coil unless you clean your tank and put a new coil in for your new flavor and as long as you don’t get your coils mixed up you can put the first one back in if you go back to your original flavor. I have never had good luck getting the flavor right trying to change juice flavor on the same coil. If you are using an RTA, all you have to do is wash out your tank, clean the coils and re-wick with new cotton and you are good to go.
My second mod is the SMOK Alien 220watt. I love that mod. I also have 2 sets of batteries that are married to it and right now I am using the “TF-RTA” tank which I built a pair of 26gauge dual parallel coils and it vapes like a champ on 38watts with clouds of smoke to match any of the high watt coils and has super flavor. I am using the “Custard Doughnut, Isle of Custard Clone” juice that I made myself. The Alien will fire and tank you put on it and I use 2 35amp 18650 batteries in it.
I did have a Joytech Cuboid but the 510 connector is for crap on that mod and they only last a couple of months or so before you start getting “No Atomizer” errors or “Check Coil” and you can take the tank straight off and put it on another mod and it works fine. I would stay away from the Cuboid. I did however, order the new Reuleaux with the DNA 200 chip in it but I am waiting on it to get here so I can try it out. I want to try out the new software for the DNA200 chip (Escribe). It is supposed to be great for fine tuning temp. control on your mod.
A lot of people like the SMOK R200 but the way the battery door slides on keeps tearing the wraps off of my batteries and I am not going to keep paying $16 for a pair of batteries or having to buy new wrap material and rewrap the batteries for a $45 dollar mod. If you are looking for a good all around mod then you can’t beat the SMOK Alien. I can’t think of a single con for that mod and you can pick one up for about $50-$60 bucks now that they have been out for a while.

4 Likes