Have you ever

Rocky Mountain Oysters, Mountain Oysters or Prairie Oysters depending on what area you are from. Also Bull Fires, Lamb Fries or Pig Fries depending on what animal they are taken from.

3 Likes

Probably my favorites are just about any sweet peppers, sweat some sweet Vidalia onions with the peppers & 2 Links of Sweet Italian Sausage on a Sweet “crunchy” Roll and either Red Sauce, Then a nice thick layer of Provolone cheese. And OMG !!
BTW, might you have a recipe called “Sausage, Peppers and Onions Sandwich” I’d like to see somebody mix up a vapeable of Sausage Peppers and Onions and the rest of the ingredients.

2 Likes

Not a fan of jellied savouries but this is pretty normal.

For the pepper lovers, 'nduja, the calabrese soft sausage is something worth trying. On bread with oil or on a wood fired pizza.

What about snails?

1 Like

I’ve had snails before, I wasn’t too impressed but it probably comes down to cooking technique, I used to hate scallops till I had them cooked right, same with octopus and squid.

3 Likes

national delicacy, at every fun fair there are stalls where you can buy them. Escargots and those tiny small snails, dunno what you call them in English.
Also a big fan of the bigger snails … conchs

2 Likes

I’m sure some here are going to be grossed out lol :smiley:
You should really try them one day though, they’re really really delicious!

1 Like

Conch are sea molluscs, right?

I am a big fan of land snails with parsley butter.

1 Like

Indeed, they’re often hunted for their shells because they have that pearly inside… really gorgeous.
But the meat is also great and you can prepare it in a lot of different ways. Even fresh out of the sea, cut it up and have it raw.
Unlike the smaller snails, this thing has quite a bit of flavor by itself and doesn’t really need a herby sauce.

2 Likes