How do you stir your mix? Poll / Thoughts

Hey Bdude, you spilled some :laughing: :arrow_upper_right:ļø

4 Likes

stupid pipettes!

3 Likes

@Bikerdude you really need to print in landscape :laughing:

2 Likes

I have a modified Jigsaw I used for all of my hobby paints that has been rigged with a quick clamp. It shakes the juice like no other.

2 Likes

Those ā€œprivateā€ recipes arenā€™t private any moreā€¦ :grin:

2 Likes

Dang it all!
They are all ELR recipes anyway :grinning:

1 Like

That makes a ton of sense. Heat and nic donā€™t mix.

2 Likes

Heat and light are nicotineā€™s bane! Still havenā€™t figured out which one affects it more, but they both play a role in making it oxidize or break down faster. Youā€™d be surprised at how many people steep with heat and add nic later. I generally just try to stay ahead and let good ol Father Time do his thing in my vape cave lol. A good stir and a long rest does wonders for my precious juices!

4 Likes

Lol. What do you use the iron for?

1 Like

I use this little mixer one attachment fits right in the bottle:

2 Likes

I fill the steam tank with e-juice so I can vape while mixing without having to hold my Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalation System in my hand.
:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got the same mixer-Works a treat, dunnnit?

Thanks to everyone who voted within this poll :smiley: , I used these results for a summary video on steeping to help new mixers. In the future I hope to do more detailed videos on this but until then please let me know your thoughts :slight_smile: :

Any criticisms toward this video / any suggestions for improvements I would love to hear :stuck_out_tongue: . And thanks to @50YearsOfCigars for allowing me to use the footage of his:

4 Likes

I let YouTube play your list of uploaded videos, and am really impressed with the very professional camera work and the editing. Very well done!

I think your series is aimed at the new vaper, or someone that is just making the first steps. That is an important audience and hopefully the members of this forum can use your video library as a reference source to give to their non-vaping friends who ask ā€œWhat exactly are you doing there with that ā€˜vapingā€™?ā€ - I know I get asked that all the time, from a range of people, good friends all the way to someone that just sees me on a walk in a public park or at the lake.

You mentioned that you are working in a video of the science behind the steeping. Be sure and let us know when you get that one finished !

4 Likes

Thank you very much sir. I really appreciate the feedback. Yeah the thing is I am not an experienced vapor having only been part of the community since around January and so Iā€™m learning as I go and then hoping to upload the progress I make so that others can follow my journey and go from beginners to hopefully experts one day!

And I am really hoping that people will feel like the content produced on my channel is of a quality and standard where they can use it as a reference to others as you suggested.

And yeah but Iā€™m currently reading up on the topic and getting all the facts straight so it will take me awhile before it is released but I shall keep you in the loop :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the kind words :smiley:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s why I hesitate to use a milk frother. It could cause nicotine oxidation. Also, Iā€™m not taking of the lids during steeping. Perhaps that cause longer steeping time but Iā€™m patiente and more concern it can cause flavor loss.

So many ways! ā€œIgnorance is strengthā€ :face_with_head_bandage:

2 Likes

Hereā€™s another @Ailith what about the wake and shake method lol!

2 Likes

started doing this few months back, when iā€™m not mixing directly in the bottle, i mix in a small glass cup, stir the mix using a small plastic coffee stirrer (like you stir sugar in coffee)

somehow i feel this (home-cooking) approach gives me better results than both shaking or frothing - i still do both sometimes. guess in my mind, this is the closest to how we mix drinks or food (think: making real custard) - i do this especially if iā€™m testing a new mix, it gives me the chance (and fun) to tongue-taste the mix as i go, and up flav ratios, or add some side notes, if needed - finally i add the nic, stir again for couple minutes, then mix goes in a bottle for steeping. the difference i notice, is when I later shake the resulting mix, there isnā€™t that much bubbles of air - to me, i take this as a sign of a well-mixed juice.

1 Like

Just got the same one last night from Walmart, 2 AA batteries and I was mixing to the point of seeing nothing but white. Iā€™m loving it so far Iā€™ve mixed a couple of 120 ml batches, using Gorilla bottles. What I like is a 4 attachments fit in the bottle. Now I just sit and let em steep. Also got my scale so no mere volume mixing, nothing but weight mixing. Clean up is a breeze now.

3 Likes