How many of you use Facebook (or not)? - CLOSED

wow! Thanks for sharing!! :thumbsup:

Had no clue about that! Even though I prefer CentOSā€¦ Iā€™m not throwing stones! Lol

1 Like

Iā€™m going to attempt to root a kindle I was given as a gift. I didnā€™t study programing and have lived through win95 and driver issues up till Windows 7 and rooting a device still looks a bit intimidating.

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Iā€™ve rooted quite a few devices, and the steps/software varied on what was rooted. Please be advised, that you can always BRICK a device if it fails. Not saying it WILL happen, but COULD happen. I have one of the original Kindles (bleh) and didnā€™t have to root, just side loaded whatever apps I needed as an alternative.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve not played with CentOS yet, and am tech. not a linux guy, but whatā€™s a guy to do when the big players piss you off, and leave you hanging ? Switch !!!

3 Likes

Is it me or did it look like Kirk had a boobjob at first?

4 Likes

So true!

Make sure you read up extensively before trying such. My brother tried without doing his due diligence first (heā€™s always been the antsy type though) and he bricked his Galaxy S5. Fortunately I was able to recover it (after spending a couple of hours with ADB and a couple of other tools)ā€¦ But the whole thing could have been much smoother had he not been so damned impatient and done his homework first like I suggested. As always, the problem falls in my lap to fix. :angry:

Generally speaking though, if you stick with a trusted dev (and release package), things should go smoothly. Assuming one has done their homework, and paid attention to details. :wink:

3 Likes

Another thing to keep in mind is whether or not you care, or your rooting a Samsung will or will not trip the Knox flag. Will link below. Some roots can be UNdone and I have verified they did not trip the knox flag.

Information is powerā€¦

https://www.kingoapp.com/help/samsung-knox-counter.htm

3 Likes

The one I got is newer and has a decent screen. I wanted to try the updated baldurs gate on it.

2 Likes

Kindle Fire HD ??

2 Likes

Gentsā€¦ Not to be a downerā€¦ But, it might be a good time to take this to pm. :wink:
This is supposed to be a FB thread after all. lol

/ducks

Sorry for my part in it OP!
/Please to be excusing me yes!?

5 Likes

Jingle Hellā€™s Bells! I know what I want for XMas!

1 Like

Probably upsquish from his girdle!

Upsquish is a word, right?

1 Like

Itā€™s hard to express how much I hate FB without sounding like a hypocrite ā€“ all arguments of which will be somehow related to Google ultimately. But what it really boils down to, for me, is I can look at Google and see a corrupt company (redundancy if there ever was one) but not see the sheer scale of evil you get with FB and its userbase.

But maybe Googleā€™s various sites, apps, and algorithms are just far better at putting stuff I actually like in front of me, and most of what FB throws at me offends me. I canā€™t even deny that it could be just that, I donā€™t have the resources to test it. But I tried FB a few months ago for a couple hours ā€“ learned that everyone Iā€™m related to is a Trump supporter who wants to murder brown people, gays, and atheists ā€“ never-mind that Iā€™m two out of three. And just ā€“ not going back there man.

But what strikes me a obviously evil was ā€“ I had never been on FB before, but they had LOADs of relevant information on me when I opened an account, in all sorts of ways from showing me people I knew in college to recent posts of my favourite artists, whatever ā€“ thatā€™s scary on itā€™s own. Whatā€™s terrifying is when you get shown everything everyone youā€™ve ever known has said that would enrage you ā€“ but I went and got my mom to show me her FB experience with the same pages, itā€™s nothing but freaking dog pictures. So if I had tried to say ā€œIā€™m done with Jimmy, heā€™s a goddamned homphobic asshole.ā€ becuase I saw dozens of anti-gay pots from the past year, my mom never saw any of that, and she would not have believed me except I showed her the actual posts from my account.

Thereā€™s is something so beyond fucked up there, and itā€™s legitimately scary. FB does not just allow for, but creates worlds of alternative fact sets, while leading you to believe you see the entire picture just because of how big the picture you do see is.

So yeah, I donā€™t use FB. Ever.

4 Likes

Being the smartass that I am Iā€™d have probably said music. and left it at that, any chance we might see you as an up and comer with recording and all the accoutrements that go with it or is this love of the art gonna play donā€™t care if Iā€™m famous or not kinda thing? A guy I used to work with played for a while with Hiroshima and said it was just too much bull shit, He got out when it no longer was about the music but all about the almighty dollar. And Mike played one mean awesome sweet Saxophone. He used to play at lunch in his office. Heā€™d play then weā€™d talk about what ever group/song heā€™d played, sometimes I miss that shit. Me I love most of it, just canā€™t make myself hang with RAP, not even music IMHO, but to each his own. Lastly What do you play and do you follow Avery Molek on Utube? that kidā€™s amazing.

2 Likes

Do my friends suck well. Comparitively NO, thatā€™s why I bought them

2 Likes

I havenā€™t heard of him but will def check it out. Thanks. Both bands have toured before and currently working on new material. Not famous lol.

1 Like

INfamous!
:laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Not a huge fan but i cleaned out one of my old game accounts to use for the ELR facebook group. I have 5 friends, yeah, im pretty popular.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot to everyone who took part in this survey/poll.

4 Likes