Hurricane Vapor selling their recipes

I’m assuming it is? Didn’t say specifically, but that has to be it.

2 Likes

that was my first thought :frowning:

It’s a tough situation. I would be pissed if I had paid $100 for something just for it to be offered for free to everyone else. But they had to know it would happen before they put them up for sale? I’ve never even heard of them before this tbh.

2 Likes

i have not either but i havent heard of most of these places

What did they think would happen?

3 Likes

I feel like I created a monster. I started this thread but, for the record, I never suggested or was it my intent that the recipes be posted for free once they were purchased. My intent was only to let people know the recipes were for sale if anyone was interested and to offer to pay for one or two of the recipes.

7 Likes

No, wasn’t you @Mercury1. The “book” was leaked over on reddit many hours before you created this thread. Also on Facebook.

5 Likes

I feel even worse, mate! As I suggested a group buy and then free sharing… :cry: See, that’s what happens when I don’t think thorougly before typing. I feel sorry for @Tworrs and others who have paid for it. But as @MysticRose said, it was leaked on reddit before you posted this.
In this time and age, it was to be expected someone would share it sooner or later. To be honest, it was a bit naive of them to offer the recipe book for 100$ and expect to take any considerable profit home. Whether we like it or not, that’s how things work now.

5 Likes

Cest la vie.

I get that they wanted to try and make a last buck or two before they shut down and a lot of time and effort went into making those recipes, but it would have been better and created a lot more goodwill in the vaping community if they had simply given the recipes out to anyone who wanted them like Open Source Vapor did. It’s silly of them to think that once in the hands of a few it wouldn’t get leaked to the world…this is the internet, nothing is sacred. Now, those who paid for it are frustrated, those who suggested sharing the cost feel guilty, HV is angry because it was leaked, and those who shared it I’m sure don’t care.

But, like @Tworrs said…such is life.

7 Likes

Now that these recipes are pretty much “public domain”, how will ELR deal with them? Can they be added to the recipe db? Are they already in there?

1 Like

If you use Juice Calculator found at:

it will calculate the individual flavor %. Keep the Flavoring to Make in the HV Recipe Book at 100 ml, and use the ‘ml to add’ numbers in the Juice Calculator.

For example, Dragon’s Fluff (the only recipe that I have all the ingredients for), is dragonfruit ml to add is 23, sweetener is 23, and marshmallow is 54. I make a new recipe in Juice Calculator with my normal PG/VG/Nic %'s, add the ingredients at 0%, then hit the Flavor % button. As suggested in a previous post, I’ll start by making the total percentage of flavor at 15%. This gives me dragonfruit and sweetener at 3.45% each, and marshmallow at 8.1%. Just to make sure, I checked it doing the math the long way as well as used Cosmictruth’s calculator, and came up with the same numbers. This lets me add the recipe and get the flavor % all at once.

im sure you will start seeing adapted recipes i cant imagine to many people using the high sweetener pcts but as far as listing them as flavors each individual can create a stone in their flavor stash

1 Like

Should be same as always credit to the guy who made them,even better set it up as hes recipie book so he gets the kudos deserved.

1 Like

I found this on Reddit… The HV Recipe Book With Percentages.xlsx

2 Likes

I was looking at that last night,is it me or do all the recipies add upto 10%?

1 Like

I noticed that myself. Considering these are TPA flavors i’d double the % and try a tester of that. Or plug in the percentages as is and make a flavor base, then test various % of that base to see if it’s OK.

Hell who really know. I’d be pissed if I payed $100 for this crap.

3 Likes

To me it almost looks like the real formula to that spread sheet is still in the guys head and only he knows how to use it,id be pissed too if id paid all that money expecting real recipies .

What do people make of a couple of the ingredients and manufacturers

Black Fire (Ecig Express) should it be Flavourart?

OakWood (TPA) should it be Flavourart? can’t find TPA ever having manufactured this as a concentrate? Just Red Oak

Black Fire is indeed FA. I think they just sourced it from Ecig ex.
Ive ordered black fire and the other couple flavors I needed to make some twilight cavendish, hopefully will be here tomorrow.
Ive heard hurricane has said to mix at 15% flavor percentage but then seen a couple guys on reddit who say they figured out how to tell the percentages based off the “parts” column and that twilight needed 20%

Anyone have thoughts on this?

1 Like