Koopor and firmware updates

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/NU-LINK-PRO/NU-LINK-PRO-ND/3065247

So what your saying is I need to spend $50.00 on a cable to upgrade a $30.00 mod?

1 Like

It’s USB and the same firmware upgrade tool as the XCube 2 (not their new beta program)…

1 Like

some people don’t have that or an xcube so no need to have the update tools we have?

Can you please explain how to do this? I am confused on how this works after reading koopor web site.

I’m not koopor is… lol I know it makes no sense @Darthvapor posted a tutorial on updating the xcube2 and it has a link to a g-drive w all the files you’ll need…

Whats a G drive? When I plug my mini into the usb nothing happens at all.

Google drive… it’s kinda like a cloud…a place where people can share folders and stuff…

Will the xcube updates work on the mini?

Nope, Koopor will have their own firmwares (based on the XCube’s I think) - but the first firmware updater released by SMOK for the XCube is the same one that you can use to upgrade the Koopor’s. I don’t think an update has actually been released for the Koopor mini (and the Plus was only just released)…

1 Like

Thanks for splitting the thread

Saying they need a special tool might be a translation error, as they could be referring to the software as this “tool”. After letting consumers attempt to do it on their own, they may have decided it wasn’t worth the bad PR, and are only distributing the software to their local distributors?

1 Like

@Cloyce you might be right - Before I was sure you could upgrade without the NuLink-dongle, but now I am not so sure :stuck_out_tongue: Problem is that all firmware talk about koopor right now is regarding the mini, not the Plus - but the Plus might be the same way… BUT the Plus comes with a USB-cable, so I suspect that that one is upgradable.

1 Like

I’ve done every thing they said but it doesn’t work with out the dongle. So I guess no updates for me.

1 Like

Went to the Evic Vtc web site and checked there upgrade and its so simple, Wish koopors was that easy.

Would like to say Thank You to everyone that helped me(the retard) with understanding how this works.

2 Likes

Yes, that is super annoying for the Koopor Mini users :frowning: I really hope the Plus-version is easily upgradable!

1 Like

@Cloyce sorry to hear about all the hassle your having, its so frustrating. I think smok with the x cube and the koopors, are really damaging there brand. Theres loads of ppl that will not be returning to them for mods, it just doesn’t make sense. Do they want to go out of business? Because thats the way its going they will.
Best of luck.

1 Like

There is always a lot controversy about SMOK mods. I hear more negative comments about SMOK than all others combined. Fact is they don’t make user friendly mods that’s simple to use. To setup a SMOK mod takes patience and work. It also take away a lot of the joy of vaping. I really wish they had kept it simple because they lost my business with all this petty nonsense. I hope the Kooper is less problematic than the XCube2 has been. Maybe that’s why they sell them so cheap… an offset for all the BS the users has to deal with. The features make it sound very attractive until you try to make it work.

2 Likes

@daath , I know you are a very, very, busy man, but I am just curious as to when we might see the review on the Koopor Plus…I have not seen a review for it anywhere yet and I have been looking on an almost daily basis…I ordered one but I have to wait for it until around the end of November and I have no patience!

1 Like

Yes, I will post a review - I think next week. Expect it to perform more or less like the XCube 2, but without the upgrade/activation/app hassle. The software guts of the device is based on the XCube 2, and it seems to function as expected :smile:

I forgot that I had a pre-order of the Koopor Plus as 3fvape, so I have one coming as well (they already sent it!). I may have to sell the one I have coming :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes