Liquid Labs (30% FLASH SALE GOING ON NOW!)

I am using the VG based concentrates.I have mixed a total of four recipes and have vaped them exclusively now for two weeks.In total about 240ml worth.
I have yet to experience any muting of flavors IMO.I do need to try more of my Glazed Blueberry Muffin before I can pass complete judgement on all the ones I mixed with Vapor Base.
I think on some tart or bitter flavors the Vapor Base will mute over time like others have posted.I have only tested on my usual desert type and am very happy with the results.
I do wish I had more control on the viscosity and I hope that you will eventually consider selling the pure PDO .I am sure your sales would increase with that option.

I have also found that I must vigorously shake any VG based flavorings before mixing AND vigorously shake the finished liquid before vaping or I will get muted flavors.This was recommended by @Ken_O_Where and @A_B_Dada when using cinnamon flavorings and IMO I feel it makes a huge difference on all I have tried it on.

3 Likes

Good to know. VG flavors work really well with VaporBase. I still need to test the PDO flavors myself. Just trying to find the time!

Keep us in the loop with your findings. I really appreciate you testing everything out for us like this.

Might have to throw that photo up on our Instagram if thatā€™s cool with you. Maybe you could take another photo of that lineup of liquids with a bottle of VaporBase in there too?

3 Likes

Thank you for being part of the community.Feel free to use any photos of mine.Hope these will work .

5 Likes

Yes I would be interested in trying a thicker version as the current one is just way to thin for me even using 100% VG flavors

3 Likes

Count me in on this as well, I can do the comparison with the VG flavoring as well that Iā€™ve been working with Real Flavors on.

2 Likes

I would like in on that as well, if thatā€™s possible.

2 Likes

After nearly 2 weeks I feel the recipe I created has changed all it will. Somehow this is actually a harsher vape than making my recipes with regular PG/VG. I suspect thatā€™s due to some amplification of the Toasted Almond flavor which can be a bit harsh when used at higher percentages. Overall, my Queenā€™s Dowry recipe just tastes different. So, although I would love to brag on Vapor Base for all itā€™s wonderful qualities, the fact is that (according to my tests thus far) some flavors will be more intense while others remain as usual per ordinary PG. This will not do for me - in other words my sensitivity to PG is not so severe as to warrant relearning my flavors for use in Vapor Base. However, if I did need to substantially limit PG then I would be not only willing but also eager to relearn my flavors, because this stuff has eliminated the runny nose I get using the standard. So Iā€™m not being negative towards it, rather stating there is an obvious trade off and I canā€™t personally justify relearning everything I know for the benefit of being rid of a minor nuisance. Iā€™m still eager to hear what others think and if itā€™s all in my head that some but not all flavors will need to have quantities used adjusted.

5 Likes

Thank you very much for your results. I am finding much the same thing. It seems to certainly have differing affects on different flavors. I think itā€™s a benefit in S&V eliquid overall, making them much better. But anything with a steep is going to require reworking. I am still testing though. I would love to make this work as it helps my sore throat issues tremendously. Might be worth it for me and others with PG issues like you said. Still undecided. Iā€™m waiting for the thicker version to test more.

3 Likes

That is what I want to see and test as well. I think this product has a lot of potential for us folk that are PG sensitive. I was fine with 70/30 for a long time then 80/20 but now 10% PG is the max and if it gets worse this PDO could end up my only option.

My true preference would be to get a sample of straight PDO to do some of my own testing with.

4 Likes

Okay first off pardon me for being a newb but I read through this thread and got a wee bit confusedā€¦ my understanding is this is going to make it easier to mix I just buy the base in my nicotine level and add my flavours and im good to goā€¦ but recipes vary in the percentage of flavours used all the way from like 8% to 26% or more so my nicotine level would be different for each oneā€¦ I also read the custom to have a final product the right nicotine level but then i would need to order a bunch of different onesā€¦ Would I have to order a really high nicotine one and the a zero nic one and dilute it based and the percentage of flavoring used to have a consistent nic level?

Also the claim that the viscosity level would be good for all attyā€™s kinda weirds me out as my brother needs thick liquids in his due to his huge juice holes or it leaks like crazy? Its the only thing he is picky about I can hand him the worst tasting juice and he will vape it cause he is cheap and its free but if its to thin he dont want it

Sorry not trying to be overly critical im just trying to wrap my brain around it, and well I guess I dont do change well lol. and it one of the great things aboiut dyi is you have complete control and it seems you lose some of that going this route.

4 Likes

Personally I think you should let the mixers here help you out by giving the ones wanting to experiment with different viscosities on there own using pure PDO samples provided by Liquid Labs for the purpose of getting good solid R&D feedback from a variety of different mixers with different needs relating to the best viscosity to suit there needs. This could possibly provide you with valuable information on how best to expand your customer base. Win Win for us all.

If you were willing to do something like this you can place me on the top of the list to provide you with good feedback on the viscosity issue.

2 Likes

Your not confused at all and the reason many of us would like to see this done differently than what they are currently offering.

2 Likes

:smirk: well being new there was a possibility there was something I was missing lol

I am starting to see a definite pattern with all of our findings using Vapor Base.I see this product being a huge benefit as well as a huge hurdle depending on the situation.
I am sure it will help those with a PG sensitivity problem and the mixers like myself that are more into the custard desert type vapes.
I am finding the Cakes ,Cookies ,Creams , and Custards work well with VB.I am not seeing much change from a freshly mixed recipe compared to a recipe with a couple of weeks steeping.I am not seeing a huge difference in the way of flavor strength increasing or muting in my limited tests thus far.This I like , it would be great to use less flavors and have it increase with time but there is something to said about a recipe that tastes the same for the ones who like the shake and vapes.
I am also finding as others that VB will tone down certain flavors like Apple , Blueberry , and Strawberry. IMO they lose some of the tartness and the muting somewhat increases with time.This will be a huge problem for the mixers who love complex recipes, especially those with sweet and sour flavor profiles.This is only a theory as of now but I am seeing a pattern from the wonderful notes people are providing.
It would be great if we could try varying the percentages of the base to see if we could eliminate the negatives.
I am going to try VB with the Castle Long clone that @SthrnMixer has posted for us and see how it changes.
Thank everyone for the notes and please let me know if you think I am way off base.

1 Like

Exactly. So if you bought the 3 mg base, your final mixes would be anywhere from 2.76 mg to 2.22 mg (or less). So if having an exactly 3 mg liquid is really important to you, this product seems less ideal. You could always get the next tier up in concentration and cut it down with VG to get exactly 3 (or whatever) mg, but then youā€™re getting less PDO in the mix, and that seems counter to the purpose of this base to me. YMMV.

3 Likes

My mixes that I have tested varied from 8%-18% flavoring IIRC , I normally vape at 3mg.I used the 3mg base so this made mine vary from 2.4-2.8mg again IIRC.This wasnā€™t a problem for me but with the degree of variation of yours I would order a stronger nicotine base level and set it up to use max VG.This isnā€™t hard to do and if you go this route we can walk you through it.

This could be a problem with the way VB is set up now.The only working solution at of now is to order a nicotine base stronger than what you normally vape so you can thicken it with pure VG.

I agree when you add up everything unless I had to use a PG free base due to sensitivity I probably would hold off on VB as of now.
The selling point of VB is the added convenience of not having to mix PG/VG and Nicotine and just simply add your flavors.If you have to thicken with VG to get the right viscosity and then cut to lower your Nicotine then I would continue to mix as before without VB.

3 Likes

thats what I was thinking but the lack of steep time on creams and custards certainly peeked my interest as all my favorites are creams and custards and im sooo not a patient person lolā€¦ but the fact that it effects other flavours differently means im going to have to wait and see as Im just getting a handle on flavours right now as it is. Thanks @BoyHowdy :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would order the 30ml free sample if it is still available and order in a higher nicotine strength to test.The unknown is how much PDO will do the trick to reduce the steeping.

1 Like

yeah I will have to look to see if ordering is even available here :frowning:

2 Likes

@Anonymiss I should have added more about my thoughts on VB and steeping. My opinion is there is no magic solution to steeping including VB. I thought in the beginning of testing that VB was eliminating the need to steep.It is proven that it is a better flavor carrier than VG and this helps with the mixing.I am certain this helps eliminate some time that was needed for VG to connect to the flavor molecules.
Now for my personal thoughts.I think the same reason that some are having better luck than others with VB is related to the properties of 1,3 propanediol. We steep to help the flavors blend or meld together with our base.The PDO is actually eliminating bitterness so it does make a smoother vape right from the beginning but when it eliminates the bitterness it also eliminates some of the flavoring IMO. My cakes, cookies, custards , and creams do not have much bitterness to begin with other than the nicotine so eliminating that makes it smoother and makes it seem like the mix has been steeped.
On mixes that have fruits and complex flavors such as a sweet and sour flavor profile if you eliminate bitterness you are also eliminating some of the the flavors we wish to keep.An example would be the tartness of a apple ,the sour notes of a lemon and the list goes on an on.
I am just a vapor and these are just my thoughts so take them with a grain of salt.I hope I am completely wrong in my thinking about this.I would love to hear the thoughts from the others testing VB.
@MysticRose @SthrnMixer @wvsanta @dwdh586 @Ken_O_Where @BoDarc

4 Likes