Liquid Labs (30% FLASH SALE GOING ON NOW!)

I appreciate you willing to give us another chance. I’ll get a 120ml of 0mg VB sent your way. My manufacturer is aware of these problems and has implemented better QC measures to prevent any problems from happening in the future. Sorry again for the hassle.

Looks like I get to have another chat with my manufacturer now. So sorry that you received a bad blend, I wish there was more I could do to prevent it personally, but manufacturing is not something I handle myself. The goal is to get to the point where I can do everything in house so problems like this don’t arise.

I am happy to replace whatever you ordered if you are interested in that. Sorry for the f**k up.

3 Likes

If your manufacturer has poor quality control you really need to look for another lab… this isnt fruit juices we are mixing here, nicotine is a very dangerous substance your manufacture could potentially hospitalize someone or worse with this kind of carelessness. Yes im giving you a hard time but honestly im not sure your understanding the seriousness of mislabelled nicotine strength you don’t need to have a chat with the manufacturer you need to demand they work with you to put quality control measures in place to ensure this does not happen again.

3 Likes

Obviously we botched these orders and that’s inexcusable, but when have we ever insisted to be “the best”? VaporBase is just a simple alternative to mixing your own PG/VG blends, and that’s the only way we’ve ever marketed it. The main goal is ease of use, not creating a “premium” product like every other bottle of juice is labeled as these days.

The exact ratio of the ingredients is something we choose to keep private, just like Coca-Cola and many other companies do. When we release the thicker version, we will still keep the exact blend a trade secret. We are transparent about our ingredients, pricing, and production time as well as anything else you’d like to know.

As I posted earlier, we are working on offering PDO on it’s own right now as I type this. There’s just some details that need to be smoothed out before we can put it up for sale. Give it a couple weeks and it will be available. Then everyone can make whatever blends they want and add their own Nic so that they’re fully in control of their PG free recipes.

You are free to tell anyone you talk to about the issues that have come up with certain orders of VaporBase, I would too if I were you. But I’d appreciate a little bit of patience for a new and growing company, especially when I’m here listening and responding to everyone so we can work out the kinks that come up along the way.

2 Likes

I have to say that @VaporBase replies have been responsive and appear to recognize the problem and are reacting to it. Not to say that what has happened is OK though, it is most certainly not.

I don’t have a problem with PG but that may not be the case in the future so I am rooting for an alternative in case that day comes.

I really hope you clear up these problems ASAP, it makes me uneasy to think what might happen if it is not.

4 Likes

Trust me, I understand the severity of the situation. There’s a lot of time, money, and heart involved with building this company, and failing due to my manufacturer’s lack of QC is a major issue to me. I am not taking it lightly. More than just a chat will be had, that was just a euphemism.

The fact that I have to waste my time looking for new manufacturers less than two months into business is pretty ridiculous. If anyone has any recommendations for private label e-liquid companies, I’m all ears.

4 Likes

Takes a big person to personally apologize. I appreciate & accept it. I am not wanting anything other than a safer practice from your side. I realize it is out of your control but you must realize that something as simple as labeling can be life threatening - for obvious reason I could have but I didn’t vape 100 mg/ml considering an outrageous example. I want you to be able to offer a safe product with a guarantee.

We all screw up biggest part is getting back up and correcting the things we can change in order for it to not happen again. I hope for LL’s sake it doesn’t someone could most certainly go about reeking havoc I am not about that. Just want safer practices in place and most companies believe it or not have had a major screw or two and are still around.

6 Likes

None of this is OK. I am probably more angry than any customer who has received a problematic order right now. This is not how I want my company to be ran. I am doing everything I can to fix it right now, and believe me when I say I lose sleep over it every night.

6 Likes

pdo on its own could potentially be that solution and Liquid labs doesnt make pdo they are simply mixing it with vg and nicotine and then selling it as their own “base”… If they can’t get a handle on the quality control at the manufacturer they are using there are always other sources of it to be had… hopefully they go back and light a fire under the manufacturers butt about this and effective QC measures get put in place

2 Likes

Thank you Amy. I will replace anything you ordered because we owe that to you. You paid for a product and it was not delivered in an acceptable state. Plus you wasted flavors and bottles and time on it. I want to make this right (I know I sound like a broken record at this point). Please email me at evan@liquidlabs.us and let me know what you’d like me to send out to replace the VB you had to dump.

I already had one long call with my manufacturer this morning. Now I get to repeat that tomorrow. I’d like to have them tighten up their QC so i can keep working with them, but if they can’t get it under control we will have to bring our business somewhere else.

5 Likes

Literally texting my contact at the lab right now at 11:46pm. He’s not happy, I’m not happy… This will get fixed because I’m sure they don’t want to lose our business.

And yes, there’s no way the pure PDO could get messed up. All that would be done is ordering it in mass bulk, then breaking it down into smaller containers for each individual order. No mixing or nicotine involved whatsoever. That would be left up to each formulator to add on their own.

6 Likes

Evan, Thank you I do appreciate but will decline your offer at this time.

There is a certain large Nicotine company out of Ca. that had a major major issue about a year ago…they fixed their issue but didn’t fix the customer side of things I know of a handful of ppl who won’t even spew their name d/t this debacle point is they did lose some customer base relations but they have turned it around and have made revisions and still make a quality product. I am sure your company will be just fine, heads may have to roll in order to get it to where you want it but in order for you to not lose sleep sometimes you’ve got to be business and nothing else. Good Luck !

8 Likes

Okay good you do get it :slight_smile: I really hope you can get the qc fixed having run my own business I can certainly understand the lack of sleep over it and how frustrating it would be…

6 Likes

Ok, no problem. If you ever do want a replacement just email me and I’ll get you taken care of.

4 Likes

I will fix this, I can assure you of that.

2 Likes

Firstly, I’m glad you are ok @Amy2 I bet that was a shock.

VaporBase is a new start up business and like all new business they will have problems in the first 12 mouths and learn by them.

I think if you are going to be testing a new product form a new company a nicotine testing kit is a must, even if the nicotine on the label is correct your finished juice will not and my need topping up with VG nicotine.

I don’t think you should give up on VaporBase as this could help more people that are PG sensitive.

Evan, get batch numbers on your products then when there is an error you can trace it.

10 Likes

@VaporBase
You may want to give www.moleculelabs.com a look.
They are the mixer/bottler/mfg for many e-liquid lines ( I believe all Cuttwood e-liquids are mixed by them) . From what I understand, they handle distribution as well.
I guess what surprises me most, is the timing of your entry into the industry. We all may be sunk or sinking after August 8 when the FDA’s “Deeming Regulations” come into effect.

Last edit:
I would also suggest you and your manufacturer get your collective shit in one sock before somebody gets hurt and you find yourselves having to defend in a forum more severe than that of public opinion.

9 Likes

I know I’m being hard on you. Not nearly as hard as an attorney though.

As a fellow business owner I can sympathize with your position. However, whether or not it’s your intention, you are kind of passing the buck in terms of responsibility. And it’s not a “kink” as you say - this stuff can kill if improperly handled!. If you are going to market something with a potentially poisonous component, then you can’t let go of the control of assuring what is being sent out with your name on it is proper and accurately described. Ultimately you are responsible. Outsourcing the production is one thing, but in the event of a lawsuit, controls are going to be looked at hard as I’m sure you’re aware. With luck these were isolated incidents and nothing more negative or damning comes up. But if I put myself in your shoes, my first move is figuring out how to take more control of QC so this never happens again and at the same time finding out exactly which orders have suspect labeling and contacting each customer. Treat it as though you sent out hand grenades instead of pacifiers, or something like that. Because the headline could read Mother of poisoned toddler says she thought her e-liquid was very low nicotine strength.

5 Likes

@SthrnMixer The name Liquid Labs made me think they were processing the separate ingredients on site and having full control, re-reading this thread it seems they are just re-bottling.

You make a very good point about the strength of nicotine, we take totally different precautions when we know the strength of the nicotine we are dealing with.

2 Likes

Hmmmm. I’ve done a lot of reading here. I havnt bought anything myself, but at this point won’t. Not for awhile.

Of course trust is an issue here. Trust/respect can be earned and lost.

At this point, if I were a customer…I would want to see a recall and refund. Hopefully not all shipped items weren’t bad, but can we say they weren’t?

I know the above is a shot in the dark. Maybe it’s lesson learned for all of us to test our nic products every time recieving a new shipment. But I do believe that is what it would take to make it right. Not just heads to roll, not just a its a qc issue, but a full ownership of the problem.

Evan, I do wish you the best of luck. I do believe you are frustrated and saddened by these errors and posts. There is light at the end of the tunnel and as mentioned earlier…get the issues fix, earn back your trust, and people will love you for it.

6 Likes