Looking for a good Blueberry recipe

I can’t seem to find a decent Blueberry recipe. Just Blueberry. All I can find are creams, waffles or muffin recipes where Bavarian Cream seems to be the top-note flavour, even though there’s a higher %age of blueberry flavours (though Smurf soup is pretty good) . Any ideas?
I have FA Bilberry, TPA Blueberry Wild, TPA Blueberry Extra & CAP Blueberry.
Many thanks

1 Like

following…

alright if i where to put a straight blueberry recipe together with what you have i would start with something like this.
blueberry extra (TPA) 4%
blueberry wild (TPA) 5%
bilberry (FA) 1%
hope this helps!

4 Likes

Thanks Cutlass92. I’ll give that a go. I have many other flavourings besides the blueberry ones mentioned if needs be.

1 Like

Not a problem, let us know how that turn out!

I really like the blueberry in this, you can add whatever you want. I replace the pear fa with Quince sometimes and the yogurt with menthol. I think it’s a pretty solid BB.

2 Likes

Thanks therabidweasel. Looks good. I may give that a go sometime - have none of those flavours at the moment though.

Cutlass92 - I will let you know but I have a tank full of my own version of Smurf Soup which I am really enjoying so don’t hold your breath :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get it bro, no rush, just curious how those percentages work out.

Cutlass92. I tried your suggestion. It was okay but I feel it needs something else besides the blueberry flavours to give it a bit of a kick. I wouldn’t like to use it as my all day vape. I’m really trying to re-create a commercial e juice that at least two, possibly three, local manufactures have created - they’re all pretty much the same, all just labeled ‘Blueberry’ and taste great so I thought it might be a well known recipe. Thanks again for your suggestion.

1 Like

No problem, what’s it missing? The flavor will mature after a week or two.

I don’t know what it’s missing. I haven’t got close to what I’m looking for. I let it steep for about 4 days before vaping so I’ll try it again in a week or two.

1 Like

Are you looking for more bite, more tart, more sweet, or just a different flavor all together?

Cutlass, it’s hard to say. More tart perhaps, if I had to say something. Would love to send some to a master mixer who may be able to recreate it. But don’t worry about it I have the Smurf Soup recipe which is a great alternative. Only problem - there’s not much of a throat hit with it.

1 Like

Bump up the pg if you want more throat hit, you might want to try adding boysenberry or maybe some blue raspberry. You could add some sour wizard. I know where are a few other fruit flavorings that will add that tart you are looking for.

2 Likes

Perhaps a touch of lemon or lime would help get u closer to where you’re looking to go. Should add a touch of tartness and help the BB to pop a bit more

2 Likes

Yep, I’d add lime, and/or banana. I’ve heard that banana (just a touch) can help bring out blueberry.

2 Likes

I’ve tried higher PG before but stopped doing that for some reason I can’t remember. I will revisit that option though. Do you think a little Citrus Punch (TPA) would help the TH?
I’ve no banana at the moment but have lemon/lime (CAP) so may try that What about Citrus Punch? Would that work Thanks all.

3 Likes

Made this as a final recipe and it turned out great! Ive tried many blueberry variants, but this is my best by far. Worth a try.

2 Likes

Thanks Aunvik. I have all but three of the flavours required so I’ll give it a go. I may initially try by substituting Blueberry (Inawera) for Blueberry (CAP).

2 Likes

You can try that. The inawera blueberry is alot stronger and 2 % might be in the lower end of what CAP is recommended at. But it doesnt stand alone as there are 2 others in combo. Regards Marius

1 Like