Lorann's Cheesecake opinions

Ok so I recently bought Loran’s cheesecake and used it in conjunction with caps cheesecake and graham crust cheesecake but not really getting much flavor out of it! Used it at 3./. And ny at 3./.! Hoping it would be better then 5 ny and 3 graham crust cheesecake but not the case! Anyone else have this issue? It does add a nice mouth feel but that’s really all I notice.

2 Likes

I usually use it with LA’s Cream Cheese Icing, to help push it along, but by itself, it’s just kinda, meh… I really don’t care for any of the “cheesecake” flavors out there, as far as, what they’re intended to be. They aren’t bad flavors but I have yet to have one where I say, wow! I feel like I just bit into a cheesecake! The graham cracker flavors help mimic a flavor of cheesecake, but only the crust.

I usually use TFA’s GC crust, LA’s CC and the icing, plus a yogurt and/or Hangsen’s Italian cream to add the tang. FLV’s Frosting is great too, but I just got it and still messing with it

8 Likes

Thxs for the reply! I’ve too been using cci with it but like you stated its just kinda meh. So far the best is tfa graham crust and ny caps combo with cci. Loranns cc just seems to be almost flavorless. What type of yogurt do you add? I’ve tried adding 1./. Greek caps before to a straw cheesecake then it almost tasted like straw yogurt instead lol

3 Likes

I usually us FLV’s greek, anywhere from .4-1%, depending on what’s in the mix. I think that’s the only Yogurt flavor I have, so I have nothing to compare it to. I like it though but I rarely end up using it

3 Likes

ive tried them and still would rather use the Cap cheesecake , FA custard , and caps Graham cracker v1 , love the idea of the italian cream @DarthVapor what percentage are you using with the italian cream ??

ive always thought a cheesecake had a lemon accent this is why i like to add the FA custard

Note : ive never really nailed or tasted anything that i could actually say " hey thats cheesecake "

3 Likes

It really depends on what else I have in the mix. If there isn’t any dominate/strong flavors, I tend to keep it around .5-.8%. If it’s a heavier mix, 1-1.4%. I have also used it upwards of 2% but I was really looking for a thick and tangy mix.

So, I would start at .5-.8% for a nice base

5 Likes

Same here kinda cheesy notes but definitely wouldn’t be able to guess it was a cheesecake if I had to lol! That’s what I was hoping loranns would do for me! It smells more like cheesecake than anything else I’ve used but so far not tasted like it. I wish it would have tasted like it smells after it steeps lol thx for the replies @fidalgo_vapes and @DarthVapor

3 Likes

Also if someone know what cheesecake flavoring is the most authentic that would be great as well!

3 Likes

you do know the answer to that dont you ??

taste is _____________ ! fill in the blank lol

4 Likes

I just mixed this up to use in recipes, and it smells just like cheesecake! I learned of it from @Amy2 and her peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake recipe. I haven’t mixed the juice yet, just the flavor base.

6 Likes

have you tried tex’s cheesecake base

3 Likes

Lol oh ya but I hate that saying! There’s gotta be some people with the exact same taste buds as me lol

3 Likes

No have not seen this base! Definitely interested. Thx @fidalgo_vapes also thx @Jenny1978

2 Likes

i havent either but i know @Amy2 uses it and if the flavor queen uses it , it has to be good :wink:

4 Likes

Lol ya it does look like a nice base have to give that a try! It must be a winner then!

2 Likes

Have you tried this base @Jenny1978?

1 Like

I Agree that I haven’t found a cheesecake flavor that I have thought tasted like cheesecake! Loranns was such a disappointment! TFA graham crust tastes like an excellent graham crust! But the cheesecake flavor has been hard to find! I am anxious to taste Tex’s flavor base as is and then in the peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake recipe. I currently have 2 flavored cheesecake juices steeping, Central Vapors caramel cheesecake and PUR toasted coconut cheesecake. In fact, they should both be ready to sample. I will definitely let you know if either are any good!

2 Likes

That sounds very nice thank you! I really appreciate the help! So far for me the best that I’ve tried so far has been cc graham crust 3./. & nycc 5./. With 2 graham cracker v1 or graham clear!

3 Likes

I only had enough time to make the flavor base when I did it. I mixed it on July 5. I just opened the bottle and it smells so good I want to eat it! I need to mix it tomorrow!!!

2 Likes

Definitely keep me posted please! Thx again :+1:

2 Likes